Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano STILL unsure what the offensive line will be

TKnight24

Honestly i don't know much about offensive line talent or whatever you wanna call it.

But the offensive line we had vs San Francisco was the best one imo. We ran the ball extremely well. So I'd want that one. Any line-up that puts McGlynn at center is good seems like. So if I had to pick a line-up

Castonzo-Nixon/Reitz-McGlynn-Thornton-Cherilus

This is the playoffs, can't go into the Oil Drum half stepping. Gotta be sharp on all phases

We had Bradshaw in that game to make the run game look good.

Pagano: O-line options. We'll put the best 5 out there that gives us the best chance to win.

I feel like this is just coach speak, translation: "I'm not going to give KC any foresight as to what our lineup will be. They'll find out on Sunday."

He doesn't have to tell us either, which I'm fine with. Very Belichick-esque, I like it.

Everyone who was on the offensive line Sunday is healthy I do believe so they are available

Speaking of Sundays game, how did he O line play? I was traveling and have not got a chance to watch the replay. It looks like they may have done a decent job protecting Luck ( 1 sack, good QB stats ) but the running game sure didn't put up very good numbers other than the two touchdowns.

Did anyone stand out either in a positive or negative way?

Castonzo, Nixon, McGynn, Reitz, Cherilos. I'm tempted to say Thornton at RG, but that would be two rookies startings.

nixon is not better than Thornton

I really don't know why this keeps getting brought up. It's like some people don't watch the actual games

I really don't know why this keeps getting brought up. It's like some people don't watch the actual games

They are pretty close, Until I watched Thornton pick up a stunt by J.J Watt I I was beginning to think he had no idea what they were, He was regularly beat on those prior to that BUT Thornton has got marginally better

They are pretty close, Until I watched Thornton pick up a stunt by J.J Watt I I was beginning to think he had no idea what they were, He was regularly beat on those prior to that BUT Thornton has got marginally better

thornton is a better run blocker and pass blocker. Not really much to discuss here

Thornton had his struggles this year, but his last few games have been great.  Go with the hot hand at LG (you don't switch sides for the playoffs!).  The right side OG - I'm not sure if Reitz, Link, or McGlynn are the best choice, but the coaches should have a good idea!

You mean with have to agree with you to prove we watch games?  Thanks, I didn't know that.