Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South Champions 2013

snkdy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I don't understand the beatdown of the coaches today.  Man for Man, the Bengals are better than us.  Dalton has 5 very big and fast targets to throw to, they have a big o-line, and a very good defense.  I expected the Bengals to win.

But one positive I see is the emergence of Da'Rick and LeVon.  I think the biggest reason the Colts start slow is Luck has nobody to throw to.  I expect a more aggressive offense going forward.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 9, 2013 - talking about another member
Hidden by Nadine, December 9, 2013 - talking about another member

You're right.  I'm sure you're getting tired of complaining about our team, it has to be tiring for you.

The Bengals are pretty close to Indy.  They'd welcome you as a fan.

What good does it do to have someone on ignore if you go and quote them? ;)

36 and counting!

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 9, 2013 - talking about another member
Hidden by Nadine, December 9, 2013 - talking about another member

What good does it do to have someone on ignore if you go and quote them? ;)

36 and counting!

Sorry about that!  Misery loves company.  Join me!

Again, think back to the Saints game during the 2011 season.  If during that game someone told there was no way to get around the Colts cutting Peyton Manning it was going to happen but they would make the playoffs the next two seasons and win the division the second one I think just about everyone would have signed up for it in a heart beat. 

Think back to last year and our goal was for the team to win the division this year to the point that fans of other teams scoffed at the idea it could happen. 

So winning the division is a major milestone. 

I keep saying I look at any winning the Colts do threw really next year as an added bonus.  Despite what people will say this wasn't the plan for the Colts to be this good this soon.  Had it been Manning would have been kept.  Even Irsay said himself a couple of weeks ago he didn't think the Colts would be this good this soon. 

So we are going to the playoffs and getting a home game, enjoy it.  Anything can happen in the playoffs.  If the Colts receivers make strides like they did today and the defense comes around a little bit anything could happen.  Sure it's not likely but hey that's why we love the NFL so much crazy stuff happens all the time.  Worst case we go one and done and Luck gets to chalk a little more experience under his belt with the rest of the young guys.  That can only help us for the future.   

I can't feel that posative, i think this team has done an absolutely horrible job of overpaying for poor players, wasting a 1st round pick on a running back and hiring a guy who is out of his depth as an NFL OC.

Take out Luck and this is one of the worst teams in the NFL, that's just the reality, this is just the same old soft Colts with a horrible defense who can't run the ball the coaching staff just haven't accepted it yet.

Apart from lucking into a good talent at QB most of the other decisions made in personnel and hiring of staff have been downright poor.

I totally agree with everything you said. This team is just not good with these coaches.

Well without them we were 2-14 with them we have made the playoffs two years in a row (minus Pep for a year of it) and won the division the second year when despite what they are calling it they are making over the roster with some major injuries that for some reason our fans refuse to acknowledge. 

reggie torn acl college, allen foot problems since college

So Reggie plays a nearly injury free NFL career to this point for what 13 years and he tears his ACL on a freak play and I am supposed to believe he's injury prone?  Give me a break he was the NFL ironman at WR going into that game.  He hadn't missed so much as a game since the "playoffs game" by Mora he was anything but injury prone.