Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Am Asking You All To Chill (Merge)

Coltssouth

I don't mean to be rude here but if you don't like fellow colts fans why are you interacting with them on this forum?

We all have opinions . . . no one is right, but that doesn't make them wrong.

We are here to talk about a team we love.

Empathy and understanding of another persons point of view will take you far in life.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol i think we all need to relax.. this is just football, i mean look at the players they arent sweating it as much as we are cause life goes on.. the team is horrible this year but we shouldnt be ripping each others heads off because we disagree, it happens get over it.. if someone insults you ignore them.

mod, there is a posse here that gangs up on new members.

They think they control this forum.

they also team up together and give out negative points. They work together to achieve this. I tried to combat them with giving out positive points to the dude they torchered the other day. But there is too many of them.

Please do something about this because they are not fair to the rest of the people here. There shouldn't be any posse allowed.

There is no posse, I have seen no posse and this post just makes me feel like I am back in elementary school.

Its an online forum on the internet, reps don't matter, stop complaining, keep posting.

Instead of saying "all you guys are this and that" and lump all of us into one category, why don't you try a different approach and try sticking to the content of a discussion as opposed to questioning other fans' fanhood or having a beef with moderation and the regulars? Just saying. It might actually work.

instigating. I never had beef with mods. Looks like someone is trying too hard.

Anyways, I will have my own opinions and I will respect people opinions. I like to make controversial threads. Fans don't like when someone blames them and I blame the COLT fans for being inconsiderate people. They want everyone fired just because we are playing bad with our best player out.

If Manning was still playing and we had a winning record these same people would not be talking about firing Polian or Caldwell. But of course it's only my opinion.

Lol i think we all need to relax.. this is just football, i mean look at the players they arent sweating it as much as we are cause life goes on.. the team is horrible this year but we shouldnt be ripping each others heads off because we disagree, it happens get over it.. if someone insults you ignore them.

Smitto gets it. Heck, he defended Painter to the nth degree in pre-season, he was partially vindicated when Painter was a step above Jurassic Kerry Collins but he did not feel the necessity for calling out people's fanhood or credibility or intelligence to make his point.

Anyways, I will have my own opinions and I will respect people opinions. I like to make controversial threads. Fans don't like when someone blames them and I blame the COLT fans for being inconsiderate people. They want everyone fired just because we are playing bad with our best player out.

If Manning was still playing and we had a winning record these same people would not be talking about firing Polian or Caldwell. But of course it's only my opinion.

Maybe I misunderstood you, my bad.

To me, threads should be made about the Colts players and members of the organization paid by the Colts, and not about what fans should do and should not be able to do (their stance becomes obvious once you follow their posts, I would think). That has the ripple effect of fans on each side of the wall butting each other's heads and it has little to do with football when it is all said and done.

Just my opinion.

Edited by chad72

Maybe I misunderstood you, my bad.

To me, threads should be made about the Colts players and members of the organization paid by the Colts, and not about what fans should do and should not be able to do. That has the ripple effect of fans on each side of the wall butting each other's heads and it has little to do with football when it is all said and done.

Just my opinion.

yes, but don't you think since it's normal for the fans to blame everything and anything, why is it a problem when someone blames the fans?

yes, but don't you think since it's normal for the fans to blame everything and anything, why is it a problem when someone blames the fans?

Because you are arguing with the basic premise of the forum. You are providing a mandate on how fans should always opine, when the whole premise is, you can have whatever opinion you want, I will agree to disgree with it and I don't need to call you out to prove my point.

You can't say I will respect everyone's opinions no matter what it is and then turn around and start threads with subjects like "you should only have these kinds of opinions" or "why are fans so riled about this" etc. That is what I am getting at, it is contradicting right off the bat.

Edited by chad72

S-I-G-H......

You apparently weren't a reader of this forum the last few of years, (when we had winning records) because not only was the FO questioned when they pulled the starters in the last 2 games in the 14-0 season, but they were also questioning Polian's wisdom about building this team around Manning. And they were also questioning Caldwell's and Coyer's ability and before that, Dungy's abilities. On game day threads and Peyton threw multiple INTs even HE was being questioned; some there said he should be dumped. So it's not just a recent thing.

I am saying that this season shows the rotten personalities in our spoiled fans. is that fair to say?

Like I said earlier ur 17. I've been a fan of the colts when u were in diapers. You are in no position to question me as a fan or call me a backstabber or assume you know anything about my personality.

Edited by Colts1

So shall we blame you for his horrible route on that resulted in a pick six in the Super Bowl. Stones in hand.... ready.... aim... fire.(just hope I have the accuracy of Painter).

Pretty much.

It's also my fault the officials didn't correctly call the Kordell Stewert pass incomplete because the reciever stepped out of bounds and was the first to catch the ball back in 95.

I'd be ashamed of myself, but I'm too corrupt to feel remorse.

I am saying that this season shows the rotten personalities in our spoiled fans. is that fair to say?

No, it is not. Just by saying "rotten", it is like calling names on someone who does not agree with you or share your point of view. That is fair to say as well.

I know others have called you names (subtle or not), nothing I can do about it but I think you can be better than them if you choose to.

