Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Turmoil in Texas

• 3 weeks later...

Texas right now, is the most hated team in the Big 12..They got their exclusive TV station, and all these other situations (I can't think right now.sorry or i'd elaborate),,But basically they are the main reason Nebraska, Tex A&M, Missouri and Colorado left the Big 12...I've been sick for the past couple days, so I really can't lok it up, do a search on Texas and the exclusive TV deal, and the money they get.

In olden days that would be the dream job..not now..this guy Strong hopefully can change it around, but its going to take a long time..

wanted to add that to keep the conversation going..I'll elaborate more in a couple days when I can shake this bug...When I get sick it hits me worse and longer due to m anti-rejection meds that lower my immunity..

The TV deal is $300 million for 20 years.  And piggybacking of TY's post, the UT Longhorns are the most lucrative college program, even though their main sports (football and men's basketball) aren't really that good.

http://www.businessinsider.com/texas-longhorns-how-the-richest-school-in-college-sports-makes-and-spends-its-millions-2013-9?op=1

(The above link is from 2011 numbers, but you get the idea)

As for Charlie Strong...no idea since I haven't seen UL play since I was in college 6 years ago.  I wish him luck though