Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats/Colts shaping up for AFCCG

And it wouldn't surprise me if they make there first home loss, and New England can easily drop to the 4th seed.

I'm not saying they will. I just wouldn't be shocked as opposed to years prior.

Like I said, nothing would shock me this season. Pats margin for error is nil but when they play well they are tough to beat. Especially at home.

And it wouldn't surprise me if they make there first home loss, and New England can easily drop to the 4th seed.

I'm not saying they will. I just wouldn't be shocked as opposed to years prior.

If there is a team that will take its first home loss, it could be the Saints with that turnstile left tackle.

I couldn't believe Sean Payton would subject the Saints to a rookie LT this late in the season, one who has not played a single down, and he ends up primarily being responsible for most of the 6 sacks vs the Panthers.

Sean Payton is walking the fine line between brazen and "facepalm" with that move.

If there is a team that will take its first home loss, it could be the Saints with that turnstile left tackle.

I couldn't believe Sean Payton would subject the Saints to a rookie LT this late in the season, one who has not played a single down, and he ends up primarily being responsible for most of the 6 sacks vs the Panthers.

Sean Payton is walking the fine line between brazen and "facepalm" with that move.

What on earth was Payton thinking with the fake FG in a one point game?

The Bengals beat the Pats in the first half of the season when the Pats' offense was still having teething problems and they looked pretty bad offensively and weren't on the same page and the offensive line wasn't protecting Brady.  They lost the game as the Bengals were the better team in the first half of the season.  If that game were to be played today I would bet the Pats would win.

I think the Pats can beat any AFC team in NE this season.  Put the Colts outdoors in NE in bad weather and we'll see if they have what it takes.  Colts' are a warm weather team = 8 home games indoors, 1 away game in Jacksonville, 1 away game in Nashville, 1 away game in Houston.  Then they played the warm weather NFC West this season.  They did beat KC in KC but playing in KC isn't like playing in NE in January in the playoffs.  I don't have any confidence in Alex Smith.  He's in the Carson Palmer and Matt Cassell ranking for me personally.  I think KC is overrated and are being exposed just like Houston was towards the end of last season.

"If" the AFC title game is in Denver against the Pats I would bet the Pats would win if their two outside WR's are healthy and their two corners are healthy.

Be careful what you wish for........

Our offense has not been too bad in cold weather for the lack of experience they really do have. And our team tends to show up vs. playoff teams too.

And besides, history doesn't love to see QBs win the big one aged 35+. It's not impossible but not too many actually have done it either.

Be careful what you wish for........

Our offense has not been too bad in cold weather for the lack of experience they really do have. And our team tends to show up vs. playoff teams too.

And besides, history doesn't love to see QBs win the big one aged 35+. It's not impossible but not too many actually have done it either.

I like the Colts chances outdoors more than Denver. Luck is a rock. The elements will not phase him or his team that plays physical ball.

I like the Colts chances outdoors more than Denver. Luck is a rock. The elements will not phase him or his team that plays physical ball.

I think I like a litter of Persian kittens more then the Broncos in the cold/elements. (j/k guys......don't throw rocks)

I am not even saying we beat NE in NE. But, I do think we would "show up" and maybe give you guys a game with a shot to win? I can't see Luck melting down this season either right now.

A lot would depend on our D too and what mood they are in......

Winning in NE is really really difficult.

I think I like a litter of Persian kittens more then the Broncos in the cold/elements. (j/k guys......don't throw rocks)

I am not even saying we beat NE in NE. But, I do think we would "show up" and maybe give you guys a game with a shot to win? I can't see Luck melting down this season either right now.

A lot would depend on our D too and what mood they are in......

Winning in NE is really really difficult.

A crappy Denver team with an OLD QB almost won.

Not for refs, Browns would have won.

Colts with young and hot QB, easy win.

Saints aren't getting a hone game though.

The funny thing is I see the Ravens winning which give them the #6 spot. They'll play the #3, in Indy, then probably be back in Denver for the divisional round.

Then Cincy will beat the Chiefs, and play the Patriots.

And unless something terrible happens it'll be New England in Denver.

