Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats/Colts shaping up for AFCCG

amfootball

Well we play each other every year.......so why not in January? I can see it happening. I think our offenses will adjust and have been adjusting to the injuries.

Cincy is quite talented and especially at home but until they finally win a playoff game again (or two in a row at least) I do have my doubts.

Young #12 vs. elder HOF #12 would be exciting that's for sure.

They're a batter team at nearly every position. And have beaten both of us.

Well the refs screwed us a bit and Luck still put up some pretty darn good numbers overall in that game.

I would not mind a rematch......

The playoffs are different. Not saying we win but it's different........

Well I did have a dream in April we played NE in the playoffs. :) I remember it went into OT and I have no idea where the game was right now and the announcer said "One of the best playoff games we have ever witnessed."

God it kills me I have no idea who won even though I think we lost. It's like a missing puzzle piece. And I swear it was cold and windy but it was indoors. lmao

Well I did have a dream in April we played NE in the playoffs. :) I remember it went into OT and I have no idea where the game was right now and the announcer said "One of the best playoff games we have ever witnessed."

God it kills me I have no idea who won even though I think we lost. It's like a missing puzzle piece. And I swear it was cold and windy but it was indoors. lmao

Pats have to play the Colts every season. It is written in the heavens somewhere I am sure.

Based on today's games and the injury to Von Miller, I see Pats/Colts for AFCCG. Both teams played nasty football today on the road in hostile environments. What do others think?

Well considering that Von Miller was out the first 6 games of the year it may not hurt them any more than it did then. I wouldn't get the cart before the horse so to speak.  Colts could go one and done the same as any one else right now. On any given Sunday anything can happen. 

The Colts could also be with out Redding  after his injury today depending on how that turns out.

Pats have to play the Colts every season. It is written in the heavens somewhere I am sure.

Agree, it seems almost destined to happen. I hope it does, it's always fun. We may lose but if it was the AFCCG I would be pretty proud we made it that far.

Well considering that Von Miller was out the first 6 games of the year it may not hurt them any more than it did then. I wouldn't get the cart before the horse so to speak.  Colts could go one and done the same as any one else right now. On any given Sunday anything can happen. 

The Colts could also be with out Redding  after his injury today depending on how that turns out.

The defense is not good to begin with Susie. At least with Miller there was some pass rush. Without him, they will struggle to put pressure on any QB. He was as important to the D as Peyton is to the O.

Of course we have to see if we can avoid a typical Colts let down game vs. the Jags too. We have been know for that this season after a big win. Granted none of the let down losses seem to be against division rivals but the Jags have been sneaky in Indy before with us.

Bengals, if they lose vs the Ravens, could end up at #4 below us, right, if we win vs the Jags???

Yep.

And if we were 3 then we get Baltimore or Miami. If we are 4 it's KC no matter what.

In the playoff generator (unless I am wrong) we can't play anyone but Baltimore or Miami at 3 vs. 6, since teams like SD and even Pittsburgh need a Baltimore loss and a Cincy win along with a Miami loss to the Jets. Overall a Baltimore win really only helps the Ravens get in and the Colts move up but hurts the other hopefuls.

Winning in Cincy though for Baltimore won't be a piece of cake with the way Cincy is at home either. But, who knows.

I guess there is also that outside possibility of the Colts winning next weekend with the Bengals/Pats both losing but it seems like a dream. :) That would give us the second seed.

Are you suggesting, it translates a playoff victory.

They have not lost in regular season before and lost in playoffs.

We are going off hypos and percentages. I like a team at home with a week off (assuming they get the bye) to win especially if that team has not lost at home all season. Anything can happen but odds would favor a win.

We are going off hypos and percentages. I like a team at home with a week off (assuming they get the bye) to win especially if that team has not lost at home all season. Anything can happen but odds would favor a win.

Unfortunately off late, that percentage isn't working in Pats favor.

My comment was to your reply to FX. FX mentioned Pats might go one and done and you said they haven't lost at home to which i said it doesnt mean anything.

Unfortunately off late, that percentage isn't working in Pats favor.

My comment was to your reply to FX. FX mentioned Pats might go one and done and you said they haven't lost at home to which i said it doesnt mean anything.

Saying they will lose doesn't mean anything either. Percentages based on this season say they have a better chance of winning then losing. Having the bye also gives them a better chance as well. Anything can happen. This year in the AFC both the Broncs and Pats could lose in the divisional round and it would not surprise me.

Saying they will lose doesn't mean anything either. Percentages based on this season say they have a better chance of winning then losing. Having the bye also gives them a better chance as well. Anything can happen. This year in the AFC both the Broncs and Pats could lose in the divisional round and it would not surprise me.

