Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why not get some defense?

otter28169

Why would we let superstar Defensive backs go to Houston or The Jets?????? As far as I am concerned we could definately use our own shutdown corner. I know the offense is great, but the defense is sorely lacking. Bob Sanders is gone, which I know was a smart move, but I will miss bob and hope he can overcome the injuries in his career. I think we need to pick up Asomugha. Let him take away our opponent's best receiver so that we can focus most of our effort on stopping the run.

"Why would we let superstar Defensive backs go to Houston or The Jets?????? As far as I am concerned we could definately use our own shutdown corner. I know the offense is great, but the defense is sorely lacking. Bob Sanders is gone, which I know was a smart move, but I will miss bob and hope he can overcome the injuries in his career. I think we need to pick up Asomugha. Let him take away our opponent's best receiver so that we can focus most of our effort on stopping the run"

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY WE CANT AFFORD IT HE IS ASKING 12-14 MILLON PER YEAR...WE DONT GOT THAT MUCH OUR CAP IS NEARLY FULL

Did we even tender an offer? He wants 12-14mil but he might come down to be on a team that is guarenteed to take him to the playoffs and likely further.

It allcomes down to two things.

Do you want to win or do you want to get paid?

Me knowing the colts, they didn;t even contact his agent because they don't want to sign a FA anyway.

Yeah, Colts are for some reason afraid of free agency, unless they are cheap. Asomugha would be awesome, but impossible with cap room. Peyton would have to take a pay cut, and Irsay wont let that happen. Im sure Peyton would do it to ensure a Superbowl appearance, but what do I know, right?

Why would we let superstar Defensive backs go to Houston or The Jets?????? As far as I am concerned we could definately use our own shutdown corner. I know the offense is great, but the defense is sorely lacking. Bob Sanders is gone, which I know was a smart move, but I will miss bob and hope he can overcome the injuries in his career. I think we need to pick up Asomugha. Let him take away our opponent's best receiver so that we can focus most of our effort on stopping the run.

We can't for the reason being that Asomugha is not worth the asking price with our team being over the cap limit. Now we could try to go after Brandon Mebane or pick up Tommie Harris in free agency and resign Antonio Johnson. And if by some miracle we were able to get all 3 even better.

Then go out and get Donte Whitner as possible starting SS or servicable back-up/rotation or Brandon Carr/Richard Marshall(i know these two options might be a little too much) for cornerback.

And if you want an Outside LineBacker to fill the so-called void left by Session leaving, pick up James Anderson, Ernie Sims or Mike Peterson.

I don't know why we don't just go out and get the top defensive players in their position. Then we will be the best team evar!!! *extreme sarcasm*

We don't even have the cap space to sign our own freaking players. No way we can sign others!