Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Saints Post Game Comments (Merge)

jhcutt

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One draft will not fix this team. This team needs years of drafting and FA in order to become elite again. I can't see Peyton beating good teams with majority of these players and the coaching staff. Sorry to say, but this season has shut the window for another Peyton SB ring even more.

Right! And strating from last season we only beat his brother but no other elite teams. Peyton was still that great peyton but there were no talents surrounding him.

Any reasonably intelligent person who knows anything about the NFL can tell that Caldwell should not be coaching in the NFL. It has nothing to do with this season either. He got outcoached in the SB when he sent Stover out to kick a 51 yd FG when the guy has no range and is 100 years old and on top of that it just wasn't called for at that time of the game. Caldwell, along with Manning, went away from a run game that was working in that SB for no good reason. Caldwell also has shown he has no clue how to use timeouts which almost cost us the division title and a playoff spot last year and did cost us some wins but he also helped the Jets get in one more play in that playoff game which sealed the deal on getting the Jets an easy chip shot FG vs a long one. The guy is brain dead. Seriously fire him and move on.

I would say....there is a fine line between "tanking" the season and "losing" the season. Either way you end up with a hostile environment...there is probably not a single player on the roster who is great with "tanking" or "losing" to secure a top draft pick...not even the backups who don't see a lick of playing time. I'd say hang on to Caldwell because this is exactly how we want the rest of the year to go (as a fan for the draft pick reason)...but then it also breeds such hostility and demoralization in the locker room. That alone could have a drastically negative effect on our future because it might take a tremendous amount of time to recover some of the ill feelings players might have toward the organization and their team mates.

Something needs to be done for sure...I don't mind if they lose, as long as they give it their heart and soul and perform (competitive or not). You can't tell me that the team we have isn't competitive (even without Manning) on any given day with any given team...we do still have some extremely talented players.

Come on folks...let's keep the future in mind though...we have something to look forward to.

I can't wait for WEEK 11...I promise we will NOT LOSE that week. We will absolutely positively win the BYE week without question! rotfl

I would say....there is a fine line between "tanking" the season and "losing" the season. Either way you end up with a hostile environment...there is probably not a single player on the roster who is great with "tanking" or "losing" to secure a top draft pick...not even the backups who don't see a lick of playing time. I'd say hang on to Caldwell because this is exactly how we want the rest of the year to go (as a fan for the draft pick reason)...but then it also breeds such hostility and demoralization in the locker room. That alone could have a drastically negative effect on our future because it might take a tremendous amount of time to recover some of the ill feelings players might have toward the organization and their team mates.

Something needs to be done for sure...I don't mind if they lose, as long as they give it their heart and soul and perform (competitive or not). You can't tell me that the team we have isn't competitive (even without Manning) on any given day with any given team...we do still have some extremely talented players.

Come on folks...let's keep the future in mind though...we have something to look forward to.

I can't wait for WEEK 11...I promise we will NOT LOSE that week. We will absolutely positively win the BYE week without question! rotfl

There could always be an injury during that week, so being the pesimistic person I am I could see an "L" happening there also.

It will be interesting to see if Dan Dakich still continues to pin these losses on the players, when overall it's a total team failure on all fronts. If I hear him say it's not the coaches again and it's a personell problem, I'm going to have to call in and poop on him. 

I hope no one believes that Caldwell or the Team is okay any more.

Colts are turned to ponies...

In Hungary my favorite soccer team fired the head coach after 1 draw and three straight losses, since then we gained three wins and 2 losses with the new HC. What are Polian and/or Irsay waiting for?

That team isn't that bad.

I'm happy that this game wasn't broad casted in Hungary. No one could see this shame.

BREAKING NEWS!

Jim Irsay has filed rape charges against the New Orleans Saints organization.

The report reads "The indianapolis Colts were invited into the home of the New Orleans Saints Sunday night at approximately 8:30 PM. They were just sitting down to dinner when the entire Colts team ingested the drug Rufinol, which was added to the Gatorade drinks provided them by the suspects in question, and subsequently passed out. While unconscious, the Saints proceeded to undress and assualt the Colts brutally, even video taping the incident and broadcasting the assault across national airwaves for the entire nation to witness the dignity robbing vile acts performed upon them. Quarterback Drew Brees was listed as the ringleader, reportedly violating the Colts every orifice while the defensive squad of the Saints held the barely conscious victims down for over 3 hours".

lol......seriously, maybe we should file charges. This was the third biggest blowout in NFL history, spanning a gap of over 70 years.

http://sports.yahoo....slug=ac-7058894

The NFL is always a highly competitive league. No matter who the opponent, every team has to play their hardest to earn that win. Sometimes, however, either the effort is not there or things just don't go your way. Either that or your opponent just beats you unmercifully. With that being said, let's take a look at the top five biggest NFL win margins ever.

