Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton gets the TD record [Merge]

lance.acres

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great season so far but he has work to do to be satisfied. You could see he enjoyed it and it was good to get it off his back. I will say that was a little piling it on with the last one. That game was in hand. Seemed a little excessive. That said I'm sure they are hoping they can sit Peyton next week if things go well. All said and done those were some pretty passes.....put into some tight windows. I can't believe at 37 he is playing at that level.....really beautiful passing.

Yeah, like people who get touchy about a thread that is focusing on a former colt?

haha I love how you choose to read and interpret my posts.

Instead of thinking "Could he just be joking?" You jump to "HES CRYING. STOP CRYING!!! YOU'RE TOUCHY!!!"

Funny, but ultimately pointless. Compounded by the fact the thread was moved.

Enjoy something your excited about stop worrying so much about me, or anyone else.

This record will be here another 20+ years i don't think they'll be a offense with this many weapons in it for a long time. He'll probably throw at least 2 more TD's next week before Fox takes him out which will give him 53 TD's. Great accomplishment by Peyton and his realease worked out great for both teams because both he and Luck are heading to the playoffs and both have had exceptional seasons.

This record will be here another 20+ years i don't think they'll be a offense with this many weapons in it for a long time. He'll probably throw at least 2 more TD's next week before Fox takes him out which will give him 53 TD's. Great accomplishment by Peyton and his realease worked out great for both teams because both he and Luck are heading to the playoffs and both have had exceptional seasons.

I agree the record will hold and who knows what rules will be around by then.

So happy for Peyton. After all he has been through the last 2 years and all the work he has done, he deserves it. Now more than ever, the rest of the country is seeing what Colt fans have known for years! Peyton Manning is a very special QB and person. I love Andrew but I also miss Peyton. I hope Manning knows how much Colt fans everywhere love him!!

I agree the record will hold and who knows what rules will be around by then.

FANTASTIC....    :headspin:   :banana:

Thanks for Starting the Thread, people.  I was too busy  :cheer:  to bother Posting....    ;)

Congrats Peyton...!!!!!!

did u notice how in post game conference he gave  all credit  to teammates and said brady probably will break it next year, a true class act

defers all credit to others yet takes all the blame on himsself when there is a loss

Running up the score / stat padding. Brady in disguise?

The last TD was a blatant attempt to get the record as opposed to run out the clock, and frankly I was fine with it. One every decade or so is allowed I think.  :D

I suspect that they wanted to get it out of the way. They already had the division locked up and couldn't be sure that they would need to win next week, so it wouldn't exactly have been more impressive to end up preparing two QBs for next week, and - what - leave Peyton in just to set a record? Or should they have sat him and ignored it? Then there would be another week of media attention. No great answers - just getting it over with makes sense. Notice that they pulled Peyton from the game immediately afterwards, something that they don't normally do for a final series even if he's just kneeling. Guilt? Compensation for the football Gods? :P

That being sad, I can't say that I would be too upset if Peyton "has" to throw about nine more next week. When all is said and done, all that 99.9% of the people will remember in the future is who has the record. Frankly someone would have to hit 67 for it to be as impressive a record break on a percentage basis as what Marino did with 48. But I'll take it and not look back. :thmsup:

Great accomplishment for Denver's offense. The defense and special teams contributed here and there throughout the season getting good field position - including a timely interception tonight.

Still,  the credit on  most of those TDs goes to all the offensive players as they generally had to drive 70-99 yards and largely unaided by the rest of the team. A lot of guys fought hard for YAC as well - many of which wound up being TDs on short passing plays. The O-line has done a good job most of the year despite losing the best tackle in football.

And yes it helps that the QB is pretty good, too. Moreno has been playing his heart out to boot.

Denver can tack on to the total, but it largely depends on if the Ravens lay an egg against the Pats. Right now they're doing just that.

264 I think. He'll shatter it. 

The Pats win over Baltimore means Denver has to win at Oakland in the season finale..

That guarantees that Peyton has to light up the Raiders for 300 and 3 more TDs.

Good weather...lots of Broncos fans coming in from Colorado (Raiders have a few empty seats again this year)

Its gonna be a big final Sunday

It's a shame these threads get classified as nfl general. Manning always has been and will be a Colt, no matter what jersey he's wearing this season.

That's how I feel, Neon...

All Colts fans can celebrate..he's still our guy....I thought he could throw for 5,000 but he's going way past that

..and the Colts havent missed a beat...Its all good

Congrats to Peyton on just a superb season. Only rough spot, losing Miller. But great season by a QB that most, including myself thought was washed up after four neck surgeries. I will always admire his work ethic and grit. I hope he plays next week and gets a few more to keep Brees from trying as hard as he can to break it. ;)

Those are ridiculous single season numbers....for a QB who's team didn't have its TE for 3 games and its all-pro slot receiver for 2....and whose all-pro offensive tackle has missed the last 13 games.

......Remember when he had a 'rag arm' and folks were saying he should quit?

///Remember when some said he wouldn't do as well in Denver because he couldn't play indoors half the time?

.....Denver really doenst have much speed at wide receiver and 3 of their top 4 receivers are in their mid 20s..

Nobody sets all time records in their late 30s..and what stops him from doing it again next season?

He probably won't play much next week, but if he does, that passing yards record is definitely breakable. 

Peyton has proven, that at 37 years old, is (maybe) the greatest QB of all time. Winning the SB would just confirm that last sentence.

He probably won't play much next week, but if he does, that passing yards record is definitely breakable.

Peyton has proven, that at 37 years old, is (maybe) the greatest QB of all time. Winning the SB would just confirm that last sentence.

Why wouldn't he play much?

I would say he will play to get the number 1 seed and since the Ravens laid an egg today they need to win out to get it. That is my thoughts anyway. If I am wrong I'm sure someone will correct me and that's okay but I think this is what I have heard all day.

I hope his defense feels a little guilty and decides to make some plays for him in the post-season. Honestly, without Peyton Manning or perhaps Tom Brady this team is at best a 500 team....even with all the offensive threats. Its one thing to have great offensive talent....its a totally different thing to utilize it to its fullest all the while carrying perhaps the worst defense Peyton has ever had....and that's bad because we had some stinkers here in Indy. I really didn't care about the record...but it does seem fitting for him to win it back but I would just like to see him get one more SB trophy (as long as it's not at the Colts expense).....the guy has worked so very very hard and done soo much to carry a team...but as the old saying goes...you can bring your horse to water but you can't make it drink. Its up to the rest of that team to make some plays...because the playoffs are brutal...best teams...best defenses and offenses and it takes great play from all facets not just a qb to win it all. We saw how NE's defense is stepping up despite all the losses....makes you wonder why Denver's is so inept.

Guest TeamLoloJones

If the Pats lose during their 1:00 game, then the Broncos can coast during their late game, but otherwise he'll play.

Well the Pats play at 1, and the Broncos at 4. If they lose that game, Manning will barely play at all.

Also, I was thinking if the Broncos go up early, you could see Manning not play in the 2nd half.

I donno, maybe he will play the whole game. Depends on the game, but Im expecting a blowout. 

Well the Pats play at 1, and the Broncos at 4. If they lose that game, Manning will barely play at all.

Also, I was thinking if the Broncos go up early, you could see Manning not play in the 2nd half.

I donno, maybe he will play the whole game. Depends on the game, but Im expecting a blowout. 

Good point....

Oakland is a little crazy...too....you don't want :Peyton to get leveled by an out-of-control Raider