Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your perfect offseason. (F.A. and Draft)

Guest TeamLoloJones

Shall we compare stats?

Byrd   45 tackles   1 sack  4 INTs    respectable

Bethea  109 tackles   1 sack  1  INT   yeah, you're right dump him

Do you watch games or do you just like stats?

Shall we compare stats?

Byrd:

22 passes thrown into his coverage for 11 reception (50 completion%) for 83 yards (7.5 YPC), 1 TD and 4 INTs for a passer rating of 35. 4 missed tackles.

Bethea:

33 pass thrown into his coverage for 21 receptions (63 completion%) for 310 yards (14.8 YPC), 3 TDs, 1 INT for a passer rating of 112. 7 missed tackles.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Kenny Vaccaro has yet to be declared as "good" in the NFL to me. The talent there, but New Orleans has been up & down all season and Kenny is hurt now

If you watched any of Vaccaro play this season, I think it's safe to say he is good.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Byrd:

22 passes thrown into his coverage for 11 reception (50 completion%) for 83 yards (7.5 YPC), 1 TD and 4 INTs for a passer rating of 35. 4 missed tackles.

Bethea:

33 pass thrown into his coverage for 21 receptions (63 completion%) for 310 yards (14.8 YPC), 3 TDs, 1 INT for a passer rating of 112. 7 missed tackles.

How bout them apples?

Shall we compare stats?

you do realize higher tackles from a safety can mean his man is catching the ball more right?  Landry is our run stopper and our other safety needs to be our playmaker in coverage.  I am not sure bethea fits this role so much...

Guest TeamLoloJones

Man I'm looking at the FA safety class and there aren't really mid-tier safeties available. It's either really good guys, or really bad guys. Not really any in-between lol.

I'd put Bethea in the mid-tier level.

I mean I understand you have bills and all. But a $60 million contract for a bad team? I'd take a $5million to play for the Colts. At least we'll win. The fact that you're making millions you're already making more than pretty much 80% of americans

haha what?

No you wouldnt

I really don't have a problem with Bethea and Landry next season. I would rather sign another good cb instead. I really don't think Toler is the answer and we are over paying him as it is.

I also believe Howell will be a pretty good safety in this league.

I really like Byrd but not for the money especially with the OL problems we have.

The Browns will have to make a decision on who to franchise Ward or Mack. This is a new Browns regime i know they have cap space but a month ago they were offering their best player Gordon for a 2nd round pick. Joe Thomas has said he would welcome a trade and o-linemen are the closest group of players, he can't be the only one on the Browns o-line to feel that way.  Mack has to be tired of losing if we can make a similar offer we have a chance to get him. Vasquez from the Broncos had offers and i heard he chose the Broncos mainly because of his friend Manny Ramirez and to play with a great QB like Peyton.

Resign: Davis, Mcafee, Vinateri, Reitz

FA:

Mack

Arthur Jones

Draft

2. Yawin Smallwood ILB

3. E.J Gaines CB

5. Kenny Ladler FS

I mean I understand you have bills and all. But a $60 million contract for a bad team? I'd take a $5million to play for the Colts. At least we'll win. The fact that you're making millions you're already making more than pretty much 80% of americans

Actually, if you're making millions, you're making more money than about 95% of Americans...   maybe even a little higher...

The more I think about it I don't see us getting Byrd. Like someone else already said I think Howell can be a very good player. I do think we need to go all in for Mack. If not Dietric Smith or De La Puente would be alright. (Anyone but Satele) ILB should be priority number 2 and there are several good options. Spikes, Butler, Smith, Dansby, etc. Wouldn't be surprised if Grigs brings in someone like Jordan from KC though.

FA Sign

Brian De La Puente

Linval Joseph

Willie Colone

Bethea-cheaper contract

Alan Branch

Vontae Davis

Alterraun Verner

Draft

2.Denzel Perryman-ILB Miami

3.Jeremiah Attaochu-OLB Georgia Tech

5.Mason Walter-Guard Texas

7.Jeff Janis-WR Saginaw Valley

FA Sign

Brian De La Puente

Linval Joseph

Willie Colone

Bethea-cheaper contract

Alan Branch

Vontae Davis

Alterraun Verner

Draft

2.Denzel Perryman-ILB Miami

3.Jeremiah Attaochu-OLB Georgia Tech

5.Mason Walter-Guard Texas

7.Jeff Janis-WR Saginaw Valley

branch just got an extension

Cut Satelle, Toler

Resign Brown, Reitz, McAfee, Moala

Sign OC Alex Mack, OLB Brian Orakpo, CB Tracy Porter,

Draft

2- WR Allen Robinson or Jarvis Landry

3- NT Daquan Jones

4(via trade)- DE Anthony Johnson

5- FS Kenny Ladler

Great list with the exception of two things. 1) I think Vontae needs to be resigned. He's had two toilet bowl games, while the rest have been great. He is the cornerstone to the secondary. 2) As much as I like Porter, he can't stay healthy any more than Toler. I look for the Colts to draft another corner and stay away from them in FA. I will say, I wish the Colts had went after Brent Grimes as opposed to Toler. Grimes has quietly had a decent season and was cheaper.

Cut Satelle, Toler

Resign Brown, Reitz, McAfee, Moala

Sign OC Alex Mack, OLB Brian Orakpo, CB Tracy Porter,

Draft

2- WR Allen Robinson or Jarvis Landry

3- NT Daquan Jones

4(via trade)- DE Anthony Johnson

5- FS Kenny Ladler

Not sure what in your mind the trade would be to get a 4 this year without giving up our 5....