December 8, 1940: Chicago Bears 73 - Washington Redskins 0

Washington never stood a chance. The Chicago Bears beat the Redskins up and down the field for the biggest margin of defeat ever in NFL history. Chicago destroyed Washington in every aspect of the game. The Bears ran the ball 53 times for 381 yards while holding the 'Skins to just five rushing yards on 15 carries. The Bears defense picked off three different Washington quarterbacks eight times, three of which were returned for touchdowns. Bears running back Bill Osmanski rushed for 109 yards and a score while Harry Clarke rushed for 73 yards and two scores. What makes this even worse for Washington fans was this was actually the Championship Game….

October 18, 2009: New England Patriots 59 - Tennessee Titans 0

How can a team lose when their running back (Chris Johnson) rushes for 128 yards on only 17 carries? Oh yeah, when your quarterbacks throw for a total of -7 yards. This game was all about Tom Brady(notes), as he threw for 380 yards and six touchdown passes. Randy Moss(notes) caught eight passes for 129 yards and three scores while Wes Welker(notes) hauled in ten passes for 150 yards and two scores of his own. Patriots running backLaurence Maroney(notes) also had a great game rushing for 123 yards on 16 carries and also found the end zone.

January 15, 2000: Jacksonville Jaguars 62 - Miami Dolphins 7

Something tells me this game didn't go down as Miami quarterback Dan Marino had hoped. Starting in his last game in the NFL after an amazing career, Marino never seemed to get settled in at all. He did throw a nice 20 yard touchdown pass to Oronde Gadsden, but that only cut the lead to 41-7. Jaguars' running back Fred Taylor(notes) ran all over the Dolphins for 135 yards and a score, and also scored on a 39 yard pass as well. The Jaguars' defense ate the Dolphins alive, picking off Marino twice and also forcing six fumbles and recovering five of them during this 2000 playoff game.

January 14, 2001: New York Giants 41 - Minnesota Vikings 0

This game might not have the point differential of the biggest blowout, but the shock value is what stands out. The Giants absolutely pummeled the Vikings in this playoff game by allowing only nine first downs and 114 total yards to a team that was fifth in the NFL in points scored during the 2000 season, averaging 24.8 per game. New York held Daunte Culpepper(notes) to only 78 yards passing, and Cris Carter and Randy Moss only had five receptions combined. Giants quarterback Kerry Collins(notes) fared much better, throwing for 381 yards and five TD passes while wide receiverIke Hilliard(notes) hauled in ten passes for 155 yards and two scores.

November 26, 1972: New York Giants 62 - Philadelphia Eagles 10

For a rivalry as intense as the Giants vs. Eagles, this game left little to the imagination. The G-Men rolled over the Eagles, allowing only eight first downs all game and caused five turnovers. New York quarterbacks threw for five touchdowns combined and running back Ron Johnson ran for 123 yards and two scores. Receiver Bob Tucker also had a nice game, catching eight passes for 100 yards and two touchdowns.

Edited by ruksak

It sounds so cliche, but fitting nonetheless. We started with a fire in our pants and it went out so suddenly. That bad snap/fumble seemed to extinguish the fires.

62 points is just unacceptable. Only explanation I can come up with is that they gave up. When I see 62 points being scored in a football game, I think mismatches in college football--not the NFL. The players looked completely demoralized on the sidelines and Jim Caldwell still had the poker face of all poker faces. I'm starting to believe he is incapable of emotion. Maybe the worst coach I've ever seen.

BREAKING NEWS!

Jim Irsay has filed rape charges against the New Orleans Saints organization.

The report reads "The indianapolis Colts were invited into the home of the New Orleans Saints Sunday night at approximately 8:30 PM. They were just sitting down to dinner when the entire Colts team ingested the drug Rufinol, which was added to the Gatorade drinks provided them by the suspects in question, and subsequently passed out. While unconscious, the Saints proceeded to undress and assualt the Colts brutally, even video taping the incident and broadcasting the assault across national airwaves for the entire nation to witness the dignity robbing vile acts performed upon them. Quarterback Drew Brees was listed as the ringleader, reportedly violating the Colts every orifice while the defensive squad of the Saints held the barely conscious victims down for over 3 hours".

lol......seriously, maybe we should file charges. This was the third biggest blowout in NFL history, spanning a gap of over 70 years.

http://sports.yahoo....slug=ac-7058894

They also reported that three members of the secondary are preggie from this incident and jacob lacey has a ruptured rectum and will result in him(lacey)never going to the toilet the same again.

Straight up, worst and most embarrassing performance by an NFL all season long. If Caldwell still has a job after this game, i'm done supporting this organization.

Its not the losing that sucks, really. Its the fact that our coaching staff just isn't NFL caliber, at all. Its the fact that the owner is being a little kid and wont get down to business. After he created a twitter account, I must say I lost a lot of respect for him. Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove you are a fool...