Now you are more explicit. Before your comment to FX implied " they havent lost at home at all, so they will not lose in playoffs"

I think playing Denver in the AFCCCG is way more likely, considering I think we will get the #3 seed and have to go to NE for the Divisonal game. Even if we get the #4 seed I still think Bengals will be 1 and done.

Wilcard:

Colts vs Ravens

Bengals vs Chiefs

Divisional:

Pats vs Colts

Broncos vs Chiefs

AFCCCG

Broncos vs Colts

Superbowl:

Colts vs Seahawks

Now you are more explicit. Before your comment to FX implied " they havent lost at home at all, so they will not lose in playoffs"

Not what I said. I said the "Pats have not lost at home all season." I was implying that they are formidable at home and more likely to win at home in the playoffs then lose. Over the past two seasons they are 3-1 at home in the post-season including winning the AFC two seasons ago.

Not what I said. I said the "Pats have not lost at home all season." I was implying that they are formidable at home and more likely to win at home in the playoffs then lose. Over the past two seasons they are 3-1 at home in the post-season including winning the AFC two seasons ago.

Thats the point, you are implying Pats would win. There is no guarantee based on regular season.

I have made my point ( quite a few times ). Dont want to be in circle again. Moving on.

Thats the point, you are implying Pats would win. There is no guarantee based on regular season.

I have made my point ( quite a few times ). Dont want to be in circle again. Moving on.

Right. I am implying based on percentages and their recent playoff games at home the last two seasons. Not guaranteeing. Big difference.

Based on today's games and the injury to Von Miller, I see Pats/Colts for AFCCG. Both teams played nasty football today on the road in hostile environments. What do others think?

I just don't see that happening.  The only way it happens is if you lose next week and both Bengals nad Colts win.  Assuming that to be true, you'd have to beat KC and DEN, the toughest route to the AFCCG.  the most likely scenario, if we play the Pats, is the Divisional round, which will probably be in New England.  I think us getting the #2 seed and playing you in the divisional round is the least likely event (but it's one I hope for the most, lol). 

The Bengals beat the Pats in the first half of the season when the Pats' offense was still having teething problems and they looked pretty bad offensively and weren't on the same page and the offensive line wasn't protecting Brady.  They lost the game as the Bengals were the better team in the first half of the season.  If that game were to be played today I would bet the Pats would win.

I think the Pats can beat any AFC team in NE this season.  Put the Colts outdoors in NE in bad weather and we'll see if they have what it takes.  Colts' are a warm weather team = 8 home games indoors, 1 away game in Jacksonville, 1 away game in Nashville, 1 away game in Houston.  Then they played the warm weather NFC West this season.  They did beat KC in KC but playing in KC isn't like playing in NE in January in the playoffs.  I don't have any confidence in Alex Smith.  He's in the Carson Palmer and Matt Cassell ranking for me personally.  I think KC is overrated and are being exposed just like Houston was towards the end of last season.

"If" the AFC title game is in Denver against the Pats I would bet the Pats would win if their two outside WR's are healthy and their two corners are healthy.

The Bengals beat the Pats in the first half of the season when the Pats' offense was still having teething problems and they looked pretty bad offensively and weren't on the same page and the offensive line wasn't protecting Brady. They lost the game as the Bengals were the better team in the first half of the season. If that game were to be played today I would bet the Pats would win.

I think the Pats can beat any AFC team in NE this season. Put the Colts outdoors in NE in bad weather and we'll see if they have what it takes. Colts' are a warm weather team = 8 home games indoors, 1 away game in Jacksonville, 1 away game in Nashville, 1 away game in Houston. Then they played the warm weather NFC West this season.

"If" the AFC title game is in Denver against the Pats I would bet the Pats would win if their two outside WR's are healthy and their two corners are healthy.

We've just played 2 cold weather games in the past 3 weeks. Averaged 26.5 points against 2 of the top defenses in the NFL.

The Bengals, as the #3 seed, would be on the road for the divisional round, and it would absolutely shock me if they go into NE or Denver and win.

C'mon, they're the Bengals. I can see them winning big WC weekend but they will inevitably find a way to screw it up.

We've just played 2 cold weather games in the past 3 weeks. Averaged 26.5 points against 2 of the top defenses in the NFL.

I edited my post above.  I added in KC.

I think KC is the most overrated team in the NFL this year and are similar to the Houston Texans towards the end of last season.  They're being exposed and Alex Smith I don't think can take a team to the promise land and win.  Matt Schaub had a very good season last year too and a good defense.  KC the last few games has not been the same KC the first half of the season.

And playing KC in KC in December is not like playing NE in January in the playoffs.  Pats usually smoke teams in the divisional round at home.