Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Hadn't Thought About This Regarding The Madden Curse...

ReMeDy

NFL.com mentioned this. If you look at Peyton Hillis, he has been taking some flak recently regarding sitting out due to illness. Regardless, what's really odd is Peyton Manning has also been undergoing a dilemma with his neck injury knocking him out all season, finally breaking his ironman streak. What's even stranger, however, is New Orleans coach Sean Payton also got injured, and he doesn't even get involved in the game physically! It's like everyone named Peyton (or sounds like Peyton) is getting knocked out one-by-one...

Edited by ReMeDy

lol it's true... the Peyton(or Payton)'s are taking a hit this year...

I believe in the Madden Curse; I'm not superstitious, but this is just scary. Faulk goes on cover goes on a decline...Michael Vick gets injured, has a bad year, then goes to jail.... Ray Lewis gets injured and has no picks....McNabb, bad year plus decline....Alexander, big decline plus he was a one hit wonder... Vince Young, decline.... Brett Favre, the decline plus the injuries.... Larry Fitz has a good year, but not great and Polamalu gets injured plus has okay year.... DREW BREES IS THE FIRST GUY TO OVERCOME IT.... Peyton Hillis is having a horrible year, been injured/sick, and it's not getting better.

I believe in the Madden Curse; I'm not superstitious, but this is just scary. Faulk goes on cover goes on a decline...Michael Vick gets injured, has a bad year, then goes to jail.... Ray Lewis gets injured and has no picks....McNabb, bad year plus decline....Alexander, big decline plus he was a one hit wonder... Vince Young, decline.... Brett Favre, the decline plus the injuries.... Larry Fitz has a good year, but not great and Polamalu gets injured plus has okay year.... DREW BREES IS THE FIRST GUY TO OVERCOME IT.... Peyton Hillis is having a horrible year, been injured/sick, and it's not getting better.

Brees through 22 picks and ended up getting knocked out of the playoffs by a team with a losing-record. That has to count for something.

Drew Brees had statistically the worst year in his career since his first year starting with the Chargers. There's definitely something to the Madden Curse.

Uh oh, and it thickens even more. The Browns are willing to let Hillis walk after this season:

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

"I think everybody's noticed a little bit of a change in him, but he could have some family issues or something," Wallace told the newspaper. "Maybe his priorities have changed. We have a whole new staff, so a lot of things have changed. Maybe some of it's overblown."

Umm hello? Wallace?... It's the Madden Curse! It can change a man! So in just one season, he is going to go from being Madden cover boy and locker-room and fan favorite, to being a free agent?

Edited by ReMeDy

The Madden Curse has been explained to just be a statistically anomaly. These guys play football, so of course theres a good chance they get hurt and have an off season. In fact, you could say they you would be a fantasy football genius, if you would take the best performers of the previous season, and then bet against them, (Know they are going to have an off year), and pick an up and coming pick for RB. History supports this claim.