Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worst Team Ever In Indy Era?

PreManningColtsFan

I sent a message similar to this on a few weeks back. Now that we are actually playing some very potent offensive teams, I have a feeling we may give that "91 squad a run for the money. This team is bad fellow fans. Real bad. I knew that Peyton covered up a lot, but never realized it was this much. From a time of possession standpoint, this game reminds me of the Dolphins game a few years back when we still won yet only had the ball like 17 minutes (that's an educated guess). We actually won. With 4 minutes left in this game, we've held the ball for 18 minutes and are down 55 points. I realize you can't compare the Saints and the Dolphins offenses, but you have to wonder how many points we'd be down with Peyton tonight. Also, obviously a bad defense isn't anything new. We've always had one and we've done nothing about it. If anything, we've digressed.

It's one game against one of the best teams in the NFC. They have a great QB and we have a crap pass defense. The 91 team was the worse

No, this has been consistantly one of the worst defenses ever assembled over a period of time. Historically bad against the run FOR YEARS, lack of depth and outside of a Bethea/Freeney/Mathis there is a true lack of TALENT and EXPERIENCE. Manning has been carrying this team for a long time, and Polian and company have been along for the ride, riding his coattails while taking in all of the accolades of being a "GM genius". The man does not know defensive talent, period. And his track record over the last 4-5 years in the high rounds is looking very pathetic. His defense "built to play with the lead" needs to leave town with him and get somebody in here who can build a defense that trys to stop the other squad from scoring no matter the situation, you know what a defense is supposed to do.

The '91 team was bad, I do believe that was when "Lord, Help our Colts" was born, but the situation is completely different. That team was known to be bad, this team has alot of highly paid pro bowl talent still suiting up outside of Manning that should have mustered at least one stinking win in the softest portion of the schedule. 0-16 is a very real possibilty, and that alone states all that needs to be stated about the genius Bill Polian's "team" building skills.

Let us all hope Irsay gets off twitter and starts focusing on this train wreck of a team he has and find out why it has gotten to this point and then FIX IT. Waiting for Manning to return is not the answer, addressing the supposed "talent" on this roster assembled by Polian to help who is now without question the GOAT QB compete for rings is where the investigating should begin and end.

that 91 team was the most talentless team in NFL history.Anthony Johnson and Reggie Langhorne were the best players on the team if I remember right.I don't think people realize how close they came to being 0 and 16 for the first time in history.They beat the Jet's on a last second FG by 1 point.

that 91 team was the most talentless team in NFL history.Anthony Johnson and Reggie Langhorne were the best players on the team if I remember right.I don't think people realize how close they came to being 0 and 16 for the first time in history.They beat the Jet's on a last second FG by 1 point.

lol,i was at that game.Miserable weather day,verdin returned the kick i was going nuts.Jet fan's wanted to jump me.