Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I cant find a video/gif of Jeff Triplette hitting Orlando Brown with the flag.

ReMeDy

orlando-brown-eye-injury_display_image.j

^That's all I can come up with. I was hunting it down to show a co-worker, until I realized I can't find it! It's not on YouTube, or anywhere else. I guarantee it had to have been on YouTube in some capacity. Any national blooper, no matter how small, should be there. The NFL is known for deleting YouTube videos of game-day footage, so it makes me wonder if this is their way of sweeping it under the rug.

I don't know what authority Mr. Triplette has, but his authority must be more powerful than I imagined.

This happened back in early 2000, before youtube, facebook, and all the social media stuff.  The internet was growing then, but it's a far cry from what it was then.  So you'll probably never find one unless someone who recorded the game decides to make a GIF out of it or it is shown again sometime in the future.  Which, I haven't heard or seen anything regarding it pretty much since it happened.  Even then, I dno't remember there actually being any good footage of it.

I found a screenshot of it, but yea I guess you're right. I'm kind of shocked though. The year 2000 feels like only yesterday to me. The NFL must have been harsher on Internet videos back in the day. Only other thing I found is Orlando Brown having to be held back by his teammates:

lg_brown_ap_01.jpg

Triplett hasn't aged one bit. It's funny though; I found footage of a college player getting hit by a flag, but oh no, cant find one of Triplette. No sir. They even make mention of Orlando Brown in the video about the flag costing him his career, but they don't mention Triplette.

orlando-brown-eye-injury_display_image.j

^That's all I can come up with. I was hunting it down to show a co-worker, until I realized I can't find it! It's not on YouTube, or anywhere else. I guarantee it had to have been on YouTube in some capacity. Any national blooper, no matter how small, should be there. The NFL is known for deleting YouTube videos of game-day footage, so it makes me wonder if this is their way of sweeping it under the rug.

I don't know what authority Mr. Triplette has, but his authority must be more powerful than I imagined.

brown smashed him to the ground a little while after he did it. That was awesome