Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Guy Is The Biggest Joke The Nfl Has Ever Seen

CR91

I still remember the one story someone told me about how Raider's staff wanted to test JaMarcus Russell's work ethic, so they knowingly gave Russell a blank film tape, and told him to study it. The next day, they asked Russell if the tape helped. Russell said, "yes."

Whether this is a joke or not is debatable.

Edited by ReMeDy

I still remember the one story someone told me about how Raider's staff wanted to test JaMarcus Russell's work ethic, so they knowingly gave Russell a blank film tape, and told him to study it. The next day, they asked Russell if the tape helped. Russell said, "yes."

Whether this is a joke or not is debatable.

I've heard that too haha. I heard Dominic Rhodes once compare Russell to Manning. He said in team meetings, Peyton would always be contributing and writing stuff down in his notebook like mad. By the end of the meeting, it had looked like a 3 year old had found some pens and a notebook; that's how much writing there was. On the other hand, Jamarcus Russell slept during meetings

you know I have always wonder about some players . . . if they are really not into it or just do get it . . . and once they get their first year or two paychecks, and assemble several millions dollars, whether some are bothered by the fact that they dont want to work at the level the NFL requires and take their first few years paychecks and ride into the sunset . .. surely they are loosing future income . . . but as some point some might be satisfied with just a few millions and call it a career . . . i wonder if Russell is in that catagory, made his first year or two salary, realized he didn't want to put in the work and took his paychecks and ran. . .

you know I have always wonder about some players . . . if they are really not into it or just do get it . . . and once they get their first year or two paychecks, and assemble several millions dollars, whether some are bothered by the fact that they dont want to work at the level the NFL requires and take their first few years paychecks and ride into the sunset . .. surely they are loosing future income . . . but as some point some might be satisfied with just a few millions and call it a career . . . i wonder if Russell is in that catagory, made his first year or two salary, realized he didn't want to put in the work and took his paychecks and ran. . .

i think a lot of these guys grew up with nothing, broken homes, poverty, etc. their goal was to make it in the NFL, some had loftier goals of being a 1st round draft pick. and thats where their goals litterally ended. their goal wasnt to be great in the NFL, or have a 10 year career. their goal was to get drafted in the 1st round, get that one big paycheck. and 1 paycheck would be more money then they ever imagined was possible. they never set out to do whats needed to be great for 10-15 years. working 20 hr days, offseason, etc

working 20 hr days

QB's only get four hours of sleep, on average? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying is this true? If so, I'm glad I didn't become a quarterback! I get stomach constipation if I don't get enough sleep (whoops, too much info).

Edited by ReMeDy

Bullseye.