Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Chiefs Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• In year one, I really only care about his STs play. He's already made an impact. If he can turn into a decent depth or starting CB, that's just icing for me. 
    • Given that he had to rebuild this roster that he inherited and then had the Luck departure to deal with, I believe he's done a very good job.  Our defense has improved and we have a top notch OL that required a lot of high draft picks to assemble.   He now will be faced with the decisions on upcoming expiring contracts with some of our top players, so we'll see how that goes.   You can't anticipate injuries, so it's hard to evaluate some of his picks, especially at WR.   You can't fix everything in the time Ballard has been here, but he's fixed a lot of things IMO.
    • That's true too. I believe Rivers would play for us one more year. It's a question of if he has fallen off by 2021 and if we want to start Eason or a possible high draft pick by then. Won't rule it out, I know he likes it here.
    • Don't rule out bringing Rivers back in 21'
    • Agree. With or without Luck...the WR moves have been bad. Aiken, Grant, Funchess, Cain, Fountain, Campbell and Pittman. I am not going to write off Campbell and certainly not Pittman...but that is a very meh group...and in 4 offseasons...it is also a concerning trend. Whether it's a deprioritization or just bad talent evaluation (that has led to passing on very good WRs to draft lesser WRs/players)...objectively...it needs to get (much) better.    The DE position has been similar...in regards to the draft. Fortunately, Ballard was shrewd in signing both Sheard and Houston. But 3 2nd round picks at DE...and the Colts have gotten little. How many teams can (potentially) whiff on 3 2nd round picks? If not for that great trade deal with the NYJ (and the first 3 picks of that 2018 draft)...I think the Ballard draft convo is a bit different.   But like you said...it's all about the QB if sustained success is the goal.
  • Members

• danlhart87

danlhart87 4,066

• DougDew

DougDew 4,187

• chad72

chad72 13,099

• w87r

w87r 2,446

Moderators
    • Nesjan3

Nesjan3 1,120