Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay's latest Tweets..inc. "Peyton's NOT going to the JETS"

Coltssouth

We're 9-8 in those 9 playoff births. (including a 4 win superbowl)

sub-par IMHO comparing to what we have in offensive weapons. A couple good defensive players take our defense from average to great and sacrafices can be made to accomodate this. Maybe if some of the colts players that are overpaid wanted to win they would take one for the team like other playoff bound teams are doing.

There are only two teams that have had more playoff success over that same time frame (Steelers and Pats). And if you look at just the last 4 years, no team has had any better playoff success than the Colts. So no matter how you want to look at it, the Colts are at least a top 3 team.

Making the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl is two different things. If you are talking about making the playoffs then yes resign everyone. If you are talking about winning the Super Bowl then maybe we need a solid DT..

There are only two teams that have had more playoff success over that same time frame (Steelers and Pats). And if you look at just the last 4 years, no team has had any better playoff success than the Colts. So no matter how you want to look at it, the Colts are at least a top 3 team.

Not for long... all of the teams we have close games against are getting better and we're not. Manning already carry's the team and makes up for a bad defense. Mix that with teams that regularly give us close games getting better and it spells disaster.

We definately don't have the best defense in the league but I think a lot of the conception about it being a "bad" defense is just because it was for so long.

I have seen a big improvement in the last couple of years and I don't think they are as bad a people make them out to be.

Not for long... all of the teams we have close games against are getting better and we're not. Manning already carry's the team and makes up for a bad defense. Mix that with teams that regularly give us close games getting better and it spells disaster.

Teams have supposedly been catching up to the Colts since 2004.

I will believe it when I actually see, not just because some team signs some free agents.

According to Irsay's twitter:

No,the rumor about Peyton,Jets and Tom Moore is about as true as me returning punts this year!!!

That's nice to know I guess :)

On a side note, imagine what Manning would do on the Jets playing with that D, crazy O-line, good receivers and a real HC.

So, we like paying our own, but we let Session go to Jacksonville...That makes loads of sense, and if this means we are not even going to try to get Mebane then that makes me quite upset. Yes Polian is amazing at drafting, but you can't only rely on yourself.

According to Irsay's twitter:

No,the rumor about Peyton,Jets and Tom Moore is about as true as me returning punts this year!!!

That's nice to know I guess :)

On a side note, imagine what Manning would do on the Jets playing with that D, crazy O-line, good receivers and a real HC.

1 word: Dynasty !

Yeah and the Pats have 3 rings and the Steelers have 2 and were in another superbowl. I would rather be in there position then pulling up the broze position.

Now with what I had just said earlier. I love this team and I believe in them. It not easy to compete with an owner with the last name Kraft. Come on, he has all the money in the world. And secondly, the steelers run a great organization. They will always be competive.

Irsay and Polian do alot with what they have. I am proud to say I am a colts fan.