Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lezlie Frazier fired.

Dustin

http://m.si.com/3543186/vikings-gm-leslie-frazier-not-going-anywhere/

Just so we all know how little a GMs word really means at times.

To be fair that article was written in week 6 lol. Obviously he's not gonna say we're moving on from Frazier at the end of the year in week 6, heck I actually believe him that he still wanted to turn this around and keep Frazier just like he said in the article, problem being a lot of things continued to spiral out of control for the Vikings.

To be fair that article was written in week 6 lol. Obviously he's not gonna say we're moving on from Frazier at the end of the year in week 6, heck I actually believe him that he still wanted to turn this around and keep Frazier just like he said in the article, problem being a lot of things continued to spiral out of control for the Vikings.

I know it was in week 6, but it's a reason why a GMs word at times means nothing. Anything can happen during those next 11 weeks and as we all know now those 11 weeks changed his mind into firing Frazier. I can understand the support he was trying to give Frazier, but it doesn't mean a thing now.

If they want to keep their existing defensive scheme in place then either Del Rio or Lovie Smith could be good fits for them.  

I was thinking Lovie.  I believe he and Frazier were the last of the Dungy disciples as head coaches???  Correct me if I am wrong.  I personally would move away from the infamous Cover 2 as a base defense here in 2013/14.  

The rules changes have rendered the 'bend but not break' virtually obsolete IMO.  Except for maybe Lovie's style that DOES utilize press coverage!!

I was thinking Lovie. I believe he and Frazier were the last of the Dungy disciples as head coaches??? Correct me if I am wrong. I personally would move away from the infamous Cover 2 as a base defense here in 2013/14.

The rules changes have rendered the 'bend but not break' virtually obsolete IMO. Except for maybe Lovie's style that DOES utilize press coverage!!

I think Tomlin is tied to Dungy too just a little further removed than most of the other have been.

I was thinking Lovie.  I believe he and Frazier were the last of the Dungy disciples as head coaches???  Correct me if I am wrong.  I personally would move away from the infamous Cover 2 as a base defense here in 2013/14.  

The rules changes have rendered the 'bend but not break' virtually obsolete IMO.  Except for maybe Lovie's style that DOES utilize press coverage!!

And Lovie could give a call to his former DC Rod Marinelli who might prefer to be a DC again instead of a DL coach.