Peyton will struggle vs. either Indy OR NE in my honest opinion and we saw as much this season and in previous years vs. NE. However the one X factor is the fact that NE has had issues of their own in Denver in the past. The Colts for some reason have not had many major issues with the Broncos either in Indy or Denver. SD has been our kryptonite though.

Peyton struggles with teams who can get in his head. Most of Peyton's game to me is still mental......

Everyone else he can probably beat in the AFC though. SD might be a challenge though if somehow they snuck in and went to Denver.....

But they have in playoffs

I hear yah, but in 2009 we really were not that good at 10-6 . . . but we will have to wait and see, nice to see a good win over Ravens, but we have lost 4 close games, three of which Brady had the ball in his hands to win and was not able to do so . . . we will see if this is a foreshadow of our playoffs chances . .. .

I think we are stronger than 09, but have injuries and there are some tough teams that we will end of facing . . . interestingly, I am lest worried about the Bengals . . .

Ravens will probably beat them next week. They have yet to show they can beat a good team in a big game.

I like our chances against the Bengals a bit more if we have Greg Toler back for that game assuming it would happen.

Having him back on defense I think will allow us to do a bit more in our coverage and blitz schemes than we were able

to do without him being out there. The Bengals are talented but I felt we should have beaten them the first time around

if it wasn't for some defensive mistakes and some cheating by those referees.

The only defenses which can stop the Broncos consistently are in the NFC.  Denver is more than likely going to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.  I think whoever gets there from the NFC beats them.

Broncos were struggling to do anything against the Texans till almost mid way through the 4th quarter and it just spiraled out of control for the Texans right at the end.  That was against a bad team and NOT in a hostile environment as there were lots of empty seats so crowd noise wasn't a factor.  That was indoors in good climate.  Broncos already clinched a playoff spot and were in the playoffs so the Texans weren't playing for anything, they knew they couldn't have a chance to knock the Broncos out of the playoffs and play spoiler.

Playoffs for the Broncos is in Colorado outdoors in January obviously.  That often takes away from the passing game and have to rely on the ground game and your defense to make stops.  How's the Broncos' defense and how's their running game?

It wouldn't surprise me if the Pats lost against the Bills.  They lost against the Dolphins and Jets.  Hottest team in the AFC now could be the Chargers.  I actually fear the Chargers more than the Broncos now.  Chargers match up better against the Patriots I think.

Oh man, please don't get my hopes up....... :funny: Then the second seed dream thing with the Colts comes back again. :spit:

As for SD.......yeah they could be a dark horse if they got in. Would take a win over KC, A Miami loss to the Jets and Ravens losing to Cincy. Not impossible either but who knows anymore in the crazy AFC. :dunno:

Playoffs for the Broncos is in Colorado outdoors in January obviously.  That often takes away from the passing game and have to rely on the ground game and your defense to make stops.  How's the Broncos' defense and how's their running game?

Yep and their receivers are not tough. They drop balls.

The only defenses which can stop the Broncos consistently are in the NFC.  Denver is more than likely going to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.  I think whoever gets there from the NFC beats them.

The Chargers completely dominated the Broncos and the Pats D held them to 7 points in the second half and OT.

When Brady goes 14-26 for 176 yrds and Pats score 41-7, its Belichick style and thats what he wants.

The outcome of the Pats/Ravens game proved that the Pats can beat good defensive teams in cold weather on the road by using their own ground game and put up lots of points.  And the Pats defense can make stops.  So if the weather is bad and they can't throw it all over the field I think the Pats are set for the post season "IF" they don't get any injuries against Buffalo.

Broncos were struggling to do anything against the Texans till almost mid way through the 4th quarter and it just spiraled out of control for the Texans right at the end.

And that adds credence to my comment that the only defenses which can stop Denver consistently are in the NFC. Houston has a pretty solid defense, but still couldn't hold up the entire game. NFC defenses like Seattle, SF and Carolina will.

Patriots more than likely will be one and done. Too many weaknesses on both sides of the ball.

Pats smoked the Ravens in Baltimore as the Ravens are fighting for a playoff spot.  Broncos were doing nothing against the Texans who have nothing to play for till around 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter and they have many injuries just like the Pats do so it evens itself out.