Irsey will do nothing with the Polians, in turn, the Polians won't do much with Caldwell... If they do something at the end of this year, and look for a new HC. I'll stay as a fan of this team, and see how our new HC is, what direction the Colts decide to go in from there... But if we keep Caldwell... I don't know how much more I can take of this organization. Its not the losses. Its the fact that our Coaches can't get our guys pumped. Its the fact that we don't have a LEADER. We are a chicken with its head cut off. Even if Peyton does come back. I still dis-like this coaching staff and management... Honestly I don;t know why Peyton would come back. To be perfectly honest with you... I couldn't watch anymore of lastnights game after NO scored that run, He was clearly down before he crossed the plain. If you don't challenge that. You have ZERO fight in you. And we see that fact on caldwells face, every sunday.

62 points is just unacceptable. Only explanation I can come up with is that they gave up. When I see 62 points being scored in a football game, I think mismatches in college football--not the NFL. The players looked completely demoralized on the sidelines and Jim Caldwell still had the poker face of all poker faces. I'm starting to believe he is incapable of emotion. Maybe the worst coach I've ever seen.

C'mon man!The lions usually give-up 40 or 50 points every turkey day.

right now it's us

Yea.....62-7 against any team under any circumstance is not only an indication of a bad team, but an indication of the entire organization failing. Typically when a team loses by such enormous margins, the other team scores on special teams and/or defense. This was not the case last night, which is quite horrendous.

Actually all three teams have much in common. I will still root for the Colts, but quietly I am thinking it is best that we continue to lose for the future of our franchise. It will push out the bad coaching staff and bring change in personnel from top to bottom (with the exception of FO), not to mention the premium draft picks which may procure our future QB.

Edited by ruksak

continuing to lose will not improve anything. Detroit Lions have been losing for 20 plus years, getting top 10 picks in the draft all those years. They are finally winning. LOL you wanna wait years upon years of losing until we get better?

that's kinda laughable

continuing to lose will not improve anything. Detroit Lions have been losing for 20 plus years, getting top 10 picks in the draft all those years. They are finally winning. LOL you wanna wait years upon years of losing until we get better?

that's kinda laughable

Detroit was set back many years due to the ineptitude of Matt Millen. Most of their draft picks from his era are long gone. You are omitting that we have the best QB to ever play the game, as well as many pro bowl caliber players in place for a few years yet. We have a much improved D-line in place, however many are forgetting this because of the injuries. We also have key high-end draft picks on the O-line that are out with injury.

This is why your argument fails, comparing our troubles to the past issues of the Lions. The two situations are completely different, as we already have much of what we need in place.

the worst thing for this franchises future would be to start a hot streak of wins. The best thing we could witness is our guys showing they can compete, the young players stay/get healthy and grow into seasoned pros, all while failing to win.

that's kinda laughable

Detroit was also horribly mismanaged. I mean how many WR did they pick in the draft in the 1st round? (was it like 3 or 4 yrs in a row) Noticed how they got better when they started using their picks not just on a QB but also on AMAZING D talent. (Suh is a beast!)

Detroit was also horribly mismanaged. I mean how many WR did they pick in the draft in the 1st round? (was it like 3 or 4 yrs in a row) Noticed how they got better when they started using their picks not just on a QB but also on AMAZING D talent. (Suh is a beast!)

Exactly. The two situations are entirely different.

I'm with u the front office is going to allow coyer and caldwell to stay.Im fing sick of this s***!!! every year dissapointing loss after another when it matters.I'm a peyton manning fan 1 colts fan second!!! i stopped watching at 21-0 cuz i knew it was going to be a blow out.Some ppl need to be fired NOW.get cowher in here but i doubt he will come look how fu**** up our team is we need changes today not tomoro

Im almost at a loss for words after last nights fiasco. I was under no illusions we would win, but holy freakin cow that was absolutely disgusting. How Caldwell is keeping his job is downright baffling. There is no excuse what so ever for that performance and what made it even worse was after the game seeing many of the players standing on the field laughing and joking around with the Saints players. This team just don't care at all, they are an embarrassment and this coaching staff has to be the worst in history.

Im almost at a loss for words after last nights fiasco. I was under no illusions we would win, but holy freakin cow that was absolutely disgusting. How Caldwell is keeping his job is downright baffling. There is no excuse what so ever for that performance and what made it even worse was after the game seeing many of the players standing on the field laughing and joking around with the Saints players. This team just don't care at all, they are an embarrassment and this coaching staff has to be the worst in history.

hey gets to kep his job cuz IRSAY is a Pu***

Shouldn't the Colts take a defensive player with their first pick regardless of the position in the draft?

no cuz come feb colts will let manning go and start re building i hope manning goes to a team that has a running game/defense cuz he can turn a player like taj smith into a super star