Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is KC legit?

xXBOXADDICTx

Last post before the n00b restriction sets in, so bear with me...

The only OL we were missing was starting LT Branden Albert.  But he's been out a few weeks and we've been fine.

The issue with the offense is one that hardcore Chiefs fans have argued about all season long - Alex Smith.  During the 9-0 run to begin the season, he was pretty brutal, but the team kept winning due to historic defensive and special teams play.  The biggest issue I had personally with the trade for Smith is his "play not to lose" instead of playing to win mentality.  He's risk-adverse, and it hurts the offense.  He regularly passes up an opportunity at a big play in favor of the checkdown. 

Fast forward to a few weeks ago against San Diego - Smith starts pushing the ball downfield, and what do you know, we score 38.  The defense let us down that day, but we all saw what the offense could be.

Today, he regressed to "Bad Alex".  He made no effort to push the ball downfield, which makes it much easier for the defense when you only have to protect a 10 yard box from the line of scrimmage.  He also reverted back to his bad habit of staring at the rush, instead of keeping his eyes downfield.

It's certainly not ALL on Alex, but what "blame" is left can go to Andy Reid.  At one point late in the 3rd quarter, Jamaal Charles had NINE carries.

That's criminal, especially against a defense that has struggled against the run - no disrespect meant.

Anywho, I'm rooting for a Cincinnati win next week - really want a rematch.  I'm guessing we may have a bit of a chip on our shoulder should we get another shot.

Good thoughts. (By the way, when you hit 10 posts, I think the n00b restriction is lifted.)

You got a little bit of what Eagles fans complained about with Andy Reid for a long time. He often goes away from his playmaking backs -- McCoy, Westbrook, and now Charles -- for stretches, and it makes no sense. His situational coaching has long been a sore spot. But I think that the Colts defense starting hitting pretty well, shutting down the middle and keeping Charles from getting to the outside. And with a few three and outs, he didn't get a lot of chances. The Chiefs lost the possession battle almost 2:1, and you were down 2 scores late. 

As for Smith, yeah, he's limited in a certain sense. That's why Harbaugh made the choice he made. I don't know if he was being risk-averse or not; haven't rewatched the game yet. But he definitely wasn't able to make anything happen for most of the game.

A rematch could go completely different, absolutely. But a few hours ago, the narrative was that the Colts simply couldn't hang with the Chiefs. http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks http://weeklypickem.fantasy.nfl.com/experts I don't care about all that, but this game proved that the Colts can handle this matchup, especially if the rematch is in Indy. No telling how the game goes, but it's certainly not the lopsided affair most people thought it was.

The Chiefs are "legit".

We've got a fine QB, a great RB, and multiple standout players on defense.  Besides getting some turnovers, I don't think our DC gets the most out of these guys on defense however. Many are peeved with Sutton, our DC, as he refuses to change-up the defensive schemes much.

I'd say the Colts loss today was probably worse than any we had this season. We pretty much could play with Denver, but they've got Manning. That's a tough game anyday.

Rivers is having an excellent season and seemingly played with a chip on his shoulder, and beat us in KC.

I'll say too that our losses have come at the expense of injury to Tamba Hali and Justin Houston. Particularly Houston's injury has hurt. We'll have Houston and Hali back for our Playoff visit. I'm looking forward to seeing your QB meet Mr. Houston.

Everyone stay healthy and we'll see you in Indy in 2 weeks!! Cheers!

i didn't think they were a top team two months ago when everyone was making a big deal about them being undefeated. teams with bad records get easier schedules the next year and good teams get tougher schedules. i think the chiefs will be in the 8-9 win range next year. they have cap issues, a low 1st round pick, and no 2nd round pick so i don't see much improvement in the off season for them.

husker61
  • Locationmaryland

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

the chiefs schedule gets tougher now, i predict 3-4 the rest of the year. 6-2 or better for the colts.

The Chiefs are "legit".

We've got a fine QB, a great RB, and multiple standout players on defense.  Besides getting some turnovers, I don't think our DC gets the most out of these guys on defense however. Many are peeved with Sutton, our DC, as he refuses to change-up the defensive schemes much.

I'd say the Colts loss today was probably worse than any we had this season. We pretty much could play with Denver, but they've got Manning. That's a tough game anyday.

Rivers is having an excellent season and seemingly played with a chip on his shoulder, and beat us in KC.

