Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Dwayne Allen be a top 3 Tight End?

BlueCollarColts

Wow. Just, just..... Wow. I can truly say that when it come to football, now I've heard it all.

Wow......

If I could make a recommendation, i would suggest looking for an online tutorial on blocking so you know what to look for when you watch the games.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamLoloJones
Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 27, 2013 - trolling
Hidden by Nadine, December 27, 2013 - trolling

I think this is the most incredible and remarkable exchange I've ever had concerning football.

You should actually go watch some film instead of trying to discredit everything we are telling you.

You should actually go watch some film instead of trying to discredit everything we are telling you.

All you are telling me is "he's the best". Now, we all know that isn't true. I just find it incredible that anyone could come to that conclusion on a player who was simply a promising rookie and has played in only one game his second year. At this point, it's impossible for him to be the best blocking tight end in the NFL. Absolutely impossible.

I'm wondering how anyone could even consider holding that opinion. It's puzzling.

Now, watching film is not the same as watching a game. Watching film is an acquired skill that you probably haven't learned.

Guest TeamLoloJones

All you are telling me is "he's the best". Now, we all know that isn't true. I just find it incredible that anyone could come to that conclusion on a player who was simply a promising rookie and has played in only one game his second year. At this point, it's impossible for him to be the best blocking tight end in the NFL. Absolutely impossible.

I'm wondering how anyone could even consider holding that opinion. It's puzzling.

Now, watching film is not the same as watching a game. Watching film is an acquired skill that you probably haven't learned.

I played football in college.  I've watched plenty of game film.  Being a RB,  I also know what I'm looking at when evaluating the blocking prowess of a TE.  Both in run game and pass protection.

The reasons Allen is the best blocking TE in the NFL, is because he almost never missed an assignment, and very often blew up his man at the point of attack.  He was nearly flawless in his pass protection, and not far behind in his run blocking.  There were only one or two TEs in the NFL last year that were even in Allen's area code when it came to blocking.  And being as how Allen was a rookie, and has room for improvement, calling him the best blocking TE in the NFL is not a stretch by any means.

I played football in college.  I've watched plenty of game film.  Being a RB,  I also know what I'm looking at when evaluating the blocking prowess of a TE.  Both in run game and pass protection.

I am a fighter pilot and have flown missions all over the world.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I am a fighter pilot and have flown missions all over the world.

Good for you...but how is that relevant to this discussion?

Guest TeamLoloJones

Please tell me how a guy develops into the best in the NFL without playing? I'm just curious how that works. I guess you can't miss an assignment if you have no assignment to miss.

We are evaluating him based on his rookie year.  Is it that hard to understand?

We are evaluating him based on his rookie year.  Is it that hard to understand?

And even then he wasn't close to being the best blocking tight end in the NFL. Promising and showing potential? Absolutely. But the best at anything? Sorry Charlie.

If I could make a recommendation, i would suggest looking for an online tutorial on blocking so you know what to look for when you watch the games.

Dustin, he's clearly just a still butt hurt manning fan, so don't get too worked up over him.

Not one person outside of this forum who follows the NFL would say Allen is anywhere close to being he best blocking tight end in the NFL. No one. Well, maybe his mother or some other family member, but no one with no connection to him.

Guest TeamLoloJones

And even then he wasn't close to being the best blocking tight end in the NFL. Promising and showing potential? Absolutely. But the best at anything? Sorry Charlie.

No.  That's what you are not getting.  It's not promise and potential.  Its PRODUCTION.  He WAS the best blocking TE in his rookie year.  It's apparent that you just don't have enough exposure to Allen to understand what we are saying.  If you are not going to go back and actually look at the tape, then stop arguing.  Dustin and I have watched it.  We are telling you it's true.  Until you go back and watch for yourself, your opinion holds little to no water.

Not one person outside of this forum who follows the NFL would say Allen is anywhere close to being he best blocking tight end in the NFL. No one. Well, maybe his mother or some other family member, but no one with no connection to him.

PFF does. So does anyone who's watched him.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I'm sorry fellas. It just isn't so.

Great analysis.

No.  That's what you are not getting.  It's not promise and potential.  Its PRODUCTION.  He WAS the best blocking TE in his rookie year.  It's apparent that you just don't have enough exposure to Allen to understand what we are saying.  If you are not going to go back and actually look at the tape, then stop arguing.  Dustin and I have watched it.  We are telling you it's true.  Until you go back and watch for yourself, your opinion holds little to no water.

I guess it's possible that he was the best rookie blocker. But he certainly isn't the best when stacked up against guys like Vernon Dais and the other elite tight ends.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I guess it's possible that he was the best rookie blocker. But he certainly isn't the best when stacked up against guys like Vernon Dais and the other elite tight ends.

Do you have anything to support that?

Great analysis.

Here's your version of analysis... ........He's the best based on his production. No one is better. Not one. He's a better blocker than any tight end in the NFL. Better than anyone else. Because I say so.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Here's your version of analysis... ........He's the best based on his production. No one is better. Not one. He's a better blocker than any tight end in the NFL. Better than anyone else. Because I say so.

Because the film says so...what do you have as evidence?

And your analysis is......... No he's not.

In 422 pass blocks, Allen allowed 4 hurries and 1 sack. Highest PBE among starting TEs in the NFL.

Where did you come up with that bogus stat? 422 pass blocks? How many plays did he participate in during his short tenure?

Guest TeamLoloJones

He sounds like skip bayless.

Yeah...this is getting pretty ridiculous...MODS anyone?

Guest TeamLoloJones

Show one objective analysis by someone who has any expertise which agrees with you.

PFF for starters.

So now you are calling for a moderator to bail you out on this one?

Show where one expert in the profession agrees with you. All I'm asking for is just one honest analysis by a recognized authority.

Someone else said that but provided no evidence. Besides, PFF is just a fantasy geek thing.

No one on this planet gives them the time of day.

Have you had any time to look up those tutorials I recommended? 

I'm from Missouri......... Show me!

Instead of getting in a back and forth of yes he is...no he is not.......you could show your proof that he is not, Makes sense to me

Guest TeamLoloJones

Yes. It is.

This is the equivalent of someone saying a player on a practice squad is the best at something somewhere

Ummm...what?