Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Saints Post Game Comments (Merge)

jhcutt

Shouldn't the Colts take a defensive player with their first pick regardless of the position in the draft?

No.

As far as I know, there are no top 5 quality defensive picks being heralded right now. We're getting in position for a prime BPA draft pick within the top 3. If Luck gets snatched up by Miami (understand that STL doesn't need a QB), then perhaps a trade off will position us to select 2 of the best defenders in the draft. Jason is the most studied draft guy on this board, maybe he can enlighten us as to whom those players are.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This really saddens me. First Reggie, now Jeff.

I don't like our team being fodder for the media, especially about issues with the team and coaching staff.

I realize there are problems, as we all do. But giving the "talking heads" something else to blow out of proportion is not good for anyone imo.

It don't sadden me at all. Its about time if you ask me. Its obvious to almost everybody that we get outcoached almost every single week. The veterans need to be standing up and telling everybody that will listen that the clown coaching this team is a joke and needs to go.

Of course Caldwell will still have his job, so goodbye I guess? I don't get why fans threaten to stop supporting their team, especially over something so stupid as hating the coach. heck, I know fans of teams who hate their QB, yet they still root for the team week in and week out... Because that's what a fan does.

Did you see the looks on the players faces. I would say the fans are not the only ones in doubt here. Even Jeff Saturday

said on 13 he was going to say we were out coached first, then checked himself and said out played and then outcoached. Coach stare alot has lost this team. imo

I don't blame him a bit. I am sure he spent all of that time negotiating this Summer to get back and be this terrible. Caldwell looks like my five year old if I tried to explain Advanced mathematics. He is out classed. Good for you Jeff. Maybe somebody will take notice and make a change!!

this is blown way out of proportion by the media & fans. i uderstand everyone is upset, but saturday stated the obvious. it's similar to when manning admitted we had protection problems against the steelers in the playoff game 6 years ago, and the media went berserk

The fact that fans and media maybe blowing this out of proportion is good. Though I think frustrations are finally just boiling over now. In any case we all need to continue to "blow it out of proportion" if it helps to get Caldwell out of town faster.

screw the end of the season, I say get caldwell out now all he is going to do is make it much worse the longer he stays in but on the same note i don't know if a change right now would be any better this team was a very sad product of a football team tonight and it wasn't just one thing it was everything so unless we make wholesale changes i don't know how much better we will look in the years to come

Hmmmmmm! sounds familiar.

Did anyone else notice the exchange between Brees and Saturday at the end of the game and they both started laughing pretty good? I wonder what was said...Saturday probably said, you sure you guys don't need a center? lol

yes, i noticed it..... brees initiated the verbage and i think he mentioned something about the lock-out because they both worked on it together and know each other well now. It was probably something like, "well, look at the bright side Jeff, we are at least playing football". or something like that. I bit of humor to take the edge off the 55 point drubbing.

when they scored 55 i laughed and i was rotflmao when they scored 62. it was pathetic it was just bad even tony dungy was like im not going to comment what so ever on this. that is bad. caldwell needs to go and go now. at least with a different head coach we can at least have some type of faith of a win but not with caldwell

When a team gets beat this bad it is because they are demoralized. Peyton looked demoralized too on the sideline. He had looked forward to this game I think, in his home town, etc. Anyway, the team seemed to not even try. I blame Polian and the owner for over the years trying to build a one man team. Had they given Manning what he needed around him, and especially on defense, this team would have five Super Bowls at least.

Also, the coach must be able to inspire during hard times. Two words: Bill Cowher, before he is caught up by someone else.

Edited by mouthofsouth

If I hear one die-hard Saints fan, like my daughter, accuse Manning of slipping off the sidelines last night without shaking a Saints player's hand, I will come unglued. That is what he did, and nobody should blame him. He just saw his beloved team get walloped by the team his Dad played for and that he pulled for all his young life.

Edited by mouthofsouth

please fire jim caldwell today, I want to see it on the cover of NFL.com

JIM CALDWELL HAS BEEN FIRED reported by the indianapolis star today, after 3 seasons of flat out sucking, heres jessi hart on more news on the fireing of jim Caldwell

Favorite Caldwell moment of the night: Reitz signals Saturday to snap it to Painter who isn't ready, Saints recover, AND the Colts get flagged for illegal shift. The camera then shows Caldwell CLAPPING saying "That's alright." Are you kidding me? You had a busted play, a turnover and a flag on the same play. There's nothing "alright" about that.

Favorite Caldwell moment of the night: Reitz signals Saturday to snap it to Painter who isn't ready, Saints recover, AND the Colts get flagged for illegal shift. The camera then shows Caldwell CLAPPING saying "That's alright." Are you kidding me? You had a busted play, a turnover and a flag on the same play. There's nothing "alright" about that.

