Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Loses to Lebron James AP Athleter of The Year

King Colt

Not discounting Wade but I am not sure if he is even like Pippen was to Jordan in terms of helping Lebron. We'll see how his body holds up ...

He has done his fair share for 3 championship. Not for his share, there is no championship in Miami.

Even if he couldnt win anymore or his knee is all busted, who cares. He is in HOF.

He has done his fair share for 3 championship. Not for his share, there is no championship in Miami.

Even if he couldnt win anymore or his knee is all busted, who cares. He is in HOF.

I would say Mario Chalmers and Ray Allen were more important to the two rings. Not that Wade didn't do his part but those two guys stepped up in critical situations to win key post-season games.

I would say Mario Chalmers and Ray Allen were more important to the two rings. Not that Wade didn't do his part but those two guys stepped up in critical situations to win key post-season games.

Read carefully. I didnt say others didnt contribute. But without Wade, they would have lost.

Diffferent players at different games.

1-2 down, going to Indiana, Wade played a monster with busted knee 41 points.

Read carefully. I didnt say others didnt contribute. But without Wade, they would have lost.

Diffferent players at different games.

1-2 down, going to Indiana, Wade played a monster with busted knee 41 points.

Without Allen they lose game 6 to the Spurs no?

Re read second line

Right, but it's counterintuitive to your argument lol.

You're trying to make the case that Wade was, by himself, extremely vital to winning their rings last year. Lots of players could be plugged into that same argument, IE Allen. Thus not making it a very compelling point. Especially when considering how inconsistent he was during the entire playoff run.

Right, but it's counterintuitive to your argument lol.

You're trying to make the case that Wade was, by himself, extremely vital to winning their rings last year. Lots of players could be plugged into that same argument, IE Allen. Thus not making it a very compelling point. Especially when considering how inconsistent he was during the entire playoff run.

I said without Wade they wouldnt have won. That could be said about other players too. Hence second line.

I didnt say Wade was the only reason. Got to read clearly.

I said without Wade they wouldnt have won. That could be said about other players too. Hence second line.

I didnt say Wade was the only reason. Got to read clearly.

Right. And since it can be said about a number of other players it diminishes his importance to the most recent NBA Championship run.

He wasn't even close to the guy. If not for James there would have been no moment for Wade to have. He isn't the same player he uses to be. He wasn't the star of the playoff run. He was on the level with Allen and Shane.

Got to think clearly.

Since all of the reports that Wade, Lebron, Bosh talked about constructing a trade.....  and then their little Pep Rally....I really lost respect for that team and those players.

I already didn't like Lebron since he cut out on his post game show after a loss.  I was so jubilent when the Mavs beat them in the championship game, after they were already declared winners.

Having said all that, no doubt LeBron is a very gifted basketball player......

It's really obvious from the bolded that you don't watch basketball.

lol this

He backs it up though.  Players like Dwayne Wade are the real arrogant babies

Are you saying Wade doesn't back it up? For a couple years he was arguably better than Lebron and even know banged up at times his statline is very very good. 

20 PPG, 5 Ast, 5 Reb, 2.1 Stl, at a whopping .547 FG %. Scoring 20 PPG at almost 55% is insane and the only player who has that efficiency while scoring over 20 PPG is you guessed it, Lebron. Wade has learned to take a step back and has flourished incredibly as the 2nd option. He's still definitely top 10 and that's as the 2nd option while being injured. 

He also has a finals MVP and won it for the heat in '06 and has been clutch in his 2 other championships as well. 

So in conclusion, he backs it up. 

And he doesn't back it up?.

I will take D wade in prime over LBJ any day.

He is nicknamed Flash for a reason. No D Wade, no ring for LBJ.

D Wade won a ring before LBJ went to Miami.

Oh please. Wade had Shaq on his team during his first title run. LeBron carried that Cavs team to the playoffs and the Finals despite being surrounded with mediocre players. Look at where the Cavs are now. Give LeBron Shaq in his Cleveland days and he wins at least one title. I'll take prime LeBron over prime Wade any day.

As for LeBron on the Heat.. He has clearly been their best player during their title runs, and he is very deserving of this award.

Oh please. Wade had Shaq on his team during his first title run. LeBron carried that Cavs team to the playoffs and the Finals despite being surrounded with mediocre players. Look at where the Cavs are now. Give LeBron Shaq in his Cleveland days and he wins at least one title. I'll take prime LeBron over prime Wade any day.

As for LeBron on the Heat.. He has clearly been their best player during their title runs, and he is very deserving of this award.

Shaq did play in Cleveland while Lebron was there.

Albeit an over the hill, extemely ineffective Shaq.

