Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Loses to Lebron James AP Athleter of The Year

King Colt

What?! I would love to sees the reasoning or lack of reason why Manning did not get award. Maybe if I watched basketball I would have a clue. Basketball is the only sport where a physical attribute guarantees you a score. That is height, if you are tall enough you simply hold the ball and drop it in the bucket. Absurd! 

I don't really follow the NBA but usually these cross-sports awards can go any one of many directions. Manning won SI's award but LeBron won this one... that could be flip-flopped every which way.

So insignificant though, just a waste of time...

That's true he's just one of the biggest babies and is too damn cocky

How on Earth is LeBron cocky? He's one of the most humble superstars in sports. Especially compared to guys like Kobe and Dwight Howard.

LeBron is the best athelte in the world right now, and deserved the award.

How on Earth is LeBron cocky? He's one of the most humble superstars in sports. Especially compared to guys like Kobe and Dwight Howard.

Did you watch the Christmas game? He held onto the rim, for a significant time, after a dunk mocking Staples Center.

If you honestly think LeBron isn't cocky than I don't know what to say.

Did you watch the Christmas game? He held onto the rim, for a significant time, after a dunk mocking Staples Center.

If you honestly think LeBron isn't cocky than I don't know what to say.

He held onto the rim, like almost all NBA players have before. Doesn't change the fact that's he's perhaps the best teammate/leader in the NBA, and is beloved by everyone in the league. NBA players aren't the robots that NFL players are. Its a game filled with emotions. Regardless, he's a much better face of the league than Kobe/MJ ever was.

I think he has a tough time living down "The Decision" show. That will always haunt him. But he has seem to grow up a ton the last two seasons and he is one of the most unselfish b-ball players. I do enjoy watching him play and mature as a player and a person. And I do find him much more likeable then Kobe.

I think he has a tough time living down "The Decision" show. That will always haunt him. But he has seem to grow up a ton the last two seasons and he is one of the most unselfish b-ball players. I do enjoy watching him play and mature as a player and a person. And I do find him much more likeable then Kobe.

The Decision was a huge mistake, but that happened in 2010. I think people need to let that go. All it did was raise a couple million dollars for charity too. If that's the worst thing that LeBron's ever done, then we're watching a special kind of player.

He held onto the rim, like almost all NBA players have before. Doesn't change the fact that's he's perhaps the best teammate/leader in the NBA, and is beloved by everyone in the league. NBA players aren't the robots that NFL players are. Its a game filled with emotions. Regardless, he's a much better face of the league than Kobe/MJ ever was.

You get a technical for holding onto the rim. You can only hold onto the rim to prevent injury. Which was not the case for LeBron.

What?! I would love to sees the reasoning or lack of reason why Manning did not get award. Maybe if I watched basketball I would have a clue. Basketball is the only sport where a physical attribute guarantees you a score. That is height, if you are tall enough you simply hold the ball and drop it in the bucket. Absurd! 

It's really obvious from the bolded that you don't watch basketball.

The Decision was a huge mistake, but that happened in 2010. I think people need to let that go. All it did was raise a couple million dollars for charity too. If that's the worst thing that LeBron's ever done, then we're watching a special kind of player.

I agree but it will haunt him like I said. That and his pep rally when he said he was going to win not one, not two, not three .... not six rings. He can be a bit pompous but I like him overall. I think he has matured a lot the last two seasons. Who knew winning would humble him.

You have degenerated this topic to basketball. The award is for athlete.  So getting back to my original post Manning's athletic accomplishments this year far outweigh anyone else as you must factor in what he was up against coming in to his season along with his statistics ahich are not yet finished with tomorrow being the last game. James should wipe the award clean and mail it to Manning.  

I agree but it will haunt him like I said. That and his pep rally when he said he was going to win not one, not two, not three .... not six rings. He can be a bit pompous but I like him overall. I think he has matured a lot the last two seasons. Who knew winning would humble him.

Reminds me of a pep rally in Boston and Brady guaranteeing. Oh well.

Also reminds me of that sarcastic

Laugh during media session before SB against Giants.

And he doesn't back it up?.

I will take D wade in prime over LBJ any day.

He is nicknamed Flash for a reason. No D Wade, no ring for LBJ.

D Wade won a ring before LBJ went to Miami.

I think Wade is really injury prone and he's a whiner.  I recall him yelling at Spoelstra and acting like a child during their series with Indiana last year.  To me, that's the sign of a guy with poor character.  I would rather take LeBron's leadership than Wade's prima donna attitude

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 29, 2013 - masked profanity
Hidden by Nadine, December 29, 2013 - masked profanity

So, they win.

They are not in a personality contest. They are paid to bring home championship and they do.

Haters.

Don't change the fact they are all little girls who cry to the ref when someone breathes heavy on them

And THEY don't back up crap the refs do it for them Stern gave them their rings they are cocky and arrogant but back it up playin the game not whining like a b*tch

Don't change the fact they are all little girls who cry to the ref when someone breathes heavy on them

And THEY don't back up crap the refs do it for them Stern gave them their rings they are cocky and arrogant but back it up playin the game not whining like a b*tch

Stern gave them rings hmmm ok

I think Wade is really injury prone and he's a whiner.  I recall him yelling at Spoelstra and acting like a child during their series with Indiana last year.  To me, that's the sign of a guy with poor character.  I would rather take LeBron's leadership than Wade's prima donna attitude

I am surprised with this.

D wade won it in 2006, all by his magic.

Even last year, game 7, D Wade stepped up.

Why couldnt LBJ not win in Cleveland?.

I can't stand the heat....... And I mean that in more ways than one.. The Basketball team, I won't even watch them......

And also the heat that comes around here  and humidity in New Orleans... And the heat of every day life....

I guess you could say I hate the heat.... PERIOD Huhhhhh.............

You just described every single elite QB in the NFL lol.

King..

LeBron was the virtually undisputed MVP and Playoff MVP of a repeat world title team..

....the argument should being with Jimmy Johnson being 3rd

Sure it was D Wade who stepped up that is why last year he said the Heat was officially Lebron's team and not his.

I dont go by talk, i go by action. He is a leader, of course he supports his team maters.  Did you see game 7 against Spurs or Pacers?.

How is Celtics doing, by the way?.

I dont go by talk, i go by action. He is a leader, of course he supports his team maters.  Did you see game 7 against Spurs or Pacers?.

Where was he the games before game 7? It must be nice to take off game after game and let Lebron carry the team. No wonder he is hurt now with a groin.

I dont go by talk, i go by action. He is a leader, of course he supports his team maters. Did you see game 7 against Spurs or Pacers?.

Quite well actually. Winning games when no one thought they would or should.