Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would You Have Been Laughing And Joking Last Night After The Game If You Were A Player On The Colts?

dn4192

I mean I saw a pic of one of our team leaders on the web today in what appears to be him laughing and talking with Saints QB Drew Brees after the game last night. Now I am not saying you shouldn't be polite, but if the players are that steamed about last nights game then why should I be?

Saturday and Brees were together negotiating on the players' union side a lot of the offseason during the lockout. So, it is natural that they know each other a little more than your usual player-to-player, congratulate each other and exchange more than just a handshake. Brees and Peyton have the same agent, Tom Condon, not sure if Saturday has his services too.

The other players, not sure about the reasons

Edited by chad72

The picture of the laughing was a snap-shot, if you watch the actual video Saturday laughed for just a second w/ Brees. To me its more like someone with a small laugh at a funeral. What was important was their faces/emotions during the game especially the sideline shots. Those emotions were certainly not laughing.

OK, let me get this straight...

Polian and Caldwell deserve a complete pass for this abysmal season but the players should be suicidal?

Does that about sum up what you are saying?

No I am just wondering if the players are not suicidal like some fans are here, shouldn't we be taking a que from that and relax a bit also?

"they are upset,they get over it when they get in their sports cars and head home to their mansion's."

True, true.. Saturday is the a rep for the players, so I'm guessing he's got a lot of friends.

As much as I kinda felt like kicking something after that game, I wasn't mad to see Jeff chatting w/ Brees for a few sec.

I mean I saw a pic of one of our team leaders on the web today in what appears to be him laughing and talking with Saints QB Drew Brees after the game last night. Now I am not saying you shouldn't be polite, but if the players are that steamed about last nights game then why should I be?

I can reads lips and drew brees was saying what a joke our staff is, and saturday found it funny, which it is. at

least he called them openly. I am sure he is speaking for the masses. maybe you believe jeff saturday when he says

they a getting out coached, you believe no one else.

Id laugh there used to playing with success and kicking every buddys mod edit they know caldwell is a joke

Ordinarily I wouldn't care about appearances.........esp with just one photo. But that was such a humiliating beat down that......I honestly would not expect a single smile on our side.

Nothing to smile about

You sound like somebody that I work with. I work in the aerospace industry, and right now I am involved in a project that has some major design issues......mostly due to nonsensical managerial practices, but I'm not going to get into that. An airplane takes several years to design. This one was started in late 2008, so we are about three years into this. The design issues are significant enough that they could cause the entire project to be canned (after three years of work by lots of people) if they are not solved swiftly and efficiently. When a project like this gets cancelled this late in the game, people get fired.....because that's a lot of development money spent for zero gain.

Long story short, we recently had a three-day design summit where we got together all the major parties working on this design to come up with ideas on how to solve the design issues. Before the first morning session on Day 2, I was talking with one of the guys from another company working on this project while we were waiting for everybody else to get there to start the session, and we were joking around. The top manager in charge of this design effort walked in, looked at me, and said, "Now I don't think we have anything to be laughing about here." I think I just kind of looked at him like, "Seriously? Are you for real?".....and then I zipped my lip. I didn't say anything about it, but frankly, I was a little insulted by the implication that I wasn't taking this seriously. I've been busting my butt on this project, and just because I'm not doom and gloom 24/7 doesn't mean that I don't understand the severity of the situation. It's not like I was disrupting the session. We hadn't started yet and were still waiting for everyone to show up. If I become so obsessed with this that I can't joke around when we're not working, then I am going to become so emotionally drained that I won't be of any value to anyone. It's one thing to understand the severity of the situation and do everything that you can to turn it around, but you also have to be able to shrug it off or it will eat away at you and wear you down. You have to find a balance.

They are professionals. While the sting of such a loss is real, these guys see everything. It's not about emotion, or the alumni (like college). They aren't just playing for the fun of it anymore, though they do love it; the reality is, it's a job. If they can't laugh such a poor performance off and get back to work, they shouldn't be playing in the NFL.

Edited by doogansquest