Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

i think he can the man at Center for the colts . he athletic , pretty good at pass pro and run blocking and decent footwork and technique is 2nd-3rd rounder on most boards

Given that we just used a 3 and a 4 last year on the interior OL, and one of those picks was for a Center,  I don't think you can use one of our two high picks this year on another center who may, or may not pan out...

If we're going to upgrade the o-line, I think we need to grab veteran free agents, who are experienced and known quantities...

Without a 1 and a 4 in this year's draft,  that would be my preference....

Good player but i don't think Grigson will draft any rookie o-linemen until Cherilus contract is up in 3 years. If Holmes don't pan out will go after Mack or De la Puente.

Your point may be that we won't draft any projected starters for the O-line until Cherilus is up, but we will draft O-line for development, probably, in each of the next 3 years.  I doubt we use our 2nd rounder this year on O-line, but rd. 3 and after are fair game.

Dont think you can go much wrong with the C's in the class. just depends on what u want a mauler or a technician type of guy. 

i really like weston richburg from colorado state and tyler larsen from utah state both should be avaliable in the middle rounds of the draft. 

Given that we just used a 3 and a 4 last year on the interior OL, and one of those picks was for a Center,  I don't think you can use one of our two high picks this year on another center who may, or may not pan out...

If we're going to upgrade the o-line, I think we need to grab veteran free agents, who are experienced and known quantities...

Without a 1 and a 4 in this year's draft,  that would be my preference....

It all comes down to what can be done in the FA. A center has to be top priority, but I wouldn't be surprised if Grigson was in the market for a guard as well.

I doubt that anyone has been won over by what Thornton has done so far. He has been tossed around like a rag doll several times (spare me the lecture about having to learn how to play in the NFL), so if a top prospect is available in the 3rd round in the draft, a very likely scenario, why not pull the trigger.