Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your perfect offseason. (F.A. and Draft)

Thought this would be interesting. What would your ideal offseason be? Free Agency and the draft. Realistic as possible. Mine would be....

Bring back Vontae, Adam V, Boomstick, Brown, and then Reitz and Mcglynn (for depth) Then sign....

Brandon Spikes

Arthur Jones (love this guy)

Jairus Byrd

Alex Mack

Then I would love to somehow get Roby in the second. Not sure about the 3rd on yet. I would really like to see us make a run at Orakpo, but I think Grigs will stick with Walden and Werner (Whose getting better by the way) Or dump Toler and get Shields, but I don't see that happening either. Its not looking like we need a wide out. I'm really excited about Rogers, and Whalen.

FA: Re-Sign the ones who matter. Cut Samson Satele

Draft: Draft every Alabama player (except McCarron) especially their offensive linemen

How many players that have come out of Alabama in the last 8 years have actually been good?Eddie Lacy and Evan Mathis? 

How many players that have come out of Alabama in the last 8 years have actually been good?Eddie Lacy and Evan Mathis?

Eddie Lacy

Trent Richardson (Rookie year not so much here in Indy since he's new lol)

Chance Warmack isn't too bad

The tackle in San Diego is good

Hightower is solid

But I'd take CJ Mosley in this draft. He's gonna be nice. And any Alabama interior linemen is better than every interior lineman we have here

Eddie Lacy

Hightower is solid

But I'd take CJ Mosley in this draft. He's gonna be nice. And any Alabama interior linemen is better than every interior lineman we have here

There is nothing special about the defensive linemen for Alabama. Not one of the could hold an old Cory Redding's jock.

Eddie Lacy

Hightower is solid

I'd take Mosley, but he's still being overrated imo.

Can't tell if serious...

I mean I understand you have bills and all. But a $60 million contract for a bad team? I'd take a $5million to play for the Colts. At least we'll win. The fact that you're making millions you're already making more than pretty much 80% of americans

Thought this would be interesting. What would your ideal offseason be? Free Agency and the draft. Realistic as possible. Mine would be....

Bring back Vontae, Adam V, Boomstick, Brown, and then Reitz and Mcglynn (for depth) Then sign....

Brandon Spikes

Jairus Byrd

Alex Mack

Then I would love to somehow get Roby in the second. Not sure about the 3rd on yet. I would really like to see us make a run at Orakpo, but I think Grigs will stick with Walden and Werner (Whose getting better by the way) Or dump Toler and get Shields, but I don't see that happening either. Its not looking like we need a wide out. I'm really excited about Rogers, and Whalen.

Walden has $4M guaranteed for 2014. Would someone trade for him at that $$?

About half our Cap Space comes from all the lower tier backups and special teamers who have to be resigned or replaced.

We resign some of our better FA`s and it is iffy for us to sign much in the Top Tier Range. Always interesting and a favorite time of the football year, when you have Cap room!!!

Brandon Spikes

Jairus Byrd

Alex Mack

So, let me get this straight. You are willing to let Bethea go for a player that will cost us A LOT more money and is only a couple of years younger. Is Antoine not playing good enough? Because you're watching a different player than I am. He is playing at a Pro Bowl level right now and you're willing to let him walk. Don't think so. Use some of that money to upgrade the D-line and O-line. Redding is getting up there in years (we need inside pass rush) and Franklin is gone. Arthur Jones (good idea) or Ziggy Hood would be good additions. I just don't think safety is a priority.

I mean I understand you have bills and all. But a $60 million contract for a bad team? I'd take a $5million to play for the Colts. At least we'll win. The fact that you're making millions you're already making more than pretty much 80% of americans

No you wouldn't. I would take less in the NBA or Baseball, but not on the 2nd contract in the NFL.

So, let me get this straight. You are willing to let Bethea go for a player that will cost us A LOT more money and is only a couple of years younger. Is Antoine not playing good enough? Because you're watching a different player than I am. He is playing at a Pro Bowl level right now and you're willing to let him walk. Don't think so. Use some of that money to upgrade the D-line and O-line. Redding is getting up there in years (we need inside pass rush) and Franklin is gone. Arthur Jones (good idea) or Ziggy Hood would be good additions. I just don't think safety is a priority.

lolno. Bethea is getting picked on a lot and missing a bunch of tackles. 

