Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Former Colts players that were considered busts/ not good while here

#87WayneFanHe'sTheMan

Some that I can think of off the top of my head are

Jerry Hughes (good year so far but jury still out)

Tim Jennings (Just got awarded a new contract with the Bears)

Jeremy Ross (Saw this guy at training camp and he wasn't terrible but wasn't good, appears to be a pretty darn good SP player for the Lions though)

Mostly I started this because of the play of Jeremy Ross recently. Anyways who are some other players who were considered busts here or that they just were not good?

Mike pollack sucked here and is doing pretty good in cincy on the oline.

He was doing better and better each year.  There was some real improvement in his play with each season.  It was a bummer to see him go.  Two guys we let go that stick out in my mind are Ryan Lilja and Jake Scott.  Scott left and became a starter on a Tennessee OL that helped CJ reach 2000 yards.  Lilja left and became a starter on a Kansas City OL that helped Jamaal Charles reach over 5.0 ypc.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Some that I can think of off the top of my head are

Jerry Hughes (good year so far but jury still out)

Tim Jennings (Just got awarded a new contract with the Bears)

Jeremy Ross (Saw this guy at training camp and he wasn't terrible but wasn't good, appears to be a pretty darn good SP player for the Lions though)

Mostly I started this because of the play of Jeremy Ross recently. Anyways who are some other players who were considered busts here or that they just were not good?

Peyton Manning....haha I kid.

Seeing how good Tim Jennings is for the Bears blows my mind.  They play the same type of cover 2 defense we played at the time too.  

The difference is how it is played. Jennings was made to play way off of receivers here. That wasn't the player, that was coaching. :D

He was doing better and better each year.  There was some real improvement in his play with each season.  It was a bummer to see him go.  Two guys we let go that stick out in my mind are Ryan Lilja and Jake Scott.  Scott left and became a starter on a Tennessee OL that helped CJ reach 2000 yards.  Lilja left and became a starter on a Kansas City OL that helped Jamaal Charles reach over 5.0 ypc.

just maybe bill polian wasn't as bad at finding offensive line talent as people here think. his biggest problem was who he resigned, who he didn't, and the amount of money spent on them. finding talent wasn't a problem with him.

just maybe bill polian wasn't as bad at finding offensive line talent as people here think. his biggest problem was who he resigned, who he didn't, and the amount of money spent on them. finding talent wasn't a problem with him.

Polian came out and said that his biggest weakness was evaluating OL talent, so even he knows that was (one of) his faults.  Finding talent in general wasn't an issue, but his OL evaluations were poor and his money management was brutal.  I don't know why he was always so fond of making players the highest paid at their position in the league.  I think we made Bob Sanders the highest paid safety, Freeney the highest paid defensive player, Peyton the highest paid QB, and my gut tells me Clark as the highest paid TE at some point

Seeing how good Tim Jennings is for the Bears blows my mind. They play the same type of cover 2 defense we played at the time too.

Coaching, and I don't feel any angst towards Caldwell. He was just thrown into a position he wasn't ready for.

Irsay should have went and got a head coach and GM instead of letting Dungy and Polian give their jobs away.

He's just a back up for Cinncinati. He only played against the Colts because Kevin Zeitler was injured.

Polian came out and said that his biggest weakness was evaluating OL talent, so even he knows that was (one of) his faults.  Finding talent in general wasn't an issue, but his OL evaluations were poor and his money management was brutal.  I don't know why he was always so fond of making players the highest paid at their position in the league.  I think we made Bob Sanders the highest paid safety, Freeney the highest paid defensive player, Peyton the highest paid QB, and my gut tells me Clark as the highest paid TE at some point

Worse than that, he made Kelvin Hayden the 4th highest paid CB.

I dont remember him at all. Did he ever get carries with the colts ?

Don't think so was active in 1 game and then waived.

Indianapolis Colts[edit]

Brown was claimed off waivers by the Indianapolis Colts on October 18, 2010. Brown was moved to the Colts active roster on November 6, 2010, then waived on November 9, 2010. Brown did not amass any statistics in his only game with the Colts, a 26-24 road loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on November 7, 2010.[4]

Don't think so was active in 1 game and then waived.

Indianapolis Colts[edit]

Brown was claimed off waivers by the Indianapolis Colts on October 18, 2010. Brown was moved to the Colts active roster on November 6, 2010, then waived on November 9, 2010. Brown did not amass any statistics in his only game with the Colts, a 26-24 road loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on November 7, 2010.[4]

Thanks... I think I just found the same as you posted this. 

Jerry Hughes....Pierre Garcon....While no one here looked to say he was a bust Garcon did take a lot of flack....some of it deserved....Most of it not.....Turns out we could really use him right about now(Hughes to)....Not worth the money he got though I agree

i  knew someone would bring up that quote. i have a feeling that was something he said following tony ugoh not working out to counteract the bad press. if you look at all his ol picks and the rounds they were made, they really weren't that bad. most were late round picks that you can't expect to be starters.

as far as the second part, i have been saying ever since he re-signed those players and i believe irsay was a big part in it.

Has Jerry Hughes really been that good in Buffalo?

Probowl?? no.  

but every time i turn on a Bills game, I notice Hughes on about every defensive play.  He seems to be a pretty good pass rushing OLB. 

It is hard not to think that if we would have kept him, he would be an improvement on Werner (for now) and we could have used our 1st rounder on another position...

Probowl?? no.  

but every time i turn on a Bills game, I notice Hughes on about every defensive play.  He seems to be a pretty good pass rushing OLB. 

It is hard not to think that if we would have kept him, he would be an improvement on Werner (for now) and we could have used our 1st rounder on another position...

again it on coaching