Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tannehill vs Luck

turner46992

Weather is expected to have an impact on many games this year. what caught my attention or struck a nerve really is Bryan Baldingers mad support for Ryan Tannehill.  Recently uploaded on NFL homepage was a interview Eric Davis did with Baldinger talking about several teams with weather conditions this week. What got my attention was at the end of the interview they talked about Tannehill being sacked 51 times and beating -So called superb teams- he said those 51 sacks Tannehill took are remarkable. Went on to say that second year players feel the pressure you lose them, but luck is the most hit qb in the league right now and still driving a winning team to - a second seed-. he expressed Tannehill being able to beat teams like New England, New York, and beating Pittsburg. All while being able to collect another fourth quarter win. My point of making this thread is, Isnt Luck the most hit Qb in the league, Didnt Luck beat 2 of the NFCs best team in 49ers and Seattle, Didnt Luck beat the best team in the AFC in Denver, Doesnt Luck have the most 4th quarter wins in any second year QB ever. Why is Tannehill and the Dolphins getting a praise for Beating teams like Pittsburg, New England, and New York while Luck and the Colts have taken the best 3 teams and won in the league? sorry for the - - My quotation key doesnt work on my keyboard 

Tannehill deserves a ton of praise for his performances over the last month. Over the last month, he's easily outperformed Luck. No way is he better, but if we're looking about the last little bit, he's been playing like one of the best.

Tannehill's the most sacked, Luck's the most hit... same difference. They both get hit a lot. Both should get credit in that regard.

Tannehill has beat some very good teams on the road, while receiving very minimal help from the offense around him. Mike Wallace did nothing outside of last week. You never know with Hartline. Miller has been useless at running back. Clay is the only constant, but he's not even that great. Everyone thinks Clay had a big game last week, but the fact of the matter is, his only catch was that big 4th down one. Tannehill has been getting all these wins while getting almost nothing.

Luck, with all due respect, got those wins while at "full strength" with his star receiver and as we've come to find out, maybe the MVP of the team. Donald Brown has helped him a lot in certain games too. Luck's been up and down the last little bit, whereas Tannehill has been soaring high.

Luck is still (easily) the better quarterback, but Tannehill has been hot and he's getting his due. He should be, he's turning into a hell of a quarterback.

Tannehill deserves a ton of praise for his performances over the last month. Over the last month, he's easily outperformed Luck. No way is he better, but if we're looking about the last little bit, he's been playing like one of the best.

Tannehill's the most sacked, Luck's the most hit... same difference. They both get hit a lot. Both should get credit in that regard.

Tannehill has beat some very good teams on the road, while receiving very minimal help from the offense around him. Mike Wallace did nothing outside of last week. You never know with Hartline. Miller has been useless at running back. Clay is the only constant, but he's not even that great. Everyone thinks Clay had a big game last week, but the fact of the matter is, his only catch was that big 4th down one. Tannehill has been getting all these wins while getting almost nothing.

Luck, with all due respect, got those wins while at "full strength" with his star receiver and as we've come to find out, maybe the MVP of the team. Donald Brown has helped him a lot in certain games too. Luck's been up and down the last little bit, whereas Tannehill has been soaring high.

Luck is still (easily) the better quarterback, but Tannehill has been hot and he's getting his due. He should be, he's turning into a hell of a quarterback.

ok Andy i see your point and can agree with every point. Luck did get those wins with players like Wayne and also Bradshaw being a proven vet. The seattle game and denver, he really just had Reggie which is more than Tannehill has had all season. Im not hating on Tannehill by any means, just didnt really see the view baldinger seen. I have a better picture but still feel, the teams Luck beat are way more better compared to the three  Tannehill beat, but with saying that. Ryan is the star of that offense hands down. Might even be the best since Marino, not to Compare the Two but Ryan has had the most succes since Marino

ok Andy i see your point and can agree with every point. Luck did get those wins with players like Wayne and also Bradshaw being a proven vet. The seattle game and denver, he really just had Reggie which is more than Tannehill has had all season. Im not hating on Tannehill by any means, just didnt really see the view baldinger seen. I have a better picture but still feel, the teams Luck beat are way more better compared to the three  Tannehill beat, but with saying that. Ryan is the star of that offense hands down. Might even be the best since Marino, not to Compare the Two but Ryan has had the most succes since Marino

I'd argue he's already the best.

Who does he have to compete with?

Jay Fiedler?

AJ Feeley?

LOL Cleo Lemon?

