Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rest everyone who is banged up?

ricker182

Well, yes, obviously.

We have some specific issues to work out that are more important than just straight-up trying to win games. Working on getting consistency from the receiver group is a high priority, and making sure Luck is comfortable spreading the ball around between Fleener, Hilton, Rogers, and Brazill. Continuing to work Richardson into the passing game is a big deal too. We need Toler to get healthy, were statistically much better with him in. Not that we need to push him to get back, but it would be nice to have him back for a couple games before the playoffs just to get the secondary on the same page. And, obviously, people who are banged up should rest.

We've had so many injuries that we really should just treat this like 3 weeks of preseason, and figure out who we want where when we get into the playoffs. It'd be nice to win games, sure, it'd be nicer to have a plan for facing Kansas City in the wild card round.

Everyone in the NFL is banged up.  You only rest injured players at this point.

Absolutely no to resting Luck - he has to establish continuity with Rogers and Brazil.  

Agreed with this. I say we "try different things" in the upcoming games. We have nothing to gain or lose. Anyway Colts are 2013 AFC South Champions! Let's get the Lombardi boys!

Agreed with this. I say we "try different things" in the upcoming games. We have nothing to gain or lose. Anyway Colts are 2013 AFC South Champions! Let's get the Lombardi boys!

Yeah, I'd like to see Rogers and Brazil get a lot more looks.  Maybe keep Reitz at G and give Holmes a few series.  I know we want to build continuity in the OLine, but we really have nothing to lose.

Werner looks like he's starting to come around.  We have to figure out a way to get some pressure on the QB.  We make every QB we play look like they're all pro.

Assuming the Broncos are going to win against Tenn, should we just rest everyone who has any type of injury?  

I don't see us getting a higher seed now and I'm not talking about not trying to win games. 

Thoughts? Would Pagano ever do this?

This team needs to start playing better but I would say better to error on the safe side as far as injured players go.

Yeah, I'd like to see Rogers and Brazil get a lot more looks.  Maybe keep Reitz at G and give Holmes a few series.  I know we want to build continuity in the OLine, but we really have nothing to lose.

Werner looks like he's starting to come around.  We have to figure out a way to get some pressure on the QB.  We make every QB we play look like they're all pro.

I thought Pagano was a real good defensive guy that could scheme a bit of a pass rush. I guess just call me disappointed on that one. Maybe I'm a hard butt but coaching is a bit more than all that ra ra stuff .

I thought Pagano was a real good defensive guy that could scheme a bit of a pass rush. I guess just call me disappointed on that one. Maybe I'm a hard butt but coaching is a bit more than all that ra ra stuff .

Do we ever blitz? I feel like I haven't seen any. I don't see any stunts either. Maybe someone with more football knowledge could explain why? I know our scheme doesn't really support an impressive pass rush, but we have to have something.

Do we ever blitz? I feel like I haven't seen any. I don't see any stunts either. Maybe someone with more football knowledge could explain why? I know our scheme doesn't really support an impressive pass rush, but we have to have something.

To me this started with the "build the D to stop the run first" philosophy.  Yes, stopping the run is important, but stopping the pass is more important.  Mathis isn't going to be around forever, Werner needs to come on and we need to find another pass rusher.  Maybe Adongo will surprise us?

We did blitz quite a few times in this game.  Most of them kind of ineffective.  I'm so tired of every QB we face feasting on us.  It's like they all suddenly get possessed by the ghost of Johnny Unitas.