Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Imagine This Scenario...

Blue Horseshoe

I wish people could grasp that this horror show is exactly what the Colts needed to get another ring with Manning. Op is right, we're headed for a dramatic turnaround. Caldwell and Coyer were mistakes, easily corrected IMO. Chris Polian is taking the reigns, and just look at how promising his picks were this year at the bottom of the rounds. Nevis, Carter, Stonzo....these are good picks. Even Ijalana looks promising once he gets time.

Chris has outperformed his old man in the draft, I expect him to do the same in regard to FA. I look for the Colts to stop trying to reinvent the wheel and get away from the UDFA policy.

Chins up Colts fans.

I wish people could grasp that this horror show is exactly what the Colts needed to get another ring with Manning. Op is right, we're headed for a dramatic turnaround. Caldwell and Coyer were mistakes, easily corrected IMO. Chris Polian is taking the reigns, and just look at how promising his picks were this year at the bottom of the rounds. Nevis, Carter, Stonzo....these are good picks. Even Ijalana looks promising once he gets time.

Chris has outperformed his old man in the draft, I expect him to do the same in regard to FA. I look for the Colts to stop trying to reinvent the wheel and get away from the UDFA policy.

Chins up Colts fans.

I wouldn't keep giving Chris all of the credit of the draft picks. The picks seemed obvious after going 10-6 the previous season.

with peyton back, i think are offense would be back to its old self.

We can very well much be in the super bowl next season, if we can make a hard play on defence THIS OFF SEASON!!!!

we need to jump in the FA pool and grab some sure vets that can help are defence out now.

I wouldn't keep giving Chris all of the credit of the draft picks. The picks seemed obvious after going 10-6 the previous season.

All the credit? no. But the picks were good and many things happened to signify a philosophy change, including a more aggressive stance toward the FA market.

Manning playing does not change the fact that this defense is horrible. Throw in the fact that the Colts coaching staff stinks and I'd say pipe dream.

True, Manning will not improve the quality of the defense. What he can do, however, and what he has done for years, is to keep them off the field. Even if our defense was average, it would be tough for them to slow anyone down with the offense being wholly ineffective and going three and out so many times.

Lol the colts are who they are with manning.. a good team in the regular season but a bad one on the playoffs... the colts would not be suffering that much but the team would still be bad.

True nuff.

In my estimation our issues on defense are simple to fix. A revamped secondary devoid of UDFA's and a coach that brings the wood with a fitting scheme. A base 4-3 look is what is needed, not this "made for Manning" fetal position crap we've been leaning on. Our D-line needs more skill from a depth perspective, but the starters when healthy are looking good. Our LB's also need depth, but again, we look good there to as far as starters are concerned. We have the players (minus CB's) to play a base 4-3.