Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

David Gilreath will most likely be our Special Teams Returner

coltsuser21

Some teams even offered a bigger signing bonus than the Colts, but Gilreath decided his best opportunity to make an NFL roster was in Indianapolis. The Colts ranked 28th in the NFL in punt returns last season and 29th in kickoff returns. Indianapolis also told Gilreath they'd give him a look as a slot receiver.

Gilreath said "There's going to be competition wherever you go," Gilreath said. "But I felt I had a better shot here than anywhere else." By Tuesday morning, Gilreath was in Indianapolis, exhausted but eager to start his new job.

"They told me to pack like I'm not coming home," Gilreath said. "So that's what I did. That's my plan."

The guy gots skills i looked at his highlight video i think he could land a spot on kick returns for sure and maybe a slot reciever

Anything has to be better than what he have had last year and in the recent years past. The Colt's preform best when they are able to get out to a nice lead and put it on cruise control, what better way to do that then start with good field postion. I think he looks like someone who could provide a little engergry to our return game. Dom was the only one who somewhat impressed me last year with returns and even his is well bellow par on returns..our rankings clearly show that in both punk and kick returns. Tryon can now focus on becoming a better DB which I like, I feel he can become better this year, even though he impressed me last year. Things have to look up for our return teams..lets take a few to the house this year! Good luck Gilreath!

Hidden

He could definitely be the starter if he makes the team, but is he really worth that roster spot...?

That's the 'key' question.David is a WR and we have so much depth there it will be hard to carry him on our active roster.Because wayne,collie,white and garcon are fixed.However i could see him possibly beating out bozo for that last spot.That would mean we carry 5 WR.

I think David Gilreath and Joe Horn make the team. For that to happen the Colts would carry 6 WR's and cut someone on the roster. They've done it before, so it's not out of the question.

Take a look at Joe Horn here.

Take a look at David Gilreath here.

Both these guys have serious polish on them. Look out Gonzalez, because being injured all the time has consequences. Just ask Bob Sanders... and he was a Pro-Bowler!

I didn't see anyone on here talk about the Blocking in front of Gilreath or Horn. Proper Blockibng opens holes to run thru and then once he's in the hole No# 34 lays a big hit which allowed him to go all the way. :36 - :39

Its just like a RB. The O-line has to open the hole or the RB gets stuffed. Our ST don't block properly and that's why they stink it up!

I didn't see anyone on here talk about the Blocking in front of Gilreath or Horn. Proper Blockibng opens holes to run thru and then once he's in the hole No# 34 lays a big hit which allowed him to go all the way. :36 - :39

Its just like a RB. The O-line has to open the hole or the RB gets stuffed. Our ST don't block properly and that's why they stink it up!

While I agree with this, I feel like an explosive returner could really help. Regardless of the blocking, he's really fast so he'll get farther faster. If our STs can at least do decent then I think he could do the rest.

Don't know much about Gilreath, but as a Buckeye fan I do remember one of his "big" plays. I have watched Joe Horn play at Ashland for the last 3 seasons, was there for his last game in which he scored 6 TD's. The kid has game and would be an asset to the team.

Regards, GG

That's the 'key' question.David is a WR and we have so much depth there it will be hard to carry him on our active roster.Because wayne,collie,white and garcon are fixed.However i could see him possibly beating out bozo for that last spot.That would mean we carry 5 WR.

What makes you guys think we have depth there?? One receiver suffers from concussion and the other one hasnt played in forever. We have wayne and garcon who are legit the rest of the guys are question marks to stay above avg healthy.