Chad Pennington?

Chad Henne?

They've been struggling to find someone decent and I think Tannehill has proven that with this season alone he's the best since Marino. Pennington did have a good year in 2008 though, but still, thank his top 10 defense and his outstanding (at the time, revolutionary) running game.

I like Tannenhill a lot and he has made a nice transition from year one to year two. I don't think he gets talked about enough to be honest. If not for the Martin/Incognito saga the Fins would be right there with the Pats for the division. For Tanny to have lost two key OL linemen and still be right there is impressive. Also helps to explain all the sacks.

Also, I don't think praise of Tanny is a slight against Luck. I think everyone knows who Luck is and it is somewhat expected for him to perform at a high level as the first pick and the hoopla that surrounded him being like Elway, etc. Tanny is quietly making a name for himself on a Fins team that is beginning to add some pieces around him.

Weather is expected to have an impact on many games this year. what caught my attention or struck a nerve really is Bryan Baldingers mad support for Ryan Tannehill.  Recently uploaded on NFL homepage was a interview Eric Davis did with Baldinger talking about several teams with weather conditions this week. What got my attention was at the end of the interview they talked about Tannehill being sacked 51 times and beating -So called superb teams- he said those 51 sacks Tannehill took are remarkable. Went on to say that second year players feel the pressure you lose them, but luck is the most hit qb in the league right now and still driving a winning team to - a second seed-. he expressed Tannehill being able to beat teams like New England, New York, and beating Pittsburg. All while being able to collect another fourth quarter win. My point of making this thread is, Isnt Luck the most hit Qb in the league, Didnt Luck beat 2 of the NFCs best team in 49ers and Seattle, Didnt Luck beat the best team in the AFC in Denver, Doesnt Luck have the most 4th quarter wins in any second year QB ever. Why is Tannehill and the Dolphins getting a praise for Beating teams like Pittsburg, New England, and New York while Luck and the Colts have taken the best 3 teams and won in the league? sorry for the - - My quotation key doesnt work on my keyboard 

They are stupid cause the colts beat good teams all the teams tannehill beat suck.

I like Tannenhill a lot and he has made a nice transition from year one to year two. I don't think he gets talked about enough to be honest. If not for the Martin/Incognito saga the Fins would be right there with the Pats for the division. For Tanny to have lost two key OL linemen and still be right there is impressive. Also helps to explain all the sacks.

Also, I don't think praise of Tanny is a slight against Luck. I think everyone knows who Luck is and it is somewhat expected for him to perform at a high level as the first pick and the hoopla that surrounded him being like Elway, etc. Tanny is quietly making a name for himself on a Fins team that is beginning to add some pieces around him.

Good post....   agree with most everything.....

One point to Tannehill's credit....   he hasn't lost two offensive lineman....   he's actually lost three!

The Dolphins also lost Pouncy,  their very good center.    So, that's 3-5ths of their OL, all right next to each other.   And yet, they're still producing.

Props to them.......

I've been hard on the 'Tan man' and he's no Luck.

We are going to universally accept (other than Skip Bayless) that Luck is the closest we will see to Peyton Manning..and Tom Brady

But I didn't know what Ryan T was going through with the *s on his team..

..and he has held it together until Sunday......He's not Andrew Luck.

.He doesnt move as well.. He's not as strong.  He doesn t have the sharp instincts

Luck was bred to play the position. But Ryan doenst have to be a s good as Luck to succeed

Tannehill could a good NFL career....he's certainly handled controversy with a professional attitude........

I've been hard on the 'Tan man' and he's no Luck.

We are going to universally accept (other than Skip Bayless) that Luck is the closest we will see to Peyton Manning..and Tom Brady

But I didn't know what Ryan T was going through with the *s on his team..

..and he has held it together until Sunday......He's not Andrew Luck.

.He doesnt move as well.. He's not as strong. He doesn t have the sharp instincts

Luck was bred to play the position. But Ryan doenst have to be a s good as Luck to succeed

Tannehill could a good NFL career....he's certainly handled controversy with a professional attitude........

Don't forget this is his 3rd year of playing the quarterback position since he use to be a wr

Guest TeamLoloJones

They are stupid cause the colts beat good teams all the teams tannehill beat suck.

One of those teams that suck are the Colts...remember?

Luck is not the only good young QB in the league.  There are others and they deserve credit as well.  Also, giving them credit is not disrespecting Luck.  Not every segment on ESPN or NFL Network can be about Luck.  I don't know why people take these things so personally.