Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Would Manning Want To Come Back To This Team? (Merge)

nsurg

yea peyton aint going anywhere, Andrew Luck cant do anything for this team either... not like this lol... forget him and build that defense because it is their biggest problem... NO PUNTS WHATSOEVER FROM THE SAINTS????

Dude ive never even laid a smack down like what we got last night on the cpu in madden

Why don't we trade manning away and get maybe a 3rd round pick, free up the cap and get andrew luck, suck for another yr or 2 rebuilding from the o-line and d-line, get younger talents, and come back for another good decade?

You're joking...right? LOL Manning for a 3rd round pick! Carson Palmer just got traded for 2 1st round picks...

It's a good thing Peyton doesn't read forums like these that call for him to be traded. If he did, he may not want to come back and play for such a fickle fan base. Manning is the face of this franchise. To trade him would be like the Broncos trading Elway or the Dolphins trading Marino. It's just wrong to think about him playing for another team.

You're joking...right? LOL Manning for a 3rd round pick! Carson Palmer just got traded for 2 1st round picks...

I suggested to trade him for a couple of 1st round picks but got burnt by people, and many of them said we could not get any trade value from a 35 yr old QB.

I suggested to trade him for a couple of 1st round picks but got burnt by people, and many of them said we could not get any trade value from a 35 yr old QB.

Manning could easily fetch a 1st round pick and more but I get your point

I feel bad for Manning, he could probably leave the Colts and end up on a real team like the Jets that are lacking a QB and win a title easier than it would be here in Indy.

Manning could easily fetch a 1st round pick and more but I get your point

I feel bad for Manning, he could probably leave the Colts and end up on a real team like the Jets that are lacking a QB and win a title easier than it would be here in Indy.

Finally somebody understands my point ^_^

I also think this team does not need Manning. This team needs multiple draft picks much more. Manning can just make up for the Colts. More younger talents can eventually save the Colts.

Edited by tonychen

I also think this team does not need Manning. This team needs multiple draft picks much more. Manning can just make up for the Colts. More younger talents can eventually save the Colts.

The team does not need manning?Yea that's why were 7-0 oops 0-7.Have you watched a game this year?

Yeah, Peyton Manning is the last thing the Colts need. Derp.

The team does not need manning?Yea that's why were 7-0 oops 0-7.Have you watched a game this year?

Sure if Manning comes back the team could marginally make the playoff given how bad this division is. But as a team you know he is the least of the problems that need to be addressed. Every part of the team needs lots of work.

Yeah, Peyton Manning is the last thing the Colts need. Derp.

This thing is like treating cancer. Manning is like a medicine that may get it under control and let the patient live for another couple of years, while to cure the patient there should be a surgery and radiation therapy, which may be painful and invasive but would give a better chance to cure it.

Edited by tonychen

This thing is like treating cancer. Manning is like a medicine that may get it under control and let the patient live for another couple of years, while to cure the patient there should be a surgery and radiation therapy, which may be painful and invasive but would give a better chance to cure it.

So, a bunch of unproven college players is the answer? A lot of people on here act like a draft pick automatically translates into a player that will be a consistent producer. That usually isn't the case. The league is full of first round draft picks that don't contribute while guys taken in the fourth round or later blossom into contributors. Manning is a proven commodity, and he is the best in the business. It would be ill-advised to trade away one of the best, if not the best, QB of all-time in order to draft a couple of college linebackers or defensive backs.

Even so, if you want more draft picks, trading away the first pick will get you more draft picks in return than Manning will.

Edited by KyFan18

So, a bunch of unproven college players is the answer? A lot of people on here act like a draft pick automatically translates into a player that will be a consistent producer. That usually isn't the case. The league is full of first round draft picks that don't contribute while guys taken in the fourth round or later blossom into contributors. Manning is a proven commodity, and he is the best in the business. It would be ill-advised to trade away one of the best, if not the best, QB of all-time in order to draft a couple of college linebackers or defensive backs.

