Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do you hope the Texans draft with the #1 pick ?

Brent71

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys are overrating clowney just a bit. his refusal to play against kentucky in october and his DUI's in the last year will hurt his draft stock. he has character issues. If houston does draft him it will be after they trade down or they will go with a QB. but dont be surprised if they go LT and get jake mathews out of TAMU either. 

Their three biggest needs according to three " experts "

1)Offensive line - Jake Mathews

2) Middle linebacker (who can blame them, with cushing always being hurt) 

3) Quarter Back - Teddy Bridgewater

you guys are overrating clowney just a bit. his refusal to play against kentucky in october and his DUI's in the last year will hurt his draft stock. he has character issues. If houston does draft him it will be after they trade down or they will go with a QB. but dont be surprised if they go LT and get jake mathews out of TAMU either.

Their three biggest needs according to three " experts "

1)Offensive line - Jake Mathews

2) Middle linebacker (who can blame them, with cushing always being hurt)

3) Quarter Back - Teddy Bridgewater

None of that will hurt his stock. He'll be the 2nd or 3rd player off of the board.

None of that will hurt his stock. He'll be the 2nd or 3rd player off of the board.

maybe so, but wont go to houston. his best chance in getting drafted 2nd or third would be with St.Louis or Jacksonville and i honestly do not see St.Louis keeping that 2nd pick they got from the skins as they could trade down to get more picks from a team who wants a QB. honestly i wouldn't be surprised to see Cleveland move up (since they have two first rounders them selves) to get a QB as well and Teddy and Johnny going 1 & 2.

but would Jacksnoville go after clowney when their biggest needs are at QB, WR (with blackmon being one more substance abuse away from being suspended a whole season) OLB and their secondary. 

Now i could see someone like Minnesota trading up to get Clowney with Jared Allen getting to the retirement age. I mean i guess with two years of drafting Shariff Floyd, Xavier Rhodes and Clowney in two drafts couldn't be to bad. and they could always draft McCarron in the 2nd or trade their 2nd round pick to the skins for Cousins or hope that Josh Johnson pans out next year at QB lol. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Have you not watched how Geno has turned out so far? Teddy is the SAME QB, who has played consistently against a soft schedule. He will be exposed almost immediately when he steps on the field against an NFL defense.

That is not even remotely accurate.  

Guest TeamLoloJones

still can't stand that dude!  I thought he was a punk at USC, was a punk with the saints, phins and now the lions.

I never had a problem with him.  In fact, I was hoping we would sign him last offseason.

I honestly do not care who they take. That team needs a whole lot more than anybody this draft will offer with the 1st overall pick. Despite what some people think, the Texans are not very talented on either side of the ball and will probably lose a little bit of the talent they do have this offseason because they are in cap hell.

Please share the differences...

Better pocket prescence, accuracy, arm talent, plays in a pro-style system, poise, has touch on his passes, quick release, goes through his progressions quick (Geno has "slow eyes"), decision making, ect..

I don't see a single similarity.

Time for them to drive the other Carr, Derek.   :)

As a Fresno State Bulldogs fan, Derek is a VERY good pro prospect.  He didn't have much of a line and didn't have a great running game this year either, but he has an amazing arm.  Accurate.  Precise.  Big distance with hardly and effort.  He's a thinker.  He didn't throw an interception in like almost 400 passes, crazy.  Had he had the front line that some of the higher rated QBs had, he would have been noticed more.

Had he accepted a scholarship for any of the majors that wanted him, he might have had the Heisman - but Fresno is his family school.  He's a quality man.  I just hope he doesn't land somewhere where he'll be beat up like his brother :-(

Better pocket prescence, accuracy, arm talent, plays in a pro-style system, poise, has touch on his passes, quick release, goes through his progressions quick (Geno has "slow eyes"), decision making, ect..

I don't see a single similarity.

Hmm.. I guess our opinions differ.. I see a guy late in the majority of his throws. Not often does he or did he have to make difficult throws due to the lack of conpetition he faced. He really only looks comfortable when he has an absolute clean pocket to throw from, as Cincy early on and Memphis were giving him fits in those two games who were also the toughest defenses he had played all year. Cincy and Memphis? His arm is average and leaned a lot on YAC from his recievers. Being decent in a mid-major-type conference would have me worried as a GM, especially if I'm looking for a franchise QB. Good luck to whomever takes him.

He's going to be a deer in headlights in the NFL.

Hmm.. I guess our opinions differ.. I see a guy late in the majority of his throws. Not often does he or did he have to make difficult throws due to the lack of conpetition he faced. He really only looks comfortable when he has an absolute clean pocket to throw from, as Cincy early on and Memphis were giving him fits in those two games who were also the toughest defenses he had played all year. Cincy and Memphis? His arm is average and leaned a lot on YAC from his recievers. Being decent in a mid-major-type conference would have me worried as a GM, especially if I'm looking for a franchise QB. Good luck to whomever takes him.

He's going to be a deer in headlights in the NFL.

He also played a great Miami defense and utterly destroyed them.

