Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton gets the TD record [Merge]

lance.acres

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole team needs to play. They already have a bye week. Hopefully Welker can get some plays in as well. I can see this team easily getting rusty from over two,weeks off.

I personally don't see them taking next week off but what do I know. haha     About as much as the other posters on here in my opinion.  :scratch:        I guess we will wait and see what happens.  :dunno: 

He probably won't play much next week, but if he does, that passing yards record is definitely breakable. 

Peyton has proven, that at 37 years old, is (maybe) the greatest QB of all time. Winning the SB would just confirm that last sentence.

He needs 265 yards.  There is NO way he does not play to get that record when it is so close.  They may have wrapped up the 1st seed, but dont do it denver...dont do it.  Dont do like the colts and sit him with something so historic so close at hand.  Plus he's my fantasy QB and i have noone else.  I NEED this.

He needs 265 yards.  There is NO way he does not play to get that record when it is so close.  They may have wrapped up the 1st seed, but dont do it denver...dont do it.  Dont do like the colts and sit him with something so historic so close at hand.  Plus he's my fantasy QB and i have noone else.  I NEED this.

I don't my fantasy championships were today.

I give credit to Mannings recievers to a degree but let me say this:

I get really tired of the notion that Manning has all these weapons and certain other QBs don't. Who were Demarius and Julius Thomas, Eric Decker and Moreno before Peyton got there? Welker is the only one who had any previous history of playing well. Manning MADE his weapons. They weren't get wrapped for him like people would like to believe.

I personally don't see them taking next week off but what do I know. haha     About as much as the other posters on here in my opinion.  :scratch:        I guess we will wait and see what happens.  :dunno:

Stryker is right..

NE will probably win and ..even if they don't... Manning's going to play anyway....should be sunny wand warm in Oakland..

Perfect conditions...weak foe

The first stringers will play until the game is decided...you cant sit 2 weeks

I give credit to Mannings recievers to a degree but let me say this:

I get really tired of the notion that Manning has all these weapons and certain other QBs don't. Who were Demarius and Julius Thomas, Eric Decker and Moreno before Peyton got there? Welker is the only one who had any previous history of playing well. Manning MADE his weapons. They weren't get wrapped for him like people would like to believe.

Remember how Decker was a joke....when Tebow was there....He was the example of receiving talent Denver didn't have?

Now, he's a 2-time, 1,000-yard guy..

He's not really fast or strong....He's just been working with Manning 

Manning DESERVES this record.    Brady and NE ran it up on EVERYONE the year Tommy broke it.

If Manning "plays" ALL games ... ??   it is a LOT higher than ..................

Decker was the BEST WR coming out of the BIGTEN his SR year.    SIGH......  

Denver has Major talent on this O....   E D would be INDY's #1  RIGHT NOW.

For D...   he is 3rd or 4th?   Pressure is on Peyton to get it DONE.

Remember how Decker was a joke....when Tebow was there....He was the example of receiving talent Denver didn't have?

If the Pats lose during their 1:00 game, then the Broncos can coast during their late game, but otherwise he'll play.

Well the Pats play at 1, and the Broncos at 4. If they lose that game, Manning will barely play at all.

Also, I was thinking if the Broncos go up early, you could see Manning not play in the 2nd half.

I donno, maybe he will play the whole game. Depends on the game, but Im expecting a blowout. 

Good point....

Oakland is a little crazy...too....you don't want :Peyton to get leveled by an out-of-control Raider

NE-Buffalo was flexed to 4:25. 

Expect Peyton to play all game.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Decker was good with Tebow throwing him the ball...600 yds and 8 tds.

Come on John... The pressure is always on..but lets be real...

When Tebow was in Denver....Decker was the poster boy for what talent he DIDNT have...remember

by the way..being all Big-10 in receiving doesn't mean you have MAJOR talent

Julius Thomas had ONE career catch until this season..as I know you know

Jacob Tamme ???? Joel Dressen??  Bubba Caldwell...?? Major talent. ??

Come on, man :bored:

Decker was the BEST WR coming out of the BIGTEN his SR year. SIGH......

Denver has Major talent on this O.... E D would be INDY's #1 RIGHT NOW.

For D... he is 3rd or 4th? Pressure is on Peyton to get it DONE.

Decker was a mid-level reciever taken in the 3rd round.

All you have to do is look at his numbers before and after Mannings arrival.

Guys there is no reason to belittle one of the greatest qbs of all time to make a point about how great Manning is. They are both great....amazingly great. Its like Marino and Montana great. They both kinda do it differently but both equally special. It was an amazing year....not as efficient as that one in Indy but it was unbelievable considering it was a guy in the twilight of his career that just won't give up. He has amazing heart, will, and while his skill is declining his brain is clearly not. I doubt he even approaches this year again...nor should he have to if he can get some help from his defense. There is only one way to make this season better...and that would be to top it with a championship....no doubt that has been his goal all along and the td record is just a by-product of his drive to win.

I hope his defense feels a little guilty and decides to make some plays for him in the post-season. Honestly, without Peyton Manning or perhaps Tom Brady this team is at best a 500 team....even with all the offensive threats. Its one thing to have great offensive talent....its a totally different thing to utilize it to its fullest all the while carrying perhaps the worst defense Peyton has ever had....and that's bad because we had some stinkers here in Indy. I really didn't care about the record...but it does seem fitting for him to win it back but I would just like to see him get one more SB trophy (as long as it's not at the Colts expense).....the guy has worked so very very hard and done soo much to carry a team...but as the old saying goes...you can bring your horse to water but you can't make it drink. Its up to the rest of that team to make some plays...because the playoffs are brutal...best teams...best defenses and offenses and it takes great play from all facets not just a qb to win it all.

