Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Reggie & Dwight Kill Their Hall Of Fame Bids With An 0-16 On Their Resume?

GoGoColts

Not a chance. Reggie still is not a lock, he needs to finish his career on the same tear he has been on in order to make it eventually. Dwight is still on pace to be if not a 1st Ballot, soon after. Two men cannot lift a team from the depths of obscurity. Reggie cannot throw to himself and buy time with the line; we all see Reggie get open constantly. As for Dwight, when your three monster DT's haven't played in a few games, you constantly get chipped and doubled because Muir doesn't exactly strike the fear of god.

That being said... if they visibly "give up" this year, more so than last night, the rest of the way... then it tarnishes it yes.

Thats not a very good question at all, HOF is based more on individual stats so i doubt their team records matter.

That's not quite true. Guys with borderline numbers get in based Super Bowls quite often. Chris Carter is likely being held out probably due to lack of Super Bowls.

So why then , did Barry Sanders get in?

His personal numbers were so good that he got in. If you are boarder line, Superbowls and losing can figure in. Barry was a 10 time all pro. Dwight and Reggie aren't even close to that.

Edited by GoGoColts

Neither is Hall of Fame worthy yet but Freeney is closer with 6 Pro Bowls. However, #26 on the sack list isn't enough.

Kevin Greene is not in the Hall of Fame and he has 60 more sacks

But beyond the number's are the facts that dwight has been double and triple teamed.A true game changer,forced teams to design game plans to stop him.

That's not quite true. Guys with borderline numbers get in based Super Bowls quite often. Chris Carter is likely being held out probably due to lack of Super Bowls.

Mate im sure its still based on what they did, teams werent as pass happy as the league is now... and football was much different in their days than it is now.

I would have a tough time voting for a guy with that on his record.

Even with the Super Bowl title..?

.. they were on 10-0 and 14-0 and Super Bowl teams too

Hall-of-Fame not a team award...and team accomplishments are probably only tiebreakers..between greats

Both Wayne and Freeney will be Hall-of-Famers...

They have stood the test of time...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Medical definitely.  His production heavily outweighs the age issue. Although I’ve wondered if his physical maturity is why he did so well.  But he doesn’t rely on great physical attributes.     I think two bold things.  Irsay demands we go get Marv jr.  if not then we are taking an edge rusher.  If latu is at 15 it seems like the clearest lock to me.   Maybe not so bold.  
    • I'll be scratching me head forever if the Colts pass on him, and he turns out to be Aaron Donald.    I know you're big on "measurables". I remember back in the day arguing with you about Braden Smith being able to play RT because his arms weren't long enough. Don't get me wrong, I know measurables certainly play a part. But I still take the player and his skillset over his measurements. 
    • Are you hoping it doesn't happen because he doesn't fit the Colts profile? Or because you don't think he'd be a good player for us?   I agree that he's not a Ballard type of prospect, and for that reason, I doubt we draft him. We only have one DT who's shorter than 6'4" -- Adebawore is 6'2", he was drafted in the 4th round, he's an outlier athlete, has really long arms, and I think he's probably more of a DE/DT hybrid. Drafting a 6'0" DT/3T, especially in the first round, doesn't seem like something Ballard would do.   But I think Murphy is a really good player, and a really good athlete, despite his lack of size. His speed and explosive numbers are great for a player his size. His tape looks good. He fits our defensive scheme. He led all interior DL prospects with a 19.6% pressure rate. He hates being blocked, and plays like he lives his life for the sole purpose of defeating offensive linemen.    I am not comparing him to Aaron Donald. But before the 2014 draft, I said Donald was the kind of guy you just draft and figure it out, whether he fits your scheme/profile or not. In no way am I saying Murphy is as good as Donald was, not even as a prospect, but I think he might be good enough to apply the same logic. Put him in a gap shooting front and let him disrupt.    I would not mind if we drafted him at all. It would be a big surprise, but I think he's a really good prospect.
    • I was waiting for his mock today. Some interesting picks but nothing quite as exciting as him predicting the Texans trade up to 3 and them getting Stroud and Anderson. The most interesting one is him giving JC Latham to the Chargers at 5. I expect them to get an OT but I thought it would be Alt. Lets see...    Another interesting thing - Brian Thomas Jr drops all the way to 28 to the Bills. There has been some rumors about him having a shoulder issue that would need to be addressed surgically at some point. Possible he falls. Latu falls to 27 too... I guess health related again.    Worthy and Mitchell go 31 and 32 to the 49ers and the Chiefs... Urgh!   
    • I have noticed this too,nothing against Murphy he is a good player,but I’m hoping for a WR or atleast the TE Bowers.
  • Members