Have you not watched how Geno has turned out so far? Teddy is the SAME QB, who has played consistently against a soft schedule. He will be exposed almost immediately when he steps on the field against an NFL defense.

Absolutely not. Geno came from a spread offense.

Bridgewater is a complete product, Smith was far from Complete. 

Miami's defense wasn't good.. haha They were giving up over 40+ points a game and 500 yards per game the back half of the season.

True. I don't know why I was think that. I guess I was confusing thwm with someone else.

Regardless, he's still the best QB prospect in the draft and not anywhere close to Geno Smith.

Absolutely not. Geno came from a spread offense.

Bridgewater is a complete product, Smith was far from Complete.

Good luck with that... Bridgewater looked good in a mid-major conference. The guy hasn't been tested his whole time at Louisville. Complete? Not even close, and your Cleveland scout team will expose that. The guy is ALL hype.. Don't buy into it.

True. I don't know why I was think that. I guess I was confusing thwm with someone else.

Regardless, he's still the best QB prospect in the draft and not anywhere close to Geno Smith.

I'd take Aaron Murray all day over anyone in the draft QB-wise, and he's even hurt. The guy lost all of his receivers AND his top running back and still had his team contending every week. Pro-system, NFL arm, played in and was successful in the top conference of football. I hate the SEC, but this kid is going to be good in the NFL.

Good luck with that... Bridgewater looked good in a mid-major conference. The guy hasn't been tested his whole time at Louisville. Complete? Not even close, and your Cleveland scout team will expose that. The guy is ALL hype.. Don't buy into it.

1. It's not a mid major conference

2. There have been plenty of QBs that have excelled coming from weaker conferences

1. It's not a mid major conference

2. There have been plenty of QBs that have excelled coming from weaker conferences

1. Read my other posts.. I already noted it by putting mid-major-"type" in another post. I'm aware that it's not, but was just calling it that based off of my opinion of the conference.

2. Were any of them franchise QBs or ones you would take with a top 5 pick? I can't think of a single a starting QB in the league now that came from a weak conference that's any good especially one I would draft that high.

1. Read my other posts.. I already noted it by putting mid-major-"type" in another post. I'm aware that it's not, but was just calling it that based off of my opinion of the conference.

2. Were any of them franchise QBs or ones you would take with a top 5 pick? I can't think of a single a starting QB in the league now that came from a weak conference that's any good especially one I would draft that high.

You wouldn't take Roethlisberger?

And there is another famous Louisville QB you might have heard of lol

Not as top-5 pick, but somehow I did forget him lol. Flacco? Hell no..

haha Unitas? Of course I would take the guy, but college football back 50 years ago is a little different than today.

You wouldn't take Roethlisberger as a top 5 pick?? You have high standards

I honestly do not care who they take. That team needs a whole lot more than anybody this draft will offer with the 1st overall pick. Despite what some people think, the Texans are not very talented on either side of the ball and will probably lose a little bit of the talent they do have this offseason because they are in cap hell.

Four months ago, the Texans were listed by ESPN as having one of the most talented rosters in the NFL.

This is what happens when your team gets wiped out by injuries or bad QB play, or both.     But there is considerable talent on that roster.

Put another way,  this is not a typical 2-14 team.    Just the way KC had the worst record last year and Reid knew just how good a roster that was....    Same for Texas....    give them the right HC and get them a decent QB, and they could be in the hunt for the post season next year.

Just a different perspective......

Four months ago, the Texans were listed by ESPN as having one of the most talented rosters in the NFL.

This is what happens when your team gets wiped out by injuries or bad QB play, or both. But there is considerable talent on that roster.

Put another way, this is not a typical 2-14 team. Just the way KC had the worst record last year and Reid knew just how good a roster that was.... Same for Texas.... give them the right HC and get them a decent QB, and they could be in the hunt for the post season next year.

Cushing and Foster were their only real losses, that I can think of. Schaub's play was a detriment, but their coaching staff seemed to take a step back as well. I still don't agree with firing Kubiak when they did. Let the guy finish the season. There was nothing more to lose by doing so.

Bridgewater's size is questionable, if he is 190 lbs. he better head for Ben & Jerry's or he'll be out for the season after the first snap. 

The Texans are said to be full of talent then explain 14 straight losses. No team is full of talent and looses 14 straight. Don't spend any sleepless nights worrying about the Texans competing with the Colts any time soon.

Texans lost 11 games by 7 points or less.  NFL record. That stat is very telling.  Means they were in most of their games.   Talent is there.

This is what happens when your team gets wiped out by injuries or bad QB play, or both. But there is considerable talent on that roster.

Put another way, this is not a typical 2-14 team. Just the way KC had the worst record last year and Reid knew just how good a roster that was.... Same for Texas.... give them the right HC and get them a decent QB, and they could be in the hunt for the post season next year.

ESPN isn't a legitimate source for judging talent IMO. They honestly are just a bunch of bandwagon analysts that pick the "hot" team. I've said for the last few yrs. that people keep over rating the Texans and they prove me right yr. in and yr. out. The Texans are in for serious disappointment if they believe they will be contenders for a few more yrs. at least IMO.