Even so, if you want more draft picks, trading away the first pick will get you more draft picks in return than Manning will.

The #1 pick is the #1 for reasons. Peyton Manning was a #1 pick because he was that good. Generally picking at #1 gives you less chance to miss, just like why people are always drafting AP at #1 in fantasy football, it does not mean he will automatically become the top runner every year. He is just reliable and gonna be who people think he is.

I suggest building the team from draft partly because football is a very physical sports. Injury and time wear plays out quickly. No matter how good Peyton Manning is, he has only about 4 yrs left. Of course you can trade your draft picks for proven players, and go build a "dream team" like the Eagles. Hope it works better.

And dont forget every great player was once a rookie, an "unproven college player".

Sorry, just have to ask it, I've been thinking it for the past 4 games... I've often felt sorry for a high-end college qb who gets drafted high 1st round to a terrible team where they he is doomed to underachieve and potentially have a shorter career. This is different, but a valid question.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still behind the colts and paying $$$ for nfl ticket to watch every game, but doesn't anybody feel a bit sorry for manning if he does come back to this? I think it's becoming clear that he could be the best qb of all time, but returning to a team anywhere similar to this one won't help his legacy (sure, they could be better without injuries). Brady returned to a team that was 11-5 with Cassel, which is a somewhat-valid comparison. Painter is not playing horrible, just average, and the team still can't win. Not fair.

I'll remain a colts fan even if Manning never takes another snap in the NFL, but I have so much respect for Manning that I feel bad if his talents are anything close to wasted with a poor team even for a few years. Plus it can't be more than a few years that he plays if he returns, so why not build with the colts and let manning play for a killer team? It will never happen that he's traded, obviously.

I think Manning will be back and play on a high level, but I'm just torn with this season's full exposure of the team.

I personally hope for mannings sake that he doesnt have to come back to this train wreck team all of u can bash me all u want but this team is on a downward spin and they wont come out for some time with mnning this team is at best an 8-8 team.For manings sake and legacy i hope he gets dropped by the colts and picked up by the ravens lol or 49ers someone with a run game/defense

Sorry, just have to ask it, I've been thinking it for the past 4 games... I've often felt sorry for a high-end college qb who gets drafted high 1st round to a terrible team where they he is doomed to underachieve and potentially have a shorter career. This is different, but a valid question.

The reason high-end college QB's go to horrible teams is because those teams are drafting high. It actually makes perfect sense.

Their careers aren't shortened; in fact, quite the opposite. The organization typically builds around that QB to maximize said player's talents for the longest stretch of time possible.

A shortened career would be like...oh...I don't know....sitting a mega-talented college QB on the bench for several years, thus cutting into the valuable playing time he could use to develop a successful and storied career. Not that anyone would ever do that with a highly touted 1st overall pick or anything....

Edited by doogansquest

It's a good thing Peyton doesn't read forums like these that call for him to be traded. If he did, he may not want to come back and play for such a fickle fan base. Manning is the face of this franchise. To trade him would be like the Broncos trading Elway or the Dolphins trading Marino. It's just wrong to think about him playing for another team.

I'm fairly certain Manning has the emotional stability to read this forum and not put on his sad face because of what we post here.

It's not like he doesn't get treated like a God whenever he ventures out into Colts country.

As the game was going on last night every cut to Peyton on the sideline and the anguish in his face. All I could think was this going to send him to retirement, because he doesn't deserve to finish his career with the team playing this poorly. Our team needs to show some pride. To all of you who support trading him for draft picks. Stop the madness I still haven't gotten over the pictures of Johnny Unitas playing for the Chargers. He is a Colt and he will retire as a Colt. For goodness sake he is the face of the franchise!

I wish he would be traded to liberate him, not to fix the Colts who he has carried for so long. Can you imagine what this man could have accomplished with a real defense rather than the Island of Misfit Toys he has had to play with all decade long?