Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin Tuck Says Brady Toughest QB In League

JerodMayo51

So here are some major kudos from a premiere defensive player in the league that showered some serious praise on Brady and his toughness in this Dan Patrick interview.

http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/12/03/justin-tuck-on-challenges-of-new-rules-bradys-toughness-rgiiis-issues/

At the 4:10 mark, Dan Patrick asks who the toughest QB he has ever played against was and he said Brady and then referenced the 2007 Super Bowl where he said they hit him so many times and so hard that they thought a few times that they were going to knock him out of the game, but instead he just got up and kept going at it.

Michael Strahan shared those sentiments as well and said that they absolutely killed him so many times in that game and he just kept getting back up and running the offense without saying a word to any of the defenders.

Pretty cool stuff, its nice to know that hes not just a pretty boy and actually has some guts and grit about him ;)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't average in that SB and Strahan is one of the all time greats. Why does it bother you so much? Being a great player does not nullify his opinion either way.

A. I didn't say it nullified his opinion. I didn't even comment on his opinion.

B. It doesn't bother me at all.

Playing QB at an elite level is a tough position by itself year in and year out.

I never for once thought Brady or Peyton were never tough. You have to be tough to last this long and play at a high level this long, period.

However, one should ask him why they have not been able to get the upper hand when the Giants' D play Peyton led offenses, quite the same way they do with Brady??? :)

2006, 2010, 2012, Peyton has bested the Giants' D twice on the road and once at home and twice pretty comfortably. Maybe it is the Pats' OL has matchup issues vs their DL quickness more than anything else???

Playing QB at an elite level is a tough position by itself year in and year out.

I never for once thought Brady or Peyton were never tough. You have to be tough to last this long and play at a high level this long, period.

However, one should ask him why they have not been able to get the upper hand when the Giants' D play Peyton led offenses, quite the same way they do with Brady??? :)

2006, 2010, 2012, Peyton has bested the Giants' D twice on the road and once at home. Maybe it is the Pats' OL has matchup issues vs their DL quickness more than anything else???

Eli can't beat his big bro. ;)

Eli can't beat his big bro. ;)

We know that.

But the question was not Eli vs Peyton led teams, it was about how the Giants' DL cannot create the same havoc it does vs Brady's OL and offense, vs Peyton led OL and offenses? The only technical reason is that when they line up the NASCAR package inside, the Pats' guards cannot handle it well, for whatever reason. That is the shortest distance to the QB, via the guards, to move the QB off the spot.

We know that.

But the question was not Eli vs Peyton led teams, it was about how the Giants' DL cannot create the same havoc it does vs Brady's OL and offense the same way vs Peyton led OL and offenses? The only technical reason is that when they line up the NASCAR package inside, the Pats' guards cannot handle it well, for whatever reason.

Brady put 38 on them in 2007 in the regular season game at NY so they have not always kept the O down. In the first SB, their Dline was monstrous and the Pats O was over matched. In 2011 they only sacked Brady once so they did not get to him as much in that game but Eli made the plays at the end to win.

Brady put 38 on them in 2007 in the regular season game at NY so they have not always kept the O down. In the first SB, their Dline was monstrous and the Pats O was over matched. In 2011 they only sacked Brady once so they did not get to him as much in that game.

Yeah, so when the stakes were high in the postseason, Brady put 14 and 17 pts vs them (heck they even limited him to 20 pts in Foxboro in 2011 thus beating him in Foxboro and the SB, hard to do). They did get to him and the offense by disrupting lanes, tipping balls, and pressures (with one even resulting in a critical safety at beginning of SB 46) even if it does not show up in sack statistics.

Now, I am ready for excuses (I know you can't resist :))...(or an admission that the Giants' DL own Brady and his OL  ;)).

Still, doesn't change the main topic, Brady is just as tough as any other elite QB. :)

Brady is tough as I believe he has the 3rd longest streak of consecutive games played ever in the NFL only behind Favre and Manning as Brady's streak ended when Pollard blew out his knee in '08.

To many Brady isn't considered a "football player" as they think because of his looks, wife and ultra high end lifestyle that he's "Hollywood".  Society tends to judge one's toughness or weakness on their looks/outer appearance.  Society for years looked at Brett Favre and Roger Clemens as these