Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is it just me or is TY looking like Marvin?

ColtsHappy

I never said anything different..Today he looked like a cross between Marvin and Reggie...caught everything..short, intermediate and deep..They can't cover him 1 on 1....

He might never have the career Marvin had...but he is a superstar, and I've known he was going to be one since I saw him in his Jr year...He's amazing!

And one thing..Marvin was never known as a playoff type receiver...TY just showed he's clutch under pressure..

Your thread title is correct. Shorter for a "prototypical" receiver, slightly built, but a knack for finding holes in the defense as well as running routes hard every play. That's how Marvin beat everybody and their brother deep -- they never knew whether or not it'd be a hook, hook n go, or a straight fly, etc... Kudos to T.Y and the team.

Here's a fun fact Marvin Harrison had 1 100 yard game in 16 playoff games, T.Y already has 1 in 2 playoff games.

Yup, TY looks to be better than Marvin in the playoffs

Harrison: 16 games, 65 catches, 833 yards, 2 TDs. (Playoffs)

TY already has 1/4 of Marvin's yards, 1/6 of his catches, and as many TDs (2)

Harrison's First 2 Seasons: 137 Catches, 1,702 Yards, 14 TDs, 3 Fumbles, 1 Lost

Wayne's First 2 Seasons: 76 Catches, 1,061 Yards, 4 TDs, 2 Fumbles, 1 Lost

Hilton's First 2 Seasons: 132 Catches, 1,944 Yards, 12 TDs + 1 PR TD, 2 Fumbles, 0 Lost  

I guess you could say he's on the right track and just needs to be consistent. 

OK, so Hilton is now 145 catches 2168 yards and 14 TD's for his first two seasons - SO FAR!

Brazil was looking marvinesque ou there too on a few catches!

GO COLTS!

ColtsHappy

Everybody and their brother knew TY was getting the ball yesterday on most plays. Did KC not get the memo?

This little dude can flat out fly, so funny to watch him turn, and run away from the DB's, or take the top off of the defense up the middle. haha

Luck and Ty were playing backyard ball with those KC Chiefs. Just run and I will throw you the ball. :lol:

I must say that I like TY and glad that we have him. It's a bit premature though to make comparisons to Marvin. He carried us for years by taking on schemes specifically designed to take him out of the game. He made it possible for Reggie, Clark, and others to develop and get the catches much easier than if he wasn't taking the attention away... T.Y. is becoming a true #1 option and I hope that he continues to be great!! Still respect ya Marv'

Both had similar playing styles Marvin was a little faster and had better hands, T.Y was more versatile could line up anywhere and was better once the ball was in his hands. Marvin was bigger but T.Y seems stronger goes over the middle more.

If anything, TY is a little faster than Marvin.

TY may prove to be the best pickup in that draft outside of Andrew.  He is a bonafied play-maker!

Remember how disappointed some of our "knowledgeable" fans were and truly groaned when we moved up to get him?

Said better WR's were available.....said he would have been available later.

Grigs 1 - Fans 0

Here is from Stampede Blue+++++++++++

Stampede Blue's Initial Take On The Pick:

The third round has been a bad one for G.M. Ryan Grigson. He took TE Dwayne Allen at No. 64 after already selecting Coby Fleener at No. 34. Then, Grigson swung a trade with the 49ers, handing over Indy's 97th pick and a 5th rounder to move up to 92 and take Hilton, a player he probably didn't need to move up to get. Hilton is fast (4.34 40-yard time), explosive, and has kick return ability. He also has fumble problems and is only 5'10. He projects as a slot receiver, which is what Austin Collie is. Like the Allen pick, this one is a head-scratcher.

Ty's jukes and spins and finding the open space make's him incredibly exciting to watch. He reminds me a bit of Desean Jackson without all of the arrogance. 

Also the shots of Reggie on the sideline looked like he was about to be in tears. Like he was a proud father of what his little WR's were accomplishing. I don't think we can under value what #87 has done for our WR's since his injury.