Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

an Epidemic Of Of field Problems

bayone

]No, less than 3 NFL players involved in assults / lawsuits or other charges this weekend

Posted by bayone on July 6, 2011 at 11:00amView My Blog

see my 3 forum threads in around the league

BUT THIS IS AN EPIDEMIC & POSTED ALL 3 TO SHOW THINGS ARE GETTING OUT OF HAND & PLAYERS HAVE TO MUCH DISTRACTIONS WITHOUT A CBA & FORMAL STRUCTURE

Chargers Lorenzo Neal arrested for DUI

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ba6lf

Lawsuit claims Britt punched man in the head repeatedly

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ba6ln

Packers underwood arrested

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ba6lc

Meh, these things happen through the season as well. It is nothing different. Only downside is they are not actively involved in practice and busy with their jobs. Epidemic, hardly. It's simply foolish players doing what foolish players do.

The Freeney's, Wayne's, Mathis's, Manning's, etc. are seldom if ever seen or written about doing stupid things like this.

No, less than 3 NFL players involved in assults / lawsuits or other charges this weekend

Well, all I can say is idle hands can be dangerous tools. These guys have too much time on their hands, and they're all 'men of action' otherwise they wouldn't be football players. Too much time with nothing to keep them occupied isn't a good thing.

95% of legal problems this off season has involved kenny britt.

Yeah, Kenny has shown a great ability to self destruct, over and over again.

Heh. Goodell may suspend Britt for a full year once this lock-out is over. Is this guy stupid?

QTF. And a big YES!

They always say idle hands are the devils playground and these guys have to much money and to much time on their hands.

I will never get the guys who get busted for DUI. Do you guys not have any friends to come get you? You also have money so just rent a limo or town car for the night. Then again if Colts players use a DD in Indiana now they could still get a DUI even though they are doing the right thing thanks to our moronic Supreme Court.

I once read (sorry I don't remember where it was to provide a link) that the NFL has a service they provide to their players at no charge for a ride home if they are intoxicated. Which makes these types of situations beyond stupid.

Not worth risking a career over the lack of making one phone call.

I once read (sorry I don't remember where it was to provide a link) that the NFL has a service they provide to their players at no charge for a ride home if they are intoxicated. Which makes these types of situations beyond stupid.

Not worth risking a career over the lack of making one phone call.

not sure if was Nfl or individual teams but know i read once something quite similar, there is also something called a taxi or in their case a limo

Too many players with too much money, too much time on their hands and too little good sense to stay out of trouble.

That is the issue, but, it happens to a lot of players. Some of it could easily be avoided it the players in question used a little more common sense.