Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Move

ColtsArmy84

Samson Satele gonna be benched

It's gotta happen

We can hope....but this is probably more of a reflection that 2 of your 9 active OL are out and a 3rd (Thornton) is questionable.  They probably wanted to have at least 7 who they know are healthy enough to play.  Looks to me like it will be Satele at center and McGlynn at guard this week.  Doesn't mean that is what the staff would do if they had other options.

Holmes should provide backup for McGlynn or start while Austin will provide depth so Nixon, a tackle, won't have to play guard

"Should', but does he? They used Nixon at G last week before Holmes. Nixon has been on the team for a cup of coffee and never played or even practiced at G.

He's either injured or inept at this point. Waste of a roster spot either way.

KH is a center not a guard

Point being, he's an interior lineman who's been with the team all year. Nixon is a tackle who never played G, or even PRACTICED at G, and just joined the team.

In theory, who is a better fit at G?

If he can't play this year, why keep him on the roster? IR the guy, they can always find a reason.

Why wait until the day before the game to do this?  You can't tell me that they didn't know who was going to be a go yesterday at or after practice... I hope Austin was at least able to practice with the starters or backups at some point this week...

Could be in for a messy game... Someone wrap Luck in bubble wrap please!

Point being, he's an interior lineman who's been with the team all year. Nixon is a tackle who never played G, or even PRACTICED at G, and just joined the team.

In theory, who is a better fit at G?

If he can't play this year, why keep him on the roster? IR the guy, they can always find a reason.

Even though he hasn't seen much game action I am sure he is a valuable practice guy.

Last week the Colts only had two healthily centers so when JR got hurt there was no chance Holmes would have played since he was the primary replacement to McGlynn.

Why wait until the day before the game to do this?  You can't tell me that they didn't know who was going to be a go yesterday at or after practice... I hope Austin was at least able to practice with the starters or backups at some point this week...

Could be in for a messy game... Someone wrap Luck in bubble wrap please!

I have a feeling that the availability of Reitz wasn't determined until yesterday

Even though he hasn't seen much game action I am sure he is a valuable practice guy.

Last week the Colts only had two healthily centers so when JR got hurt there was no chance Holmes would have played since he was the primary replacement to McGlynn.

I get what you're saying, but wouldn't the logical progression be Holmes in at G. Then if McGlynn gets hurt he moves to C, and Nixon to G? Obviously, you want your best players in the game.

It's kind of a moot point. However if Austin gets in the game before Holmes this week, I don't think there's any doubt that the coaches think Holmes is a bust.

"Should', but does he? They used Nixon at G last week before Holmes. Nixon has been on the team for a cup of coffee and never played or even practiced at G.

He's either injured or inept at this point. Waste of a roster spot either way.

I think he played fairly well last week

the fact that a third draft pick has no plays is getting ridiculas

Not a tall actually, Holmes was a mid round pick for a reason, If we had competent Guards or a competent Center other then Mcglynn nobody would be calling for Holmes and he could develop at his own pace without everyone calling for him to be forced in, For the record I dont think he is ready either

I think he played fairly well last week

Nixon was okay for the pass game, but horrible in run blocking. But for playing out of position, and being new to the team, we couldn't expect much more. Now we'll see if he can keep it up.

Read Colts Authority, he scores every block.

Holmes should provide backup for McGlynn or start while Austin will provide depth so Nixon, a tackle, won't have to play guard

Holmes was about the same size and rated equally as Barret Jones.

Jones has been inactive most of the season because he needs to bulk up and increase his strength.

Holmes did 13 reps. He is not a great athlete, and needs lots of work to reshape his body and work on his quickness. Info from research.

Holmes, as a late 4th rounder is not a can`t miss.

Labeled a zone blocking type player, lacking strength, not a good candidate to play guard in our system as a Rookie.

Watching Thornton get killed hasn`t been fun. Maybe last game the light came on. We will see tomorrow.

I get what you're saying, but wouldn't the logical progression be Holmes in at G. Then if McGlynn gets hurt he moves to C, and Nixon to G? Obviously, you want your best players in the game.

It's kind of a moot point. However if Austin gets in the game before Holmes this week, I don't think there's any doubt that the coaches think Holmes is a bust.

That's a major reach. I wondered why Holmes didn't play also, but in no way do I feel that the coaches believe he's a bust.

That's a major reach. I wondered why Holmes didn't play also, but in no way do I feel that the coaches believe he's a bust.

You must not have read the entire sentence. Unless you think that if the coaches put in a guy fresh off the practice squad before him means they have any faith in him?

You must not have read the entire sentence. Unless you think that if the coaches put in a guy fresh off the practice squad before him means they have any faith in him?

I read it. I think your conclusion is a major reach. I don't think coaches label players as busts, especially before they've ever played. It seems they don't want to play him unless they absolutely HAVE to, and preferably at center.

Jones has been inactive most of the season because he needs to bulk up and increase his strength.

Holmes did 13 reps. He is not a great athlete, and needs lots of work to reshape his body and work on his quickness. Info from research.

Labeled a zone blocking type player, lacking strength, not a good candidate to play guard in our system as a Rookie.

Watching Thornton get killed hasn`t been fun. Maybe last game the light came on. We will see tomorrow.

Holmes injured his pec and had to stop at 13 reps

Holmes injured his pec and had to stop at 13 reps

Very true

I read it. I think your conclusion is a major reach. I don't think coaches label players as busts, especially before they've ever played. It seems they don't want to play him unless they absolutely HAVE to, and preferably at center.

Agreed

Holmes was drafted for the future

Holmes did 13 reps. He is not a great athlete, and needs lots of work to reshape his body and work on his quickness. Info from research.

13 reps? Yikes! I can do 13 and I only weigh 185. Hopefully he's pounding the iron big time!