Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gosder Cherilus playoffs

Rebelknight

This is true and I think other free agents will recognize our organization and want to be a part of the bright future we have here. Also I just want to say that gos has played his butt off this year and has been one of our most consistent lineman whether it be pass or run blocking. He has been tremendous in my eyes and while he may not ever live up to his contract, he is for sure one of the better right tackles in the game and deserves recognition for helping keep andrew clean since rarely does pressure come from his side

Correct me if I am wrong but the upcoming playoffs are his second time in his career. You know he has to be glad he isnt on the Lions anymore..makes for a great spoksman when we are bringing in free agents next year..he can describe the feeling of being in a winning organization.

It's a few player's here who've never been to the playoffs

DHB

Bjoern Werner

Trent Richardson

Da'Rick Rogers

I think Laron Landry went with the Skins

So it's definitely some guys here who would like to know what the postseason feels like

Guest TeamLoloJones

It's a few player's here who've never been to the playoffs

DHB

Bjoern Werner

Trent Richardson

Da'Rick Rogers

I think Laron Landry went with the Skins

So it's definitely some guys here who would like to know what the postseason feels like

Do you really have to mention the rookies that have never been to the playoffs?  I think that kind of goes without saying...

We have an incredibly young team, so most guys have only made it to the playoffs for one game.  Surprisingly, Castonzo is included on that list as he was drafted in 2011, which was the season Peyton was hurt (I thought he'd been on the team longer).  So guys with 1 or 0 playoff experience on the roster include Castonzo, Luck, T-Rich, DHB, Hilton, Vontae, Toler (I think), Fleener (I think, not sure if he was injured for our Ravens game or not), Brazill, Satele, Freeman, and I could go on and on.

But don't worry.  They'll have 4 playoff wins under their belt after this year

Schwartz is 100% gone, I don't see how they justify keeping him when he has a roster full of talent, both the Packers and Bears had significant injuries but the Lions managed to beat themselves enough that they STILL miss the playoffs. Not only that, they lost the playoff spot by losing to the hapless Giants!!

As far as Stafford, he is a good QB and he throws a ton of passes, but they may have overpaid. Then again I'm usually critical of huge QB contracts when a player like Brady is willing to earn so far below his potential so that he can play on a winning team...

He's been much better than i previously projected him to be. But i still don't really want him. I favor sliding AC over to his natural position of RT and bringing in a real LT. But that's just me.

Why would RT be his natural position? He has been a career LT in college and the pro's. AC is an above average LT that's not going to damage the Colts salary cap nor Luck. Sure a Joe Thomas or Ryan Clady would be nice but the price for a marginal upgrade isn't worth it in my opinion.

Why would RT be his natural position? He has been a career LT in college and the pro's. AC is an above average LT that's not going to damage the Colts salary cap nor Luck. Sure a Joe Thomas or Ryan Clady would be nice but the price for a marginal upgrade isn't worth it in my opinion.

What about jared veldheer? I would take him over AC. I think AC could be an elite RT, but just isn't suited for the left.

Funny, just like his 1st two seasons when he was one of the worst LT pass blockers in the league. (last season bottom 5?- he was 3rd in sacks allowed with piles of hurries and hits) 

And again this year, in 5 step drops or longer he has been abused regularly.

This season, Andrew again leads the league in hits by a wide margin. Have not seen his #`s just the play.

PEPS short passing game ONLY, has made him look anywhere near average as a LT.this season

If you actually watched him close in yr 1 & 2, I think you would agree, we ran the ball pretty well his way when we couldn`t run worth a darn anywhere else. This season for some reason, we have not been able to do that. I`m perplexed myself

He Might have been nearer to OR a top ten run blocker yr 1 & 2. IMO

No reason to believe he will develope the quickness to react to the elite rushers. So unlikely..

One would hope he would be Average or better at RT No guarantee there. jmo