BlueCollarColts

Rogers future  

173 members have voted

1. 1. How good will Rogers be?

• Out of the league soon
    • Decent back-up
    • Average starter
    • #1 receiver

Just a little prediction thread, so Da'Rick Rogers, after his 1st start (Not sure if he really started, but he was our 2nd receiver, since we only started out with 1 in the game) finished with 6 rec 107 yards and 2 TD's. We knew he had talent, the measurables (6'3 220, 4.5 speed, 40 inch vertical) so my question to everybody, how good do you predict Rogers will be, not how good CAN he be, but how good WILL he be?

he is good and he makes trent catch more passes, defenders are keying on Rodgers and forgetting about trent out of the backfield

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope he continues to improve.  He can have a profound effect on our playoff changes.  Every since Wayne was hurt, the offensive disappeared.  If Rogers can emerge as a viable threat, it can put us back into being a bit more balanced.  He is nice to see a receiver with some size on our team that can play.

he is good and he makes trent catch more passes, defenders are keying on Rodgers and forgetting about trent out of the backfield

If he's the star you think , let's spell the guy's mane right. Unlike A Rodgers , he has no "d" in his Rogers.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 9, 2013 - squabble
Hidden by Nadine, December 9, 2013 - squabble

If he's the star you think , let's spell the guy's mane right. Unlike A Rodgers , he has no "d" in his Rogers.

my bad, thought this was a colts forum, did not know it a was high school grammer class and you were the teacher. I will study before I post next time and have a prof check it for me.

my bad, thought this was a colts forum, did not know it a was high school grammer class and you were the teacher. I will study before I post next time and have a prof check it for me.

Got some bad diaper rash ? BTW... when you spell a person's name wrong , it's not a question of grammer. 

Easily the greatest WR to ever play the game....... He's going to be like a combination of Jerry Rice, Megatron, Bo Jackson, Reggie White, Jeff Saturday, Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck.

Da'Rick Rogers will be the first WR to ever call the plays in the huddle and make the audibles at the line

Sorry, I couldn't pass up the irony of this comment

If I was spelling a players name wrong , I would have no problem with someone giving me the correct spelling. It's a little different than a typo or correcting someone's grammar. I mean that dude might just be in 3rd grade to write something like that.

If I was spelling a players name wrong , I would have no problem with someone giving me the correct spelling. It's a little different than a typo or correcting someone's grammar. I mean that dude might just be in 3rd grade to write something like that.

I was just messing with ya. Just thought it was kind of ironic!

Well lets take a look at his abilities.

1. He's big 

2. He's physical

3. He can get open

4. He's fast

5. He can catch (Can always improve)

6. He's a rookie

IN OTHER WORDS GIVE HIM MORE REPS!

THE COLTS NEVER HAD A BIG PHYSICAL RECEIVER maybe except garçon.  Give Luck some weapons.

DHB and #5 will never be used in a sentence.  Exactly why he needs more snaps than DHB. 

According to some people here, he could be like Jerry Rice.

In all seriousness, if this guy reaches his max potential, he could be a solid #2 in the league. 

If he reaches his "max" potential, he'll be much more than a "solid #2". Kid has great skills, only question has always been his maturity.

You think his max potential is a solid #2? Are we talking about the same Da'Rick Rogers here?

If he reaches his "max" potential, he'll be much more than a "solid #2". Kid has great skills, only question has always been his maturity.

No doubt he has great skills, but I just don't think he has what it takes to be a #1. He didn't prove it in college, and when I look at top notch #1s in the league, he just doesn't match up skill wise against them. 

According to some people here, he could be like Jerry Rice.

In all seriousness, if this guy reaches his max potential, he could be a solid #2 in the league. 

His Max Potential and you give him a "solid" #2 ? Swallow your pride just a little bit and admit that we have somethin special in Da'Rick. You can stop trying to downplay the guy that almost everyone on this forum is excited about, there always has to be that one negative nancy.

