Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alshon Jeffery

ColtsBlueFL

Are you kidding. Thomas and Decker? White and Jones

I would say they're the best as well. Decker has never really impressed me and Thomas hasn't ever stood out to me among other good receivers. White seems like a product of the system and Jones is very very talented and impressive but he is hurt for this year.

Decker is a product of Peyton for the most part. White is not what he use to be. What makes Jeffery and Marshall special is they actually use their big bodies to help catch the ball. Decker never does that and Thomas is still trying to figure it out.

Why do people refuse to give Decker any credit? He isn't elite, but he's pretty damn good.

Why do people refuse to give Decker any credit? He isn't elite, but he pretty damn good.

Yup. He's big, strong and fast. But my god, i don't think ive ever seen a WR beg for more calls then this guy.

Everytime a pass thrown toward him is incomplete he throws his hands in the air lol

Yup. He's big, strong and fast. But my god, i don't think ive ever seen a WR beg for more calls then this guy.

Everytime a pass thrown toward him is incomplete he throws his hands in the air lol

Yeah, I pointed out his whining after the Colts beat the Broncos. It's annoying, but that's the in thing to do now for wide receivers.

This is true, but lately I've been seeing more and more WRs throw their hands up asking for a flag.  Excluding the bears.

I would say they're the best as well. Decker has never really impressed me and Thomas hasn't ever stood out to me among other good receivers. White seems like a product of the system and Jones is very very talented and impressive but he is hurt for this year.

Decker is a product of Peyton for the most part. White is not what he use to be. What makes Jeffery and Marshall special is they actually use their big bodies to help catch the ball. Decker never does that and Thomas is still trying to figure it out.

who ever says Decker is average didn't watch his 4 td performance vs the chiefs

who ever says Decker is average didn't watch his 4 td performance vs the chiefs

Nick Foles threw 7 touchdowns and I still feel like he's average. He has potential but at this moment I find him average. I also never said Decker was average. I just said he never really stuck out to me. He has some skills but I imagine he must love that teams overlook him considering he has Thomas and Welker to draw coverage and Julius Thomas coming into his own removes even more attention from Decker.

Are you kidding. Thomas and Decker? White and Jones

They are doing it with a guy that wasn't even in the league last year correct??? Wasn't he coaching HS football. These guys make impossible catches look routine and are both beasts. When you can make a backup qb look like a franchise guy you KNOW your good. Lets be honest...the guys you mentioned are great...but these guys make their QB look great!

They are doing it with a guy that wasn't even in the league last year correct??? Wasn't he coaching HS football. These guys make impossible catches look routine and are both beasts. When you can make a backup qb look like a franchise guy you KNOW your good. Lets be honest...the guys you mentioned are great...but these guys make their QB look great!

Mcclown is a veteran backup not some undrafted rookie

Hopefully Da'Rick can end up like him, they have Similar measurables, such as height, weight, speed, vertical etc.

That guy has hands like 10 1/2 inches and Rogers has not been said to have as good of hands as this guy coming out of school. The rest as you say is very similar and Rogers prob has a better vertical

Mcclown is a veteran backup not some undrafted rookie

Was he or wasn't he out of the league coaching HS football? Didn't say he wasn't untalented though.

http://jeremydayblog.wordpress.com/2013/12/10/why-love-sports-josh-mccown/

Whatever the case they don't have the first overall pick in the draft Matt Ryan or Peyton Manning throwing to them....and their stats are off the charts!!!

Was he or wasn't he out of the league coaching HS football? Didn't say he wasn't untalented though.

http://jeremydayblog.wordpress.com/2013/12/10/why-love-sports-josh-mccown/

Whatever the case they don't have the first overall pick in the draft Matt Ryan or Peyton Manning throwing to them....and their stats are off the charts!!!

Taking nothing away from their wide receivers, but Trestman can work wonders with a QB.

The truth is: the new QB is making Alshon a star...

Jay loves Brandon Marshall.

McCown seems to have a special connection with Jeffrey

He is definately giving Alshon chances. Lets be honest we have seen Alshon start to take over games the same way Brandon has in years past. Two weeks in a row we have seen catch of the year nominations from Alshon...in fact by the end of the year he may be his own competition for play of the year. His numbers are off the charts and so are Brandon's. McCown has been great but he mostly just throws it up and says make a play on it. Obviously these two guys have allowed him to keep the team in the playoff hunt. You can't even consider Jones and White who didn't even play one game together this season nor has either really performed. Decker and Thomas could very well be one of the best combos but I have to say I have a hard time seeing this when Peyton Manning is throwing to them compared to a back up qb and neither have shown the ability to dominate a game like Marshall or Jefferies. I know this is just my opinion but those two have just set themselves apart from others.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Brillant catch. that wr duo is the best in the league

Hopefully a year from now, we will be saying that about Hilton and Rogers.

Wasn't there a poster here two years ago who's username was "Draft Alshon Jeffrey?" I think of that guy every week this kid picks up steam, lol...

He's loaded with potential. That WR combo could well be the league's best. 

Coming out he had weight issues and the knock was he couldn't get separation. He has kept the weight down and well...he doesn't need separation to go up and get it. He seems to have hands like a pitt bulls bite....not getting that ball away. Great pick by them....he has come along very very well.

Yup. Would have loved to have him as coordinator. He was obviously holding out for a head job, and he's doing a good job right now.

Heck, I would have loved him as our HC. I can't help but think that Bears offensive system would look so good on us. I don't mind having a motivational coach like Pagano, so long as he has X and O's guru's as his coordinators... If I had my wish though, our head coach would be more of a strategist in the mold of Trestmann