Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kerry Collins Will Start Next Game

chad72

Collins will not start, the colts season is over, Kerry Collins was brought in to try and manage this team to a playoff berth, and now that we are 0-7 the colts are in the mode of checking there inventory. They are going to be looking at what they have in house and going to be playing a lot of young players, and painter is one of them.

haha. the decisions he's made the past 5yrs plus this year awesome start. yeah, that ship has sailed.

In that span (ie: since 2006), we've made two Super Bowls. How many other teams have done that? One, the Steelers. And like us this year, they too have missed the playoffs.

Can't say their decision making has been that bad. If it's so terrible, we wouldn't have gotten anywhere during that stretch.

I'm not saying there isn't work that needs to be done, but seriously...

Edited by doogansquest

In that span (ie: since 2006), we've made two Super Bowls. How many other teams have done that? One, the Steelers. And like us this year, they too have missed the playoffs.

Can't say their decision making has been that bad. If it's so terrible, we wouldn't have gotten anywhere during that stretch.

Dont compare the colts to the steelers mate, the colts have no defense, saints might as well have been playing against dummies.

haha. the decisions he's made the past 5yrs plus this year awesome start. yeah, that ship has sailed.

Well all that being said... he actually said painter will start the rest of the season so if that changes then i guess fans can actually put it in writing.

Dont compare the colts to the steelers mate, the colts have no defense, saints might as well have been playing against dummies.

True, their D has never been built to rely on Big Ben or their running game to give them a lead, it is built to actually keep someone from scoring and as long as they have their mastermind Dick LeBeau, they will be adapting on D - whether it is a running or passing league. Yes, they miss the playoffs too but by going 8-8 or close to that, not 0-16 or anywhere close to that in embarrassing style.

Edited by chad72

True, their D has never been built to rely on Big Ben or their running game to give them a lead, it is built to actually keep someone from scoring and as long as they have their mastermind Dick LeBeau, they will be adapting on D - whether it is a running or passing league. Yes, they miss the playoffs too but by going 8-8 or close to that, not 0-16 or anywhere close to that in embarrassing style.

It could very well be one of the most embarrassing 0-16's in the history of the league... granted it hasnt happened yet and i wont believe it till it does.. but i would not put money on that.

It could very well be one of the most embarrassing 0-16's in the history of the league... granted it hasnt happened yet and i wont believe it till it does.. but i would not put money on that.

1-15 or 2-14 is just as embarrassing for a team maxed to the cap as it is right now, a far cry from the 7-9 to 9-7 I thought we were capable of when the season started.

Edited by chad72

1-15 or 2-14 is just as embarrassing for a team maxed to the cap as it is right now, a far cry from the 7-9 to 9-7 I thought we were capable of when the season started.

The colts very well could get a win against the titans next week cause the titans look like smelly chocolate.. but that being said, i was not ready for this type of season.. definitely caught me by surprise.

The colts very well could get a win against the titans next week cause the titans look like smelly chocolate.. but that being said, i was not ready for this type of season.. definitely caught me by surprise.

If we could not beat the Browns or Chiefs at home, we may earn some brownie points for keeping it close but the end result will be the same, I am afraid vs the Titans.

Edited by chad72

If we could not beat the Browns or Chiefs at home, we may earn some brownie points for keeping it close but the end result will be the same, I am afraid vs the Titans.

If the colts lose against the titans then, it will be official that they will go 0-16.... i use to be able to say after a loss the colts will bounce back but not tonight.. definitely not tonight.

The first SB I can say was a team effort, but WE ALL know why we made it to the last one and WE ALL know why we lost that one.

If the Titans are smelly chocolate, what are we?

It doesn't matter who is the QB --- all of three of them are bad and have no business starting for an NFL team.

To win -- on a regular basis --- with any of them, would require a good D and the ability to run the ball on a consistent basis.

The Colts lack both of those things.

As such, they will have a # of 3 and outs when they get the ball, and then the D will be overexposed and give up a lot of yards/points....especially against a very good offense like the Saints.

Peyton covered up the coaches mistakes and poor coaching. Without Peyton they are shown to be what they are HS coaches at a professional level.

I'd say its as much the Colts front office philosophy as it is the decisions.

Because many of our roster decisions were hostage to the "pass-first / build a lead / protect the lead" formula that, yes, worked very well up to the SB win.... but would require impeccable roster management thru the draft or free agency in replacing whatever key pieces needed replacing since then.

Unfortunately.... the quality replacement of LT Tarik Glenn and LG Jake Scott never took place. And as we've commiserated many times....we've never come close to definitively solving the DT problem.

Polian catches alot of he-l-l these days...and we should hold him accountable for some of the team's decline and this year's stunning exposure. But even more than his decisions, such as a string of 1st round draft picks that went south, which can happen to any GM....is the underlying philosophy that bet way too many chips on Peyton Manning's health when it came to the roster as a whole....and his ability to cover up so many weaknesses. Far more than any NFL QB should.

The building of an NFL defense should ideally have nothing to do with the anticipated point production OR the style on the team's offense. Our defense does....almost entirely.

So now....we are Metropolis without Superman.

Well, at this point, Collins couldn't do any worse than they did losing 7-62.

I hope collins comes in and gets his head ripped of and done for the year painter needs all the reps he can get cuz face it if manning is able to play again and i mean IF the colts will keep painter just like the did with sorgi