In all seriousness, I'm one of the biggest Da'Rick fans out there. And don't get me wrong, I think he has all the potential in the world. He's Da'Real deal. But this was one game, in which we had to pass around play keep up. And he did a great job when he had his opportunities. But let's see him do it again and then consistently before we make factual statements about how good he will be. But he MIGHT be the greatest WR of all time one a couple years.

i liked his effort, had good burst of speed from the snap, great separation, caught almost every ball tht went his way, shedded a tackle for his 69 yrd touchdown, he definately gave someone we can rely on and if he keeps it up i can see him being are number 1 easily, now lets also hope that brazil can keep doing what hes done this game as well and we wont even have t draft a wr this year just in free agency for depth, vet experince, whihc would be nice, doubtful but nice.

No doubt he has great skills, but I just don't think he has what it takes to be a #1. He didn't prove it in college, and when I look at top notch #1s in the league, he just doesn't match up skill wise against them.

He did prove it in college. In his sophomore year, he had 1,000 yards and 9 TD as the no.1 with Matt Simms as his qb. He also led the SEC in receptions with 67. Again, he was a true sophomore.

Thank God that you are not a scout for the Colts, we would be missing out on some major talent for sure due to your poor evaluating skills in talent. Seriously? What about him doesnt match up skill wise with anyone of the top WRs in the game? Actually nvm i dont wanna argue with someone as closed minded as you.

You said "max" potential though. He has great speed, great size, and great hands. Some analysts said last yr. he was the best receiver in the class but his past problems and maturity was a huge risk. I look at max potential as doing everything his skills allows him to do and he has every bit as much skills as most #1 receivers in the league and you can't teach his size.

His Max Potential and you give him a "solid" #2 ? Swallow your pride just a little bit and admit that we have somethin special in Da'Rick. You can stop trying to downplay the guy that almost everyone on this forum is excited about, there always has to be that one negative nancy.

How is being a solid #2 a bad thing? When I think of solid #1s I think of guys like Marques Colston, Vincent Jackson and Torrey Smith. 

I don't think Rogers can be like those guys, but I do think he has a future in the league and he could be a future 1000 yard receiver.

I'm not being negative at all.

Lol, that's a ridiculous statement.

Its not a ridiculous statement though, we are talking about his max potential, the best he could possibly be. He has 4.5 speed, 6'3 220, and has a 40 inch vertical, not to mention he has good hands. Its not like he is a terrible route runner, and he is only a rookie. What is keeping him from being a top 5 receiver in your opinion? What does he lack talent wise that a Dez Bryant or a Josh Gordon have?

Thank God that you are not a scout for the Colts, we would be missing out on some major talent for sure due to your poor evaluating skills in talent. Seriously? What about him doesnt match up skill wise with anyone of the top WRs in the game? Actually nvm i dont wanna argue with someone as closed minded as you.

Ouch Stoney, I said this guy isn't a future #1 receiver in the league and suddenly I'm "closed minded" and a "poor evaluator".

Give me a break. I think he has great potential in this league. 

In all seriousness, I'm one of the biggest Da'Rick fans out there. And don't get me wrong, I think he has all the potential in the world. He's Da'Real deal. But this was one game, in which we had to pass around play keep up. And he did a great job when he had his opportunities. But let's see him do it again and then consistently before we make factual statements about how good he will be. But he MIGHT be the greatest WR of all time one a couple years.

Youre a fun guy to have around and this is a good Rogers post. Da'Rick has potential.

Lets not forget Cincinnati is one of the best defenses going and Rogers put up solid numbers againat them (6 catches, over 100 yards, 2 TDs). If he can do that against a good defense in Cincy, he can do it against anybody. The question is consistency. He was good today, but can he do it next week vs a reeling Texans squad? Or more importantly, the week after against the vaunted KC defense?

He still has a great deal to prove. This was a great first step, and could be looked back at in hindsight as his coming out party.

