Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good article about Da'Rick Rogers from ESPN.

Dustin

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamLoloJones

stub·born
ˈstəbərn/
adjective
adjective: stubborn
  1. 1.
    having or showing dogged determination not to change one's attitude or position on something, esp. in spite of good arguments or reasons to do so.

Can you look me up the definition of "negative Nancy"?

Guest TeamLoloJones

All this Rogers talk is good but im expecting big things from Hilton in these next games.  He should go back in the slot with the emergence of Rogers on the outside.  

Hilton will still be outside.  Hilton is not a slot receiver.  He's a WR who occasionally lines up in the slot.  But Hilton will not be seeing as much double teaming, and rolling coverages, because of Rogers.  In fact, I think teams will soon be forced to double up on Rogers, and Hilton will be single covered all game long...which means Hilton will shine.

Hilton will still be outside.  Hilton is not a slot receiver.  He's a WR who occasionally lines up in the slot.  But Hilton will not be seeing as much double teaming, and rolling coverages, because of Rogers.  In fact, I think teams will soon be forced to double up on Rogers, and Hilton will be single covered all game long...which means Hilton will shine.

Hilton made his living in the slot last year.  He was thrown into the number x,y receiver spot due to the Reggie Wayne Injury, but nevertheless I expect big things from TY due to teams doubling Rogers.  

Guest TeamLoloJones

Hilton made his living in the slot last year.  He was thrown into the number x,y receiver spot due to the Reggie Wayne Injury, but nevertheless I expect big things from TY due to teams doubling Rogers.  

My point was I wouldn't pigeon-hole Hilton as a slot guy.  He has the skills to line up anywhere on the field.  Rogers fits the outside WR mold better because he's so strong, and good at beating the press.  Rogers 69 yard TD was when he was in the slot, with Brown lined up out wide.  We need to keep moving guys all over the field and try to get mismatches.  Hopefully Brazill keeps getting better, and then our WR corps all of sudden looks pretty impressive.

My point was I wouldn't pigeon-hole Hilton as a slot guy.  He has the skills to line up anywhere on the field.  Rogers fits the outside WR mold better because he's so strong, and good at beating the press.  Rogers 69 yard TD was when he was in the slot, with Brown lined up out wide.  We need to keep moving guys all over the field and try to get mismatches.  Hopefully Brazill keeps getting better, and then our WR corps all of sudden looks pretty impressive.

I would rather have Rogers and Brazil Outside.  Imo The last few games I was looking for Ty to prove to me he can really play on the outside and he's drawn all the coverage and shown little to nothing, i don't mind them all moving around but for the most part i believe his skills should be utilized in the slot to be most effective at this point in his career (just my opinion).  

Guest TeamLoloJones

I would rather have Rogers and Brazil Outside.  Imo The last few games I was looking for Ty to prove to me he can really play on the outside and he's drawn all the coverage and shown little to nothing, i don't mind them all moving around but for the most part i believe his skills should be utilized in the slot to be most effective at this point in his career (just my opinion).  

All I'm saying is you don't want to just put a guy in the slot and leave him there.  The best offenses have their players playing all over the field.  If you keep people in the same positions, it makes it easier on the defense.

Reggie was in the slot more than Hilton

All I'm saying is you don't want to just put a guy in the slot and leave him there.  The best offenses have their players playing all over the field.  If you keep people in the same positions, it makes it easier on the defense.

Exactly IMO it is 1 of the reasons that Wayne has done so well on the Andrew Luck Colts team. If Wayne could only play on the outside and wasn't able to perform in the slot at his age I don't think he could put up such big numbers.

Just found this tweet.

George Bremer @gmbremer 3m

Da'Rick Rogers on taking his second career reception 69 yards for a TD: "It feels like it did in my dreams." #Colts

I really hope he keeps this attitude as he has more success with the Colts. With Reggie as his mentor I think he is in good hands because as much as Wayne is a future HOFer he acts very down to earth.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Just found this tweet.

George Bremer @gmbremer 3m

Da'Rick Rogers on taking his second career reception 69 yards for a TD: "It feels like it did in my dreams." #Colts

I really hope he keeps this attitude as he has more success with the Colts. With Reggie as his mentor I think he is in good hands because as much as Wayne is a future HOFer he acts very down to earth.

Don't forget about Andrew.  I've never seen a kid have such a bright future and be so grounded at the same time.

Guest TeamLoloJones
Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 12, 2013 - response to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, December 12, 2013 - response to removed post

Racist slave reference IMO

First of all it's strange that you say that after liking my comment.  Then add the fact that he gets paid handsomely for his efforts, and can walk away from the team whenever he wants.  Comparing what I said to slavery is ridiculous.

Not even close buddy, regardless Reggie can be effective anywhere on the field.  Ty hasn't fully developed yet.

Reggie worked from the slot 62% of the time under Arians

And TY was only in the slot 26% of the time before Reggie was injured

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 12, 2013 - reference to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, December 12, 2013 - reference to removed post

First of all it's strange that you say that after liking my comment.  Then add the fact that he gets paid handsomely for his efforts, and can walk away from the team whenever he wants.  Comparing what I said to slavery is ridiculous.

Sarcasm bro

Guest TeamLoloJones

Sarcasm bro

Claiming in jest that another poster made a racist comment is not something I would recommend.

Claiming in jest that another poster made a racist comment is not something I would recommend.

i wouldn't say that. Depends on how funny it is.
Guest TeamLoloJones

i wouldn't say that. Depends on how funny it is.

Well his wasn't funny...so that settles that.

Who cares what you recommend, get over it and have an open mind. Also, look on any other message board on the internets. You'll find this "joke" is a meme.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Who cares what you recommend, get over it and have an open mind. Also, look on any other message board on the internets. You'll find this "joke" is a meme.

Man your horrific drudgery is even worse. Seriously, get over yourself

You are the one who made a horrible joke about slavery.  Don't get mad at me for not liking it, and use a little more common sense when you post.

Reggie worked from the slot 62% of the time under Arians

And TY was only in the slot 26% of the time before Reggie was injured

Numbers don't lie, you guys got me but..... But against the Texans Hilton was in the slot on 50 percent of the routes he ran. He was targeted 36 percent of the time there, and 43 percent of his seven catches came from the slot. Hilton was in the slot for two of his three touchdown catches.  Im trying to find the stats for TY 2013 slot statistics.  

You are the one who made a horrible joke about slavery.  Don't get mad at me for not liking it, and use a little more common sense when you post.

I did not make a joke on slavery. You've got your semantics confused my man. But again, get over yourself.