On a serious note James has a big feather in his cap because his team won a championship this year and he was a big part of the reason why.  Manning's team went one and done in the playoffs and fair or not people remember the Manning turnover as a big part of the reason why they lost.  While championships aren't everything but when trying to split hairs like when trying to compare James to Manning they do play a role.  For the record this is coming from someone who is a much bigger fan of Manning than he is of James.  In fact I down right dislike James, I think he's one of the biggest cry babies in sports, like almost Wade and Brady level (and yes Pats fans I know you aren't going to like that so you don't have to tell me if you disagree with my opinion on the subject so be it that's not the point of this thread.)  On the other hand even though he's no longer a Colt I still like Peyton Manning a great deal so if I am bias in anyone's favor it's Peyton's. 

Right. And since it can be said about a number of other players it diminishes his importance to the most recent NBA Championship run.

He wasn't even close to the guy. If not for James there would have been no moment for Wade to have. He isn't the same player he uses to be. He wasn't the star of the playoff run. He was on the level with Allen and Shane.

Got to think clearly.

He wasnt huh.

Remember the beat down he gave to Pacers with a busted knee. 

You stil not getting my point, without him there is no title. He was integral for all 3 titles.

And he doesn't back it up?.

I will take D wade in prime over LBJ any day.

He is nicknamed Flash for a reason. No D Wade, no ring for LBJ.

D Wade won a ring before LBJ went to Miami.

I personally don't like either of them, to be honest..but how could you choose Wade over one of the GOATS?

No D Wade, no ring for LBJ---So a gimp Wade, who seems to be riddled with knee problems, carried LBJ & the Heat the past few years? Um, for example, did you watch the Heat's postseason run last year? You know, the postseason where Bosh and Wade struggled..and Lebron basically bailed them out. Yeah...you have that statement backwards.

D Wade won a ring before LBJ went to Miami--- I guarantee you that Wade would not have won a title in Cleveland if the roles were switched. Lebron single handily made the Cavs title contenders (D-Wade would done the same, in all likelihood...but Wade, like LBJ, would not have won a title).

With that said, I cannot understand how you could even logically choose Wade over LBJ (both in their prime). You sound like a Lebron hater; give respect where it's deserved.

I personally don't like either of them, to be honest..but how could you choose Wade over one of the GOATS?

No D Wade, no ring for LBJ---So a gimp Wade, who seems to be riddled with knee problems, carried LBJ & the Heat the past few years? Um, for example, did you watch the Heat's postseason run last year? You know, the postseason where Bosh and Wade struggled..and Lebron basically bailed them out. Yeah...you have that statement backwards.

D Wade won a ring before LBJ went to Miami--- I guarantee you that Wade would not have won a title in Cleveland if the roles were switched. Lebron single handily made the Cavs title contenders (D-Wade would done the same, in all likelihood...but Wade, like LBJ, would not have won a title).

With that said, I cannot understand how you could even logically choose Wade over LBJ (both in their prime). You sound like a Lebron hater; give respect where it's deserved.

LOL you are funny. Just didnt get my point. Anyways, i am not going over it again.

I like both too. But i like D Wade more. He is old and banged up now. In his prime, he really was a Flash. LBJ is a big athlete but Wade ball handling is sick.

Anyways, this is a football forum. Dont want to make it NBA.

To answer this thread, sure LBJ deserves it especially with all the pressure from media for him to sit with 2 titles is incredible.

Some posts have been removed from this thread due to masked profantiy

reminder  http://forums.colts.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

(7) Please do no attempt to avoid the profanity filters. Profanity and vulgarity in posts, veiled or otherwise, is unacceptable and prohibited. The intentional misspelling, replacing letters with special characters (@, $, etc.) words constitutes masked profanity and vulgarity. Posts containing such content are subject to editing or deletion. Members posting in this manner are subject to warnings/posting restrictions.

This is a family friendly site . That means that *masked* profanity and sexual innuendo are prohibited. Don't post it and don't try to be clever and "get around the filter".

He wasnt huh.

Remember the beat down he gave to Pacers with a busted knee.

You stil not getting my point, without him there is no title. He was integral for all 3 titles.

And I disagree. He was only the guy for his first title. He also played better than Lebron, IMO, when they went to the Finals, and lost to Dallas.

This last title he was a situational player, and inconsistent at that.

Lebron deserved it after his year. MVP, title, and Finals MVP isuch note impressive that another one and done.

I dislike Lebron because of his crybaby antics. He is way to good for that stuff, but he is the unquestioned best player in the league.

I understand him leaving Cleveland as they were never going to win the title. He carried that team to a title and their front office contually failed to get him any help. Nobody can do it alone not even Jordan. Now televising it was a bad decision, but the decision itself was the right move.

And I disagree. He was only the guy for his first title. He also played better than Lebron, IMO, when they went to the Finals, and lost to Dallas.

This last title he was a situational player, and inconsistent at that.

Without him they wouldnt have won the 3rd. He played his part.