Its not a ridiculous statement though, we are talking about his max potential, the best he could possibly be. He has 4.5 speed, 6'3 220, and has a 40 inch vertical, not to mention he has good hands. Its not like he is a terrible route runner, and he is only a rookie. What is keeping him from being a top 5 receiver in your opinion? What does he lack talent wise that a Dez Bryant or a Josh Gordon have?

For starters, there isn't a lot of evidence out there on him. By that, I mean he's had production in one NFL game and one good season in college (D1 college). If you want to look at his measurables and his measurable only, there are plenty of guys out there with similar or better measurables. I don't just look at that.

I don't see the same consistency as Bryant or those top 3 guys in terms of route running (he's not a very good one at all), and he has some issues getting away from DBs (in college). Those are his 2 main ones. No doubt he's talented. 

For starters, there isn't a lot of evidence out there on him. By that, I mean he's had production in one NFL game and one good season in college (D1 college). If you want to look at his measurables and his measurable only, there are plenty of guys out there with similar or better measurables. I don't just look at that.

I don't see the same consistency as Bryant or those top 3 guys in terms of route running (he's not a very good one a I t all), and he has some issues getting away from DBs (in college). Those are his 2 main ones. No doubt he's talented. 

He must of not have had that much trouble in college getting away from DBs considering he was one of the top receivers in the SEC..I understand there isn't a lot of evidence on him, but all I am saying is, if Rogers were to become the best receiver he could possibly become, I guarantee you that would be better than a "solid" #2. I don't see what a Dez Bryant has that Rogers doesn't, remember you can teach route running

I don't see the same consistency as Bryant or those top 3 guys in terms of route running (he's not a very good one at all), and he has some issues getting away from DBs (in college). Those are his 2 main ones. No doubt he's talented. 

You do know he played 2 yrs. at Tenn. before he transferred....Right??? He led the SEC in his sophomore yr. in receptions and yds. named all SEC 1st team. Was considered one of the top WR's in the country till he screwed up and got suspended. I don't know who you watched if you watched Rogers college highlights, but he absolutely dominated the lower competition in D1. Maybe you watched the wrong guy. I don't know, but to say he's a bad route runner and struggled against DB's in college, you didn't see the same guy every one else did.

He must of not have had that much trouble in college getting away from DBs considering he was one of the top receivers in the SEC..I understand there isn't a lot of evidence on him, but all I am saying is, if Rogers were to become the best receiver he could possibly become, I guarantee you that would be better than a "solid" #2. I don't see what a Dez Bryant has that Rogers doesn't, remember you can teach route running

Based on that logic, anyone could be as good as Bryant and that's not the case. 

You do know he played 2 yrs. at Tenn. before he transferred....Right??? He led the SEC in his sophomore yr. in receptions and yds. named all SEC 1st team. Was considered one of the top WR's in the country till he screwed up and got suspended. I don't know who you watched if you watched Rogers college highlights, but he absolutely dominated the lower competition in D1. Maybe you watched the wrong guy. I don't know, but to say he's a bad route runner and struggled against DB's in college, you didn't see the same guy every one else did.

He destroyed lower level competition but didn't do that well against higher level competition. Teams like LSU, Florida, Alabama and South Carolina all held him in check and he did not perform well against them.

I did watch him at Tenn Tech and he performed extremely well there too. 

I watched Da'Rick Rogers. 

I don't know why people think I'm crapping on him. I liked him coming out of college and I for one thought his off the field issues were a bit overblown. I just don't think he can be that top 10 #1 guy in the league. Is that so crazy to say?

He destroyed lower level competition but didn't do that well against higher level competition. Teams like LSU, Florida, Alabama and South Carolina all held him in check and he did not perform well against them.

I did watch him at Tenn Tech and he performed extremely well there. 

I watched Da'Rick Rogers. 

I don't know why people think I'm crapping on him. I liked him coming out of college and I for one thought his off the field issues were a bit overblown. I just don't think he can be that top 10 #1 guy in the league. Is that so crazy to say?

Obviously, after one good game we can all tell he's going to be a top 10 #1 guy. I don't get why you can't see it?

Sarcasm, just FYI.