Alabama Players on NFL Rosters at beginning of 2013

Javier Arenas, DB, Arizona Cardinals

Mark Barron, S, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

James Carpenter, G, Seattle Seahawks

Josh Chapman, NT, Indianapolis Colts

Terrence Cody, NT, Baltimore Ravens

Marcell Dareus, DT, Buffalo Bills

Brandon Deaderick, DE, Jacksonville Jaguars

Quinton Dial (IR), DE, San Francisco 49ers

D.J. Fluker, OT, San Diego Chargers

Wallace Gilberry, DE, Cincinnati Bengals

Roman Harper, S, New Orleans Saints

Dont'a Hightower, LB, New England Patriots

Mark Ingram, RB, New Orleans Saints

Kareem Jackson, DB, Houston Texans

Jarret Johnson, LB, San Diego Chargers

Rashad Johnson, S, Arizona Cardinals

Mike Johnson, OG, Atlanta Falcons

Nico Johnson, LB, Kansas City Chiefs

Julio Jones, WR, Atlanta Falcons

Barrett Jones, G, St. Louis Rams

Dre Kirkpatrick, DB, Cincinnati Bengals

Eddie Lacy, RB, Green Bay Packers

Robert Lester (PS), S, Carolina Panthers

Evan Mathis, OG, Philadelphia Eagles

Le'Ron McClain, RB, San Diego Chargers

Dee Milliner, CB, New York Jets

Trent Richardson, RB, Cleveland Browns

DeMeco Ryans, LB, Philadelphia Eagles

Andre Smith, OT, Cincinnati Bengals

Damion Square, DE, Philadelphia Eagles

Carson Tinker, LS, Jacksonville Jaguars

Courtney Upshaw, LB, Baltimore Ravens

Chance Warmack, G, Tennessee Titans

Michael Williams (IR), TE, Detroit Lions

Jesse Williams (IR), DT, Seattle Seahawks

Alabama Players on NFL Rosters at beginning of 2013

Javier Arenas, DB, Arizona Cardinals

Mark Barron, S, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

James Carpenter, G, Seattle Seahawks

Josh Chapman, NT, Indianapolis Colts

Terrence Cody, NT, Baltimore Ravens

Marcell Dareus, DT, Buffalo Bills

Brandon Deaderick, DE, Jacksonville Jaguars

Quinton Dial (IR), DE, San Francisco 49ers

D.J. Fluker, OT, San Diego Chargers

Wallace Gilberry, DE, Cincinnati Bengals

Roman Harper, S, New Orleans Saints

Dont'a Hightower, LB, New England Patriots

Mark Ingram, RB, New Orleans Saints

Kareem Jackson, DB, Houston Texans

Jarret Johnson, LB, San Diego Chargers

Rashad Johnson, S, Arizona Cardinals

Mike Johnson, OG, Atlanta Falcons

Nico Johnson, LB, Kansas City Chiefs

Julio Jones, WR, Atlanta Falcons

Barrett Jones, G, St. Louis Rams

Dre Kirkpatrick, DB, Cincinnati Bengals

Eddie Lacy, RB, Green Bay Packers

Robert Lester (PS), S, Carolina Panthers

Evan Mathis, OG, Philadelphia Eagles

Le'Ron McClain, RB, San Diego Chargers

Dee Milliner, CB, New York Jets

Trent Richardson, RB, Cleveland Browns

DeMeco Ryans, LB, Philadelphia Eagles

Andre Smith, OT, Cincinnati Bengals

Damion Square, DE, Philadelphia Eagles

Carson Tinker, LS, Jacksonville Jaguars

Courtney Upshaw, LB, Baltimore Ravens

Chance Warmack, G, Tennessee Titans

Michael Williams (IR), TE, Detroit Lions

Jesse Williams (IR), DT, Seattle Seahawks

There's like 4 players on that list who are good and not backups.

Mack(although browns wont let him walk),Byrd b nice but we will get outbid,Edlemann cuz we need a sure handed wr to go with reggie or in case reggie????,possibly let both kickers go to save money to put toward player/players that play everydown other than kicking only(get younger n cheaper at the position), somehow find reggies replacement cuz its clear ty cant handle it(too small).

Guest TeamLoloJones

Byrd is a better player than Antoine has ever been.  And Bethea is not playing at a pro bowl level right now, if that were the case, then I might make the pro bowl.

Antoine Bethea is NOT playing at a Pro Bowl level. Don't let those 2-3 big hits on Sunday fool you. That was his best game in awhile. Arguably his best all season. I think we should definitely look for his replacement. Maybe Ha-Ha Clinton Dix or..... what other safeties are coming out this year?

Any Florida state safeties? Their defense is pretty solid imo

There's like 4 players on that list who are good and not backups.

Its the whole list....impressive by itself.  Not really meaning to argue with you, and not an Alabama fan.  Law of large numbers is in play here - lot of really good players, and a lot of so so players.

Antoine Bethea is NOT playing at a Pro Bowl level. Don't let those 2-3 big hits on Sunday fool you. That was his best game in awhile. Arguably his best all season. I think we should definitely look for his replacement. Maybe Ha-Ha Clinton Dix or..... what other safeties are coming out this year?

Any Florida state safeties? Their defense is pretty solid imo

Terrence Brooks. And he might be available at were we are. He has awful hands tho. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Also, draft from Texas. I mean, they only made the BEST safety in the NFL today ;)

They made two of them.  Earl Thomas and Kenny Vaccaro

Guest TeamLoloJones

Resign Vontae patty Mac AV if he don't wanna retire

Sign

Byrd

Mack/De La Puente

Asamoah <------- Who is that?

Verner

Draft

Smallwood/Bullough

BPA for depth the rest

Guard for the Chiefs

Guest TeamLoloJones

Wat do you think about Kurtis Drummond?

From MSU

2nd best safety on his own team.  Isaiah Lewis is the one you would want to look at.

Byrd is a better player than Antoine has ever been.  And Bethea is not playing at a pro bowl level right now, if that were the case, then I might make the pro bowl.

Shall we compare stats?

Byrd   45 tackles   1 sack  4 INTs    respectable

Bethea  109 tackles   1 sack  1  INT   yeah, you're right dump him