Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Montori's Move

unitaswestand

I know it was just one play.  But there was one play when Montori used a swim move and shot past the center like a jungle cat.  So it was nice to see that he really does have the quickness they talked about.  For awhile there, he looked like just a big guy who played too high.  Hopefully he is the Da'Rick of the defense.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Give these guys some time who know maybe they will end up being star players on this team.

I have full faith that Pagano and company are doing everything they can to develop these guys and get them in the best possible situation to succeed.  Look no further than Rogers for evidence of that.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Can't wait to see what he becomes

He's a physical freak.  If it all comes together, he could be a real star player.  Time will tell.  After how our coaches handled building up Rogers, I have a lot of hope that Montori can have the same breakout eventually.

With both moala and Mathews as FAs he will play a lot next year so will Holmes after we cut satale

Perhaps my favorite post/thought of the month. The idea of those 3 getting the He double L out of here is Pure Bliss.

Don`t know the numbers for this season but I think it is similar to last, we played more 4 man front than 3 last season.

How about 40+ % of Chapp & Montori together stuffing the gut? I am all for it. Together they could STUFF it AND get some MUCH NEEDED push. Let`s do that TOMORROW!!!!

I know it was just one play.  But there was one play when Montori used a swim move and shot past the center like a jungle cat.  So it was nice to see that he really does have the quickness they talked about.  For awhile there, he looked like just a big guy who played too high.  Hopefully he is the Da'Rick of the defense.

It really wasn't just one play. There was the one that you mentioned, but he had three or four other plays, not quite as spectacular, but still giving a glimpse of what he can do. He has really quick and strong hands, his footwork is solid, and he's carrying a load. He's also hard to move off the ball. 

He looks like he's coming on.  Again, Grigson seemed to draft a project draft class and late in the year we are seeing signs that a couple of them, Hughes and Werner are starting to get it.  That should be expected.  We might get our first look at Holmes Sunday and see what he can do.  Thornton has been over his head most of the year but the plan was not for him to start that soon so hopefully it pays off for him down the road.  I would encourage fans to stay a little patient and not be so quick to write off this draft class as a bust. 

He looks like he's coming on.  Again, Grigson seemed to draft a project draft class and late in the year we are seeing signs that a couple of them, Hughes and Werner are starting to get it.  That should be expected.  We might get our first look at Holmes Sunday and see what he can do.  Thornton has been over his head most of the year but the plan was not for him to start that soon so hopefully it pays off for him down the road.  I would encourage fans to stay a little patient and not be so quick to write off this draft class as a bust. 

Good luck with that. It's all about snapshots when it comes to grading a draft class, at least on the Internet.

It really wasn't just one play. There was the one that you mentioned, but he had three or four other plays, not quite as spectacular, but still giving a glimpse of what he can do. He has really quick and strong hands, his footwork is solid, and he's carrying a load. He's also hard to move off the ball. 

Good observation. I will have to go back and watch some of his other plays to see the ones you are talking about.  He seems to have all the ability in the world.

I do like how Grigson has taken some changes on players with big upside.  If they can be coached up, stay out of trouble, and learn from the veterans like Mathis and Wayne, it could be real good.  It is unlikely they all hit, but imagine Montori, Da'Rick, and Adongo playing to their potential.  

I do like how Grigson has taken some changes on players with big upside. If they can be coached up, stay out of trouble, and learn from the veterans like Mathis and Wayne, it could be real good. It is unlikely they all hit, but imagine Montori, Da'Rick, and Adongo playing to their potential.

If it works out that saves us a lot of money for a few years

I think Montori is coming along pretty good.  With the guys we have right now, all the money we will have for FA next year

and the draft we should have a very scary team next year on both sides of the ball.  I've got real Super Bowl aspirations next

year.  Don't get me wrong I have them this year also, but I think next year I will be highly dissapointed if we don't get there.

He looks like he's coming on. Again, Grigson seemed to draft a project draft class and late in the year we are seeing signs that a couple of them, Hughes and Werner are starting to get it. That should be expected. We might get our first look at Holmes Sunday and see what he can do. Thornton has been over his head most of the year but the plan was not for him to start that soon so hopefully it pays off for him down the road. I would encourage fans to stay a little patient and not be so quick to write off this draft class as a bust.

Nope, Khaled Holmes won't start Sunday. He maybe active though just in case *knocks on wood*

@CraigKColts: Pagano: McGlynn at C, Reitz at RG, Thornton at LG.

Nope, Khaled Holmes won't start Sunday. He maybe active though just in case *knocks on wood*

@CraigKColts: Pagano: McGlynn at C, Reitz at RG, Thornton at LG.

Crap, wish they kept Reitz at lg and Thorton at rg. Although maybe since Thorton had been playing lg they want to keep him there. Willing to bet we have a much better line. Sad that it takes satele to get hurt to out him where he belongs. On the bench.

Crap, wish they kept Reitz at lg and Thorton at rg. Although maybe since Thorton had been playing lg they want to keep him there. Willing to bet we have a much better line. Sad that it takes satele to get hurt to out him where he belongs. On the bench.

Yep, that's our coaching staff for you