Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Enough Of This Nonsense That Whalen Shouldn't Be On The Roster

presto123

Houston does only have 5 int's on the year on defense

Turnovers doesn't necessarily define how well a team's defense plays all year though. can still have one of the best defense's and not be a middle of the pack or best turnover team in the NFL. a lot of their games have been decided by 7 points or less. its more their offense that has hurt them.  

What I like is the past two weeks other WRs have stepped up and made plays besides Hilton.  That's what we have been needing.  Even if it's not the same guy every week as long as someone steps up we are in good shape.

All of the receivers need to step up, the Colts obviously don't have a clear #1 or #2. Hilton at best is a #3 but the Colts are forced to treat him like a #1. Hilton has had a couple of nice games but it is very clear he is not even close to being ready to be that #1.

After watching the game it wss as i figured on that missed pass. Overthrown. Whalen was good at blocking and getting in defenders ways in crossing routes to open up TY. On the luck Int, whalen was wide open to the corner. Had his defender beat. Luck didnt read that well at all. Whalen could have such better games if Luck looked his way more.

He's earned the right to be the starting slot WR for the rest of the year. Whalen had a great game yesterday and got open alot vs Dolphins and Texans, Luck just overthrows him. Chemistry has to get better between the two. I said this weeks ago that Whalen could be a 60 rec, 600-700, 5TD a year type WR, not great but it's good considering all the weapons Luck will have next year.