Noticed that too. Just seemed like something a coach of a pee wee football team would say, not the head coach of a professional NFL football team. It speaks volumes as to where Caldwell is in his mentality, he has no idea what he's doing and is completely clueless on how to deal with professionals.

Clean house. HC, DC, OC, and most importantly Polian. Never fixing the oline, well he tried through the draft, the guy just can't draft lineman, thats why we got everyone from the great lines we had in free agency about 12 years or so back. He also can only draft 1 position on D and thats the defensive end, and that's debatable because Dungy was here for that.

Now he wants Luck, I'm so tired about hearing about Luck, ok lets get another great QB (presumably) and not do anything else for 12-14 years and waste his career away too!!!! Awesome!!!!!

Even the Offense that has been so great over the years has been in decline for sometime now.

The Cover ifuwant 2 scheme clearly isn't working, but what else can we do, this is the worst secondary that has ever taking to the field. Seriously, even if Manning wasn't injured, This is our all in for the year the Superbowl is in Indy???

I think back to the beginning of the season and the team was feeling disrespected because everybody said the Colts are a one man team. I think you can see it in their faces it is starting to sink in that it is true. Next will be how long before there becomes divisions in the locker room. Most importantly is next year when Peyton is back will they have lost any swagger they have had.

And there's the problem. There's no such thing a s a one man team. We are a top tier team but we have not only the worst corners but rookies playing the positions as well. People are scoring at will with the big receivers. Even if "The One Man Team" was out there we are still giving up yards and points every time out. We should have gotten a couple of experienced vets to play CB before the deadline but noooooooo. That front office has put it all on the table for Manning it it's showing. Keeping Gonzo and Sanders around and not getting CBs the last two years? We have a BIG back and we don't use a two back situation. We use to run a great screen play but the second year after Edge we stop doing that. There is no balance on this team or the front office and "The One Man Team" mentality is not going to cut it. Face it! It never did. When we won the SB we had a defense that was balanced. Maybe not the greatest but balanced enough to get the stops. We had an offense that gave you different looks and if you keyed in on the pass we would chk down and EASILY get first downs on third. WE HAD A TEAM! now we have NO BALANCE!

I was one that was saying give CALDWELL a chance but I'm here to say right now, it's time for him to go as well. If you can't for whatever reason demand to get the pieces you need then you shouldn't be the leader.

Clean house. HC, DC, OC, and most importantly Polian. Never fixing the oline, well he tried through the draft, the guy just can't draft lineman, thats why we got everyone from the great lines we had in free agency about 12 years or so back. He also can only draft 1 position on D and thats the defensive end, and that's debatable because Dungy was here for that.

Now he wants Luck, I'm so tired about hearing about Luck, ok lets get another great QB (presumably) and not do anything else for 12-14 years and waste his career away too!!!! Awesome!!!!!

Even the Offense that has been so great over the years has been in decline for sometime now.

The Cover ifuwant 2 scheme clearly isn't working, but what else can we do, this is the worst secondary that has ever taking to the field. Seriously, even if Manning wasn't injured, This is our all in for the year the Superbowl is in Indy???

ABSOLUTELY!

What can anyone say. Its been repeated and repeated. Over and over again. I have never seen such a pathetic display by a professional sports team in my life. Man handled in every way. Only positive thing i saw last night was a guy by the name of Carter rip up some serious yardage all on his own. He fought for every yard he got and earned my respect as well as every other colts fan. Or at least he should have. I watched Manning on the sidelines. A look of disgust and anger. As was the look i had watching the whooping that was put on this team. Everyone was to blame for that loss. If coaches are not fired at the end of this season, it will seal it in my mind that neither Irsay nor Polian gets it. And if they don't get it by the end of this season, they never will.

So they had a bad outing, so you are going to bash an owner and a GM who has produced 2 SB appearances, how many Division titles and how many winning seasons and playoff appearacnes in a row due to 1 bad season? Wow...talk about jumping off the wagon so fast...I knew Colt fans were finiky...but come on lets all calm down, and remember it's just 1 season and in the long run this might be the best thing to happen to this franchise at this point with the age and such. Take a deep breath, walk back from the ledge and relax.

So they had a bad outing, so you are going to bash an owner and a GM who has produced 2 SB appearances, how many Division titles and how many winning seasons and playoff appearacnes in a row due to 1 bad season? Wow...talk about jumping off the wagon so fast...I knew Colt fans were finiky...but come on lets all calm down, and remember it's just 1 season and in the long run this might be the best thing to happen to this franchise at this point with the age and such. Take a deep breath, walk back from the ledge and relax.

Fans have every right to be upset. It's not just one season. This defense has be poor for awhile. It's just becoming more apparent this season. There needs to be changes he is right. If they don't change anything and manning comes back next year we might win some games but won't make the playoffs with this team and coaching.

Fans have every right to be upset. It's not just one season. This defense has be poor for awhile. It's just becoming more apparent this season. There needs to be changes he is right. If they don't change anything and manning comes back next year we might win some games but won't make the playoffs with this team and coaching.