I'll say too that our losses have come at the expense of injury to Tamba Hali and Justin Houston. Particularly Houston's injury has hurt. We'll have Houston and Hali back for our Playoff visit. I'm looking forward to seeing your QB meet Mr. Houston.

You might see us, you might not. I'm personally rooting for the Bills to win against the Patriots so we can get the 3rd seed. You Chiefs fans think for some reason that we can't move up a seed. Well, we still have a good shot at 3rd seed.

Good thoughts. (By the way, when you hit 10 posts, I think the n00b restriction is lifted.)

You got a little bit of what Eagles fans complained about with Andy Reid for a long time. He often goes away from his playmaking backs -- McCoy, Westbrook, and now Charles -- for stretches, and it makes no sense. His situational coaching has long been a sore spot. But I think that the Colts defense starting hitting pretty well, shutting down the middle and keeping Charles from getting to the outside. And with a few three and outs, he didn't get a lot of chances. The Chiefs lost the possession battle almost 2:1, and you were down 2 scores late. 

As for Smith, yeah, he's limited in a certain sense. That's why Harbaugh made the choice he made. I don't know if he was being risk-averse or not; haven't rewatched the game yet. But he definitely wasn't able to make anything happen for most of the game.

A rematch could go completely different, absolutely. But a few hours ago, the narrative was that the Colts simply couldn't hang with the Chiefs. http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks http://weeklypickem.fantasy.nfl.com/experts I don't care about all that, but this game proved that the Colts can handle this matchup, especially if the rematch is in Indy. No telling how the game goes, but it's certainly not the lopsided affair most people thought it was.

I certainly didn't think it would be a lopsided game. 

I think KC is good but I really don't fear them. Yeah, they have the best RB in the league this year in Charles and their defense causes a lot of take aways.

But I would rather play KC in the playoffs than most of anyone making it into the post season.

No disrespect meant, but I think our fans feel the same way about you guys, even after yesterday. Personally, I want no part of Cincinnati or New England.

Should be a great game, should it actually happen.

I certainly didn't think it would be a lopsided game. 

No disrespect meant, but I think our fans feel the same way about you guys, even after yesterday. Personally, I want no part of Cincinnati or New England.

Should be a great game, should it actually happen.

Believe you me, no disrespect taken. And I can completely understand why the Chiefs fans would feel that way even after the butt whipping we give y'all at home. Just goes to show how crazy the NFL season has been.

I would really be surprised if Denver and Seattle are not playing in the SB. But you just never know with weather, injuries, etc.

The Chiefs are "legit".

Everyone stay healthy?  Your losses have come at the expense of injury? Have you seen our list of starters out due to injury?

I certainly hope you don't think Houston would have beat the Colts at YOUR HOUSE, your team got outplayed on all 3 phases by a depleted TEAM!

NEXT MAN UP!

• 2 weeks later...

Colts vs. Chiefs    ( per NFL.com )

The Chiefs have played the NFL's easiest strength of schedule. Their opponents have a combined record of 80-116 (.408). The Chiefs are 1-2 against opponents currently over .500 this season (losses to the Broncos in Weeks 11 and 13, a win at Eagles in Week 3).

Edit: The Chiefs have played the NFL's easiest strength of schedule.   The Chiefs are 1-3 against opponents currently over .500 this season (losses to the Broncos in Weeks 11 and 13, a win at Eagles in Week 3). And to the Colts...

Edit: The Chiefs have played the NFL's easiest strength of schedule.   The Chiefs are 1-3 against opponents currently over .500 this season (losses to the Broncos in Weeks 11 and 13, a win at Eagles in Week 3). And to the Colts...

They lost to sd two times so one win against philly five losses against Denver 2, Colts 1, Sd 2. 1and five against over 500

The Colts beat KC fair & square, nose-to-noes and toes-to-toes. With the Colts looking better with every game they should win this one especially at home. Beside I want to watch them walk calmly and quietly in to New England and stomp their butts.

The Colts beat KC fair & square, nose-to-noes and toes-to-toes. With the Colts looking better with every game they should win this one especially at home. Beside I want to watch them walk calmly and quietly in to New England and stomp their butts.

Wouldn't that be nice. Brady would be like oh crap these are NOT the Peyton Manning era Colts.

Edit:   The Chiefs have played the NFL's easiest strength of schedule.   The Chiefs are 1-5 against opponents currently over .500 this season. The only win came week 3 vs Eagles, meanwhile 2 losses to Denver, 2 losses to SD, and 1 to our Colts