But from my experience, to get a 4 next year without giving up a pick this year,  we'd have to give up next year's 3.

Under no circumstances do I want to swap a 2015 three for a 2014 four.    No way.

At this point, the only trade I'm willing to consider (and I want to do it)  is to trade up in the 5th round.   I'd trade our 2015 fifth round pick along with our 2014 fifth round pick, and that should move us up about 15-20 spots toward the top of the round.    I think there will be a quality player at the top of the 5th round....   perhaps an ILB....   think that would be a good spot to take one.

But a 3rd round pick means a top-100 player.   That's a premium pick for a 4th round pick?    

No!  Thank!   You!

Just sayin.....

Sign.

Alex Mack, C, 6-4, 311, CLE.

Brandon Spikes, ILB, 6-2, 255, NE.

Alterraun Verner, CB, 5-10, 187, TEN.

Draft.

2. DaQuan Jones, DE, 6-3, 318, Penn State.

3. Kenny Ladler, FS, 6-0, 205, Vanderbilt.

5. Justin Britt, OT, 6-6, 315, Missouri.

6. Trey Millard, FB, 6-2, 253, Oklahoma.

7. Bene Benwikere, CB, 5-11, 192, San Jose State.

Resign.

A. Bradshaw, S. Brown, V. Davis, K. Conner, J. Gordy, C. Johnson, P. McAfee, F. Moala, J. Reitz, A. Studebaker, C. Vaughn, A. Vinatieri.

C - Evan Dietrich-Smith

RG - Jon Asamoah

DL - Lamarr Houston or Henry Melton (he was hurt this year so maybe he'll be somewhat cheaper)

MLB - Karlos Dansby

CB - Sam Shields

FS - Jairus Byrd

Re-Sign: Vontae Davis, Donald Brown, Ahmad Bradshaw, Joe Reitz, Patty Mac, Kavell Conner, maybe Mike McGlynn as a backup Center/emergency Guard.

Cut Satele and Toler. I like Toler but he's not worth his contract especially as injury prone as he is.

Draft (Mind you I'm not a big College Football guy, so feel free to laugh if I say something stupid)

2 - Kelvin Benjamin - WR - Florida St

3 - Tre Boston - CB/S - North Carolina

5 - Jake Ryan - MLB - Michigan....not sure exactly what his situation is for next year, but from what I've read he seems like the kind of guy you'd want on your team.

That's about all I feel like doing right now.

C - Evan Dietrich-Smith

RG - Jon Asamoah

DL - Lamarr Houston or Henry Melton (he was hurt this year so maybe he'll be somewhat cheaper)

MLB - Karlos Dansby

CB - Sam Shields

FS - Jairus Byrd

Re-Sign: Vontae Davis, Donald Brown, Ahmad Bradshaw, Joe Reitz, Patty Mac, Kavell Conner, maybe Mike McGlynn as a backup Center/emergency Guard.

Cut Satele and Toler. I like Toler but he's not worth his contract especially as injury prone as he is.

Draft (Mind you I'm not a big College Football guy, so feel free to laugh if I say something stupid)

2 - Kelvin Benjamin - WR - Florida St

3 - Tre Boston - CB/S - North Carolina

5 - Jake Ryan - MLB - Michigan....not sure exactly what his situation is for next year, but from what I've read he seems like the kind of guy you'd want on your team.

That's about all I feel like doing right now.

Wish we had as much cap as it would take to sign all those guys

Let's see, I want 

1. A Jerrell Freeman clone

2.  One Darius Butler clone

3. Can I get a D. Rogers clone with G Whalen as a side order?

4. And from the specials menu I would like 2 Sergio Brown clones!

5. While I'm at it can you give me that trio order on defense (3 McNary clones) as I have a feeling I'm going to have to throw out quite a few of those old linebackers they seem to have gone bad and the last time they made me sick.

I'll get back to you if I have room for desert.

Then that means he wants money, not wins. I never understood players who do that. Why would you pick money over winning? Stupid imo.

Like Greg Jennings, who would want Christian Ponder throwing to them?!

Yep. It's obvious he just wants money. He said he would stay in Buffalo if they made him the highest paid safety.

We won't either.. and what does the raiders gm being from Green Bay has to do with making his team better with 70 million dollars to spend?

I hope we don't. Green Bay's culture isn't to make big splash free agent signings, although the last time they did was for a safety. That doesn't mean McKenzie won't differ from what GB did, but I figure he was influenced during his stay there.

Resign:Vontae Davis

McAfee

Vinateri

Sergio Brown

Donald Brown or Bradshaw (whoevers cheaper)

Reitz

Bethea (if he comes cheap)

Cuts/trades: Toler,Satele, Sheppard

FA: Alex Mack

Jon Asamoah

Arthur Jones

Jairus Byrd or TJ Ward (if we don't sign Bethea and again whoevers cheaper)

Draft: Allen Robinson or Cody Hoffman ( 5th rounder if Robinson is taken)

Shayne Skov ( 2nd if Robinson is taken, 3rd if Robinson isn't)

(Unlikely but maybe if in 5th round perhaps) Bradley Roby

Sean Parker

(Beating a dead horse comment coming up but its my ideal offseason)-trade for Jimmy Smith