Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Like the Resignings.

Like the signings overall, personally would prefer Mack at C and to add Asomoah if we can. Like Shields but if he wasn't available/cheap, I would love to trade for Jimmy Smith.

Draft: at WR I would either want Allen Robinson,Cody Hoffman or L'Damien Washington.

at ILB, I would prefer Shayne Skov or Preston Brown.

Good work overall by you though :)

Don't understand your Jimmy Smith obsession

Here are a few reasons:

1. He is a big Corner (6'2) who is reasonably quick for his size ( 4.44 40).

2.He is a physical corner who can tackle, so he can be very effective in the run game.

3. He was very good in Man to Man coverage against Brandon Marshall, one of the better WR's in the league.4

4. He, like Vontae, has good potential in this league, but has had off the field issues. 

Him and Vontae, and Butler in the slot, is a bit of a scary CB unit.

Here are a few reasons:

1. He is a big Corner (6'2) who is reasonably quick for his size ( 4.44 40).

2.He is a physical corner who can tackle, so he can be very effective in the run game.

3. He was very good in Man to Man coverage against Brandon Marshall, one of the better WR's in the league.4

4. He, like Vontae, has good potential in this league, but has had off the field issues. 

Him and Vontae, and Butler in the slot, is a bit of a scary CB unit.

5. No way the Ravens trade him

5. No way the Ravens trade him

They may do if they want to save cap room to sign their 2015 free agents. Such names shall include: Justin Tucker, AQ Shipley, Parnell McPhee, Jah Reid, Vontae Leach Torrey Smith and Terrell Suggs. 

It is definitely a possibility, like we saw Hakeem Nicks or Jared Allen being parts of trade rumours in their last year's of their respective contracts.

They may do if they want to save cap room to sign their 2015 free agents. Such names shall include: Justin Tucker, AQ Shipley, Parnell McPhee, Jah Reid, Vontae Leach Torrey Smith and Terrell Suggs. 

It is definitely a possibility, like we saw Hakeem Nicks or Jared Allen being parts of trade rumours in their last year's of their respective contracts.

Getting rid of Jimmy Smith would save them just over a million on the 2014 cap. They won't trade their best corner to save a million, especially not when he's so inexpensive to keep. 

You should really let this one go.

I pretty much guarantee Ravens aren't trading away Jimmy Smith.

I like the idea of cutting Satele and most of the signings but i doubt Grigson will cut Toler just after one year. When he's been healthy he's played good at times, i think he'll get one more year. 

Instead of paying Shields 9-10 mil a year i think we should draft a CB in the 3rd, E. J Gaines and Keith Mcgill are both physical press CB's that'll be there. We also have to pay Vontae it would be too much money tied up into Cb's. Were better off keeping Toler then draft a Cb for depth. Btw Shields has had injury problems too in the past, good player but not worth the money. I would also look for Bethea's replacement in the 5th, plenty of safeties have been found in later rounds. 

Most of the money in FA after we sign our guys should be spent on Mack/ De la Puente, and Jones. Remember we have to pay Castonzo and Darius Butler next year. I do think Walden will be cut and Redding will retire after next year so that should save some money.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I like the idea of cutting Satele and most of the signings but i doubt Grigson will cut Toler just after one year. When he's been healthy he's played good at times, i think he'll get one more year. 

Instead of paying Shields 9-10 mil a year i think we should draft a CB in the 3rd, E. J Gaines and Keith Mcgill are both physical press CB's that'll be there. We also have to pay Vontae it would be too much money tied up into Cb's. Were better off keeping Toler then draft a Cb for depth. Btw Shields has had injury problems too in the past, good player but not worth the money. I would also look for Bethea's replacement in the 5th, plenty of safeties have been found in later rounds. 

Most of the money in FA after we sign our guys should be spent on Mack/ De la Puente, and Jones. Remember we have to pay Castonzo and Darius Butler next year. I do think Walden will be cut and Redding will retire after next year so that should save some money.

I like EJ Gaines...why in the world would we cut Walden?

What do you think the safety situation will be in the off-season? GO COLTS

I'm hoping Bethea comes back on a very cheap deal as a back up at both safety positions. I hope they sign Byrd or trade up (unlikely) for haha Clinton-Dix to start next to Landry. I'd also keep an eye on Karlos Williams in the draft.

What do you think the safety situation will be in the off-season? GO COLTS

I prefer the notion of re-signing Bethea to a 3 yr. deal and getting a couple of safeties in the next 2 drafts to develop.  Bethea is solid and a team leader you can count on and will not command top dollar.  Regardless of what fans think and want, Bethea fits the mold of a player who whose value to the team and value in the free agent market are intersecting lines.  He is a player you can win with, and he and Landry are probably better together in year 2 than year 1

I too hope we cut Satelle and Toler. But here is what I would do with our cap space and draft...

Indy resigns

Vontae Davis

Donald Brown

Pat Angerer

Pat McAfee

Indy signs

OC Alex Mack

CB Tracy Porter

OG Jon Asamoah

DE Antonio Smith

Draft...

Round 3 Pick 5 (CLE): Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 12 (CLE): DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State (A)
Round 3 Pick 27 (CAR): Dee Ford, OLB, Auburn (A-)
Round 4 Pick 27 (CAR): Tre Boston, FS, North Carolina (A)
Round 5 Pick 24: Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 6 Pick 24: Deandre Coleman, DT, California (C+)
Round 7 Pick 21: Bennett Jackson, CB, Notre Dame ©

I too hope we cut Satelle and Toler. But here is what I would do with our cap space and draft...

Indy resigns

Vontae Davis

Donald Brown

Pat Angerer

Pat McAfee

Indy signs

OC Alex Mack

CB Tracy Porter

OG Jon Asamoah

DE Antonio Smith

Draft...

Round 3 Pick 5 (CLE): Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU (A)

Round 3 Pick 12 (CLE): DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State (A)

Round 3 Pick 27 (CAR): Dee Ford, OLB, Auburn (A-)

Round 4 Pick 27 (CAR): Tre Boston, FS, North Carolina (A)

Round 5 Pick 24: Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech (A)

Round 6 Pick 24: Deandre Coleman, DT, California (C+)

Round 7 Pick 21: Bennett Jackson, CB, Notre Dame ©

Where do the two extra 3rd round picks & the 4th round pick come from?  Looks like some sort of unrealistic trade scenario.

Indy resigns

Vontae Davis

Donald Brown

Pat Angerer

Pat McAfee

Indy signs

OC Alex Mack

CB Tracy Porter

OG Jon Asamoah

DE Antonio Smith

Draft...

Round 3 Pick 5 (CLE): Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU (A)

Round 3 Pick 12 (CLE): DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State (A)

Round 3 Pick 27 (CAR): Dee Ford, OLB, Auburn (A-)

Round 4 Pick 27 (CAR): Tre Boston, FS, North Carolina (A)

Round 5 Pick 24: Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech (A)

Round 6 Pick 24: Deandre Coleman, DT, California (C+)

Round 7 Pick 21: Bennett Jackson, CB, Notre Dame ©

I'm a fan of Landry and I think exum will be a steal

Not bad from what read in thread.  Have 2 comments.

1. IMO, we do not need to draft another WR.  From what I have seen, would like to see more from Rogers and Whalen as #1 WR.

2. Would only give V. Davis a 1 year contract with incentives to increase consistency.

1. IMO, we do not need to draft another WR.  From what I have seen, would like to see more from Rogers and Whalen as #1 WR.

2. Would only give V. Davis a 1 year contract with incentives to increase consistency.

That will never happen. 

I assume you meant Rogers as a #1 and not Whalen