Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Texans Game Day Thread

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the time out called by the Colts on the Texans' last drive of the half.  After the TO, everything went pretty much as favorably as possible for the Colts.  The Texans threw an incomplete pass on 3rd down and then punted on 4th down.  Then the Colts took a knee to end the half.  I don't have a problem with taking a knee to end the half with only 7 seconds left, but what was the point of the time out other than to give the Texans more time to mount a successful drive?

I don't understand the time out called by the Colts on the Texans' last drive of the half.  After the TO, everything went pretty much as favorably as possible for the Colts.  The Texans threw an incomplete pass on 3rd down and then punted on 4th down.  Then the Colts took a knee to end the half.  I don't have a problem with taking a knee to end the half with only 7 seconds left, but what was the point of the time out other than to give the Texans more time to mount a successful drive?

Not able to watch today.

Perhaps a personnel issue on the field?

Just a guess.

I don't understand the time out called by the Colts on the Texans' last drive of the half. After the TO, everything went pretty much as favorably as possible for the Colts. The Texans threw an incomplete pass on 3rd down and then punted on 4th down. Then the Colts took a knee to end the half. I don't have a problem with taking a knee to end the half with only 7 seconds left, but what was the point of the time out other than to give the Texans more time to mount a successful drive?

I was also thinking that, but I believe it was to have a chance at a punt return. Anything can happen on a punt return...
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• 3 Bests:   1. Quenton Nelson (OG) - this should be a run away and a no brainer. He redefined our O.Line and gave it attitude. The guy is an all-pro and will go down as one of the best OG's of all-time if he plays 10 years or so.   2. Darius Leonard (LB) - same draft, the guy has way overachieved already, some were saying he would be a bust and was one of the worst picks in the draft. The guy is flat out awesome, with a capital A!   3. Jonathan Taylor (RB) - Ballard flat out nailed this one! Some in here were saying the guy reminds him of Trent Richardson during the 1st half of the season, you know who you are  . This guy has the potential to be an all-time great. He reminds me of Henry in a lot of ways, his power and speed are unreal.   3 Worsts - a lot of this is where they were drafted as well:   1. Ben Banogu (LB) - in his 2 year career he has produced only 2.5 sacks, only 9 solo tackles, and only 1 fumble recovery in 25 games. For a 2nd Round pick at 49 that is bad.   2. Tarell Basham (DE) - he only played 16 games in a Colts uniform before being traded to the Jets. It was a wasted 3rd Round pick at #80  . He had 2 sacks and only 6 solo tackles in his brief Colts career.   3. Quincy Wilson (CB) - in 29 games with the Colts, he just looked lost. His play was bad. He did have 2 INT's and 48 solo tackles so I have him 3rd worst. For a 2nd Round pick at #46, he was very disappointing.  
    • How so?      One of those articles is by the Washington Post?
    • I have us winning on opening day, we usually don't but I do. I really don't have a good reason for it other than I think catching Seattle early is good and being at home are reasons.   Early line in Vegas has us at a 2.5 point favorite which basically means they think the game is even. Usually when the visiting team is a 2.5/3 point underdog that means they see it as even. The home team usually gets 3 points. 
    • Favorites: Michael Pittman Jordan Wilkins Jacob Eason Quenton Nelson Malik Hooker   Least:  Julian Blackmon Ben Banogu Tyquan Lewis Kemoko Turay
    • He's gonna wear 79 if anyone cares
  • Members