Upset...I guess and the defense has been poor for a long time, but they still won. This is one season, not the 5th in a line of a previous 4 losing seasons. Fans are way over reacting because most here refused to see this team was/is getting old and lacking talent in some key positions. However it appears that all the good the Polians/Irsay have done over the past decade means nothing, not even allowing for 1 bad season. You wait and see, if the Colts do get the No. 1 pick and take Luck, even more fans will go crazy screaming for the Polians to be fired even though taking Luck is the smart move long term.

Upset...I guess and the defense has been poor for a long time, but they still won. This is one season, not the 5th in a line of a previous 4 losing seasons. Fans are way over reacting because most here refused to see this team was/is getting old and lacking talent in some key positions. However it appears that all the good the Polians/Irsay have done over the past decade means nothing, not even allowing for 1 bad season. You wait and see, if the Colts do get the No. 1 pick and take Luck, even more fans will go crazy screaming for the Polians to be fired even though taking Luck is the smart move long term.

I agree, denial.

This franchise has been on the decline for over three years. The previous sucess was due to one, ONE man. It wasn't Polian, it wasn't Caldwell, it wasn't even Dungy. Take a guess, and I'll give you a hint, he's a future hall of fame QB. The past is the past, and if you want to live in it, fine...don't expect other fans to go along.

The object of playing football is to win. Period. You build your team every year to win. We have been going down the toilet now for a while, it's just Peyton prevented a mass flush. Now that Peyton is sidelined, we see the true state of our team. It's not pretty.

When was the last time the Colts made an in game adjustment to counter what the opponet was doing? When was the last time the Colts went into the half with momentum to enter the third quarter anything other than flat? Since Caldwell took over, I cannot think of a single time, can you? The answer is a new coaching staff, new personel on the field, and preferrably changes in the front office as well. Sooner rather than later.

Its not the season thats bad. Its everything about it being bad. The bad is so deep into our organization, that everyone is throwing a fit. Not because of the losses. But because we SEE how the colts handle things year in and year out. We need a DC who will rip into you for fumbling the football. We need a HC who will blow up when he sees something wrong take place on the field. Whether it be a bad flag or what ever. At least do something than stand and stare. We love the Colts, we want the Colts to win. We SEE that our teams talent is wasted by our coaching staff. I can tell you right now, very few ppl on here blame the players for our seasons failure... Because we SEE. What are you looking at? ALL of Peytons Career. Two SB appearances. How many winning seasons? Its no wonder Peyton had to have neck surgery. He's been carrying this team on his shoulders by himself for nearly a decade... One player goes out. One. And your team completely collapses? Pathetic. I don't care what team you are. But when one player goes out like that, rarely will you suck this bad. We have gone from one of the best teams in the NFL. To the worst. Very worst. In the NFL. We lost against the chiefs for crying out loud... Peyton is one guy. It shows how great he is. Not how great Polian is or how great Caldwell is. Or even how great Dungy was. (I love Dungy just like most everybody thats a Colts fan). But how many years of coaching staff and management brilliance come into question right now. Because on paper, this was supposed to be the most talented Colts team we have seen since the move to Indy. Almost everyone was saying it. I said it. You said. He said it she said it. I don't mean to write a book here. But its ridiculous that you can't win one game without Peyton. Not one to this point is pathetic. and its even worse when your own HC, doesn't know how to be a leader. A guy who doesn't have emotion. ppl think we need to hide and control our emotions. Yes, control them. But don't hide them completely. Show that you have passion for the game, my god. If our Coaching staff was great. If our GM was great. If our TEAM is great. You have to prove it, the one year that you have your star injured. Prove you can be great without Peyton, and you are great. Right now all they are doing is proving Peyton has saved their jobs all these years. Great teams (coaching staff and GM included) find a way to win. Great players win games for their teams.

Edited by Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

BREAKING NEWS!

Jim Irsay has filed rape charges against the New Orleans Saints organization.

The report reads "The indianapolis Colts were invited into the home of the New Orleans Saints Sunday night at approximately 8:30 PM. They were just sitting down to dinner when the entire Colts team ingested the drug Rufinol, which was added to the Gatorade drinks provided them by the suspects in question, and subsequently passed out. While unconscious, the Saints proceeded to undress and assualt the Colts brutally, even video taping the incident and broadcasting the assault across national airwaves for the entire nation to witness the dignity robbing vile acts performed upon them. Quarterback Drew Brees was listed as the ringleader, reportedly violating the Colts every orifice while the defensive squad of the Saints held the barely conscious victims down for over 3 hours".

lol......seriously, maybe we should file charges. This was the third biggest blowout in NFL history, spanning a gap of over 70 years.

http://sports.yahoo....slug=ac-7058894

TOO FUNNY. LOL LOVE IT