Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any Chance

SLILLINGTON10

In light of DHB benching, we can turn DHB into just a DB? Think about it, he is tall, fast, strong, and every ball thrown into his area is almost always incomplete. Sounds like a pro bowl cb to me. Any thoughts?

Actually, we could use him as a 3rd down and long OLB. With his speed, he could definitely beat the tackle and get to the QB.

While a lot of people are quick to shut down the idea, it has been done many times in the past (mostly be Belichick).  He's had Troy Brown play DB, I believe he's had Julian Edelman play DB (and in the Super Bowl too!), and he commonly lined Mike Vrabel up at TE.  Of course every situation is different and it depends on many factors, but having a WR play some DB isn't unheard of.  With all that said, however, I don't think it would work.

While a lot of people are quick to shut down the idea, it has been done many times in the past (mostly be Belichick). He's had Troy Brown play DB, I believe he's had Julian Edelman play DB (and in the Super Bowl too!), and he commonly lined Mike Vrabel up at TE. Of course every situation is different and it depends on many factors, but having a WR play some DB isn't unheard of. With all that said, however, I don't think it would work.

many times? Really?

It is a foolish idea and should not be encouraged.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Why? Turning receivers into defensive players happens all the time in the NFL. Just off the top of my head, I can name...

.... Well, there's Troy Brown, and ...

I'll get back to you on that...

The biggest reason it's a flawed idea is beacause DHB has a real problem with his route running being fluid.  He doesn't turn his hips into his breaks and cuts like a good WR should be able to.  That would be augmented with droping back into coverage as a CB or Safety.  His speed won't make up for his inability to turn his hips fast enough, and get downfield.

The biggest reason it's a flawed idea is beacause DHB has a real problem with his route running being fluid.  He doesn't turn his hips into his breaks and cuts like a good WR should be able to.  That would be augmented with droping back into coverage as a CB or Safety.  His speed won't make up for his inability to turn his hips fast enough, and get downfield.

That's the biggest reason the idea is flawed?

Oooookay...

In light of DHB benching, we can turn DHB into just a DB? Think about it, he is tall, fast, strong, and every ball thrown into his area is almost always incomplete. Sounds like a pro bowl cb to me. Any thoughts?

Really!! I was going to post the same thing but I was thinking FS the ball would be in front of him and he would not have to track it. also he would not have to catch it just knock it down. I really wish they would consider trying him out there

I have no problems debating the topic - it's FAR from the silliest we get in a given day, but those coming down too harshly on the OP should consider the fact that he may have had his tongue somewhat in his cheek.

I can't be the only one who find's the backhanded compliment:

"every ball thrown into his area is almost always incomplete. Sounds like a pro bowl cb to me."

quite funny.

I have no problems debating the topic - it's FAR from the silliest we get in a given day, but those coming down too harshly on the OP should consider the fact that he may have had his tongue somewhat in his cheek.

I can't be the only one who find's the backhanded compliment:

"every ball thrown into his area is almost always incomplete. Sounds like a pro bowl cb to me."

quite funny.

It was somewhat of a half joke. However, I can't help but feel DHBs time as an NFL WR is coming to an end fairly soon. The man has too many god given gifts to let it go to waste, so why not at least try?

Really!! I was going to post the same thing but I was thinking FS the ball would be in front of him and he would not have to track it. also he would not have to catch it just knock it down. I really wish they would consider trying him out there

In our defense, our FS is relied on to make too many tackles. i don't know if he has that kind of ability.

lol yeah learn a completely new position halfway into your career

Halfway over? he is failed to play WR on two teams and one team had a very good QB, it is not a stretch to see him not getting another chance to play wr. Also, if i may point out that coach pagano use to be a DB coach so he might be able to facilitate the transition.

While a lot of people are quick to shut down the idea, it has been done many times in the past (mostly be Belichick).  He's had Troy Brown play DB, I believe he's had Julian Edelman play DB (and in the Super Bowl too!), and he commonly lined Mike Vrabel up at TE.  Of course every situation is different and it depends on many factors, but having a WR play some DB isn't unheard of.  With all that said, however, I don't think it would work.

I think it might be a little more common to see a DB play WR, Patrick Peterson, Devin Hester, and if i remember correctly deon sanders. Still don't see why we don't at least try, 3 million is a lot to pay for a guy to do nothing.

My guess is that Darius-Heyward Bey will turn to Darius-Heyward Byebye after the season.

I can't see how he doesn't go byebye if he somehow sticks around he will be at the bottom of our WRs depth chart and play for vet minimum.  If we do keep him however I will be a little disappointed yea the Colts could find a way to utltize what he can do well but I would rather find a WR to take his roster spot that could do multiple things well.

I can't see how he doesn't go byebye if he somehow sticks around he will be at the bottom of our WRs depth chart and play for vet minimum.  If we do keep him however I will be a little disappointed yea the Colts could find a way to utltize what he can do well but I would rather find a WR to take his roster spot that could do multiple things well.

This is his drop rate in percentage. I didn't expected him being stellar, but he is the most unsure-handed WR this season by far.

I think a more capable WR will take his spot.

he should

Why is that? Is it because he has only coached 17 games from the sidelines for the Colts? So really he has just coached a lil over a seasons worth now. Is it because we didn't win our division? We could win every game in our division know how many other teams are 4-0 in their division? There are 4 teams that are undefeated so far in their division us,Cowboys, Broncos and Saints and division games are always tough. Just not sure if I understand why Pagano needs fired.  He could probably improve but then again so could a lot of the players.

Why is that? Is it because he has only coached 17 games from the sidelines for the Colts? So really he has just coached a lil over a seasons worth now. Is it because we didn't win our division? We could win every game in our division know how many other teams are 4-0 in their division? There are 4 teams that are undefeated so far in their division us,Cowboys, Broncos and Saints and division games are always tough. Just not sure if I understand why Pagano needs fired.  He could probably improve but then again so could a lot of the players.

arians stepped in with no experience,less talent and did better job--------right now who would you rather have?

arians stepped in with no experience,less talent and did better job--------right now who would you rather have?

Right now I would rather have Pagano.  People are complaining that Pep isn't using the existing talent to its strengths and that he's forcing a system on the team without having the proper personnel to do so.  Arians did the exact same thing with his vertical passing attack behind a make shift offensive line.  

Speaking of the offense and you claiming that Arians did better with less talent....Arians had Reggie Wayne for the full 16 games.  That alone is a huge difference.  He also had Dwayne Allen for a full 16 games.  I would also venture to say he had more stability on the OL than we have had this year.  The OL last year may have been less talented but they weren't getting shuffled around as much as this year as far as I can remember and someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Finally, it's impossible to say at this point that Arians did more than Pagano because as of now the Colts could still match last year's record.  If the Colts win out and go 11-5 this year then Pagano matches Arians' record and he does so without Dwayne Allen, Vick Ballard, and Reggie Wayne.