Rotten personalities? Why because some of us see the real problem with this team and have so for years? Our GM being one of the biggest? I wouldn't say we have rotten personalities, I'd say we're realist :ttth:

Edited by IndyD4U

Rotten personalities? Why because some of see the real problem with this team and have so for years? Our GM being one of the biggest? I wouldn't say we have rotten personalities, I'd say we're realist :ttth:

Stop it! You're hurting Reggie Wayne's feelings!

basically I am done talking to all of you.

You are doing the same thing here what you did before. You proved my point.

Lol you come in here calling us names and blaming us for the colts being 0-7 and we proved your point?

1. If you truly respect people's opinions then you won't feel the need to call them out for their opinions when they disagree with yours.

2. If you like to make controversial threads then you know to expect controversy. Just don't expect the fans to all agree with your controversial viewpoint nor should you question their fanhood

3. You blame the Colts fans for being inconsiderate. We don't agree with your opinion of us so there WILL be controversy over that. We are ENTITLED TO OUR OPINIONS even if they disagree with yours. And we will defend our opinions as vociferously as you defend yours.

Pretty much.

It's also my fault the officials didn't correctly call the Kordell Stewert pass incomplete because the reciever stepped out of bounds and was the first to catch the ball back in 95.

I'd be ashamed of myself, but I'm too corrupt to feel remorse.

With that said, you better hope I have Kordell Stewart's accuracy. :)

Number28 you need to remember that this is a family forum, yes you are allowed to disagree with opinions, make threads, etc. but the way you have been posting is borderline offensive. Maybe not to me but you have to realize there are other grown men and women who post here who are just fans of the game and want to chat.

Here is an example:

I don't support him, but I like to expose those people who once supported him, like that John Waylon character. Now those same people point fingers at Polian.

I agree with what you are saying tho. These are just spoiled and corrupt fans. Next year with new staff if we are winning they will lick their arses, if we are losing they will again want them out.

Here is an example for you. Let's say we get a whole new staff and win a SB in the next year or so. Then 3-4 years pass and we are back to mediocre. These same people will want all of their past heros out. LOL

fans, don't be like John Waylon, that Yankee type fan mentality is bad. Don't be like him.

'lick their arses' is not necessary to get the point across, it may be fine on another forum but not a family forum

also:

FAIL POST!!!

this is the same guy that was saying how genius Polian was for what he did in Buffalo and Carolina. This is just another backstabbing wagon jumping fan. We don't need fans like this. GET OUT!!

you don't tell another poster to 'GET OUT' simply because they disagree with someone else. Or call a post 'FAIL'. Disagreement is fine but instead of saying 'FAIL POST' you could say 'I disagree.'

This reflects maturity and when I see 'FAIL POST' I already know the age of the poster.

I am just as guilty as the rest of our fans for wanting everyone to be fired.

You should be in the Guiness Book of Records because you have the lowest IQ ever recorded.

You are missing the point of this thread. Why are you even posting here?

personal attacks are not necessary

you are telling another grown man/woman/human he has the lowest IQ ever recorded

There is nothing wrong with disagreement or even arguing a point as long as it stays in line. Do you get what I'm saying? This is a family forum.

Edited by ssarow

basically I am done talking to all of you.

You are doing the same thing here what you did before. You proved my point.

Lemme put it to you this way.....When you post on an open forum such as this and people seem to be "teaming" up on you, that is the result of you being lame. Whether something you said, did, or the way you're presenting yourself is rubbing folks the wrong way. This transcends just differing opinions, but rather may well indicate that you are an unpleasant person to be around, talk to or debate with.

I'm not talking about you personally, number28. I'm mean anyone that finds themselves as the odd man out, wondering why everyone is being so mean to them. Typically when I look back at times when I have felt this way, I can see that at the time I was being annoying, overly-sensitive or somehow not presenting myself accordingly.

In other words (and remember this throughout your life), when you're being "bullied" by a bunch of folks that have never even met each other, then you're probably just being lame. Look back at your post history and try to think "Am I being lame".

Edited by ruksak

... Wow. This thread is near epic levels... Go back and read each of number28's posts in this thread... He clearly states that everyone else is the problem. Everyone else deserves to be banned. It's everyone else, not him. Better yet, let me save you the time and trouble, it's all in this exchange right here:

Did it ever occur to you that it is what you are saying that people disagree with and not that you're a newer member?

Is it my fault that I don't think like majority of Colts fans? That I don't point my finger and blame people or want peopel fired?

See? Everyone else is the problem.

He claims there is a posse who terrorizes new members like himself. NEVERMIND the fact he's been here for nearly two months now, that doesn't coincide with his theory... Politely ignore that.

It's not because the opinions he puts forth are hardly worth reading, it's because he's new.

Just look at his presence in this thread. A mod asks people to chill out, and the first thing he does is come in flies off the hook with his conspiracy theory of a posse, negative points, and the mods who let them run wild because they're against him. Again, we're back at the point where it's everyone else, and not him.

He's almost 17. There's our problem. How many 17 year olds have been in this world who weren't geniuses and didn't tell everyone else they were wrong and that they were right?