We saw how NE's defense is stepping up despite all the losses....makes you wonder why Denver's is so inept.

agree with all and well put

I love / rather hate how Denver was a top 5 D with Tebow and just slumped it way on defense wehen got Peyton,(  or should I say Faxed it way in part )  

The Pressure on Peyton is intense, and if he doesnt win the SB u know he will accept all the blame and u know it will be blamed on him,

but really I worry about this D and stupid mistakles that u just cant make in the playoffs

Come on John... The pressure is always on..but lets be real...

When Tebow was in Denver....Decker was the poster boy for what talent he DIDNT have...remember

by the way..being all Big-10 in receiving doesn't mean you have MAJOR talent

Julius Thomas had ONE career catch until this season..as I know you know

Jacob Tamme ???? Joel Dressen??  Bubba Caldwell...?? Major talent. ??

Come on, man  :bored:

Decker was a mid-level reciever taken in the 3rd round.

All you have to do is look at his numbers before and after Mannings arrival.

These same Now great weapons were underachievers or a Moreno bust  with Tebow & Orton, one so called expert said, this time is correct , saying just shows u what a great , yet hurting , 37 year old  player dropped from his first team  for understandable unknown future health issues and for chance to Grab another Peyton, can do for the players around him, from Underachievers to now skill players & $ signs in front of them on future contracts

No team ever had 4 players with 10 TDs , Now thanks to Peyton and the now skilled weapons only team with 4 WR & 5 total players with moreno to have 10 or more Td's each

Decker and Thomas are not as good as everyone thinks. They are not tough, they are extremely inconsistent. Most of the INTs Manning had this year are due to the lack of toughness of Decker and Thomas.

Only 3 players i trust in this Denver offense to catch a ball and be tough are Moreno, Julius Thomas and our lovely Jacob Tamme.

I honestly don't see how much more the man can do to secure his legacy as the best ever.  He will have all of the significant career quarterback records.   He will have at least 5 MVPs (and 3 MVP runner ups).   A couple more championships wouldn't hurt obviously but how is it his fault that he has hardly ever had a defense like Montana, Bradshaw, or Brady did?   He has consistently dragged horribly flawed teams to 13 win seasons for over a decade.  He joined a team that had never won 10 games in 21 years and he turned them into a team which only failed to do so 3 times in his 13 years with them (one as a rookie and one when he never played a down).   He holds the record for 4th quarter comebacks including some of the most unlikely ones in league history.  He changed the way the position is played and defined it for the current generation of young talent.

If he isn't the best ever then what more could he possibly do?

Having watched Manning from day one as most of us have I never saw him fighting back an urge to scream "I did it"! like I saw in his face yesterday. I guarantee you he was overjoyed. Now just get that SB ring this year and you can relax smell the roses for a little while. I wish he did not mention Brady's name when he was talking about his record, but that's him. All in all a great day with the Colts showing they have a defense and maybe an offensive line set up now to go through the playoffs with and number 18 just doin' his thing.

I honestly don't see how much more the man can do to secure his legacy as the best ever.  He will have all of the significant career quarterback records.   He will have at least 5 MVPs (and 3 MVP runner ups).   A couple more championships wouldn't hurt obviously but how is it his fault that he has hardly ever had a defense like Montana, Bradshaw, or Brady did?   He has consistently dragged horribly flawed teams to 13 win seasons for over a decade.  He joined a team that had never won 10 games in 21 years and he turned them into a team which only failed to do so 3 times in his 13 years with them (one as a rookie and one when he never played a down).   He holds the record for 4th quarter comebacks including some of the most unlikely ones in league history.  He changed the way the position is played and defined it for the current generation of young talent.

If he isn't the best ever then what more could he possibly do?

Many would agree with you. The way he has played this season will provide plenty of extra 'ammo' for the Manning apologists.

I congratulate Peyton.

But, these offensive passing numbers and records mean less and less every year due to the amount of pass interference calls being called and ever since Bill Polian while on the competition committee enforced the 5 yard play after the Pats roughed up the Colts in 2004 fair and square as football is meant to be played.  Peyton couldn't have his WR's man up and couldn't handle physical defenses that messed up the rhythm of the Colts' finesse system that was built for good weather so they had to alter the rules for Peyton as Polian thought there is no other QB in the NFL capable of exploiting and taking advantage of the 5 yard enforcement better than Peyton.  Well, it ended up biting the Colts in the you know what.  The arrogance of Polian.

Offensive numbers are exploding.  We seen Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Favre, Romo, Rivers, Cutler, Stafford and even Nick Foles put up record smashing numbers the last 8 years.  If these rules were in place in the 1980's than Marino would have at least 65 td's in multiple seasons.  It's a money grab by the NFL.  NFL wants big offensive numbers for the fans.

Quote from Manning from King's MMQB:

“I will enjoy it while it lasts … But personally, I feel all these passing records are going to fall. [Tom] Brady will probably break this next year.”

Now that is such a cool quote. Manning gets it like we all do. The TD record is an era where it is a passing league. He also mentioned Marino's record as being better because it stood for 20 years and may have never been broken if not for the rule changes.

All that being said 50 TDs is sick. Just sick. He and Brady stand alone but I do think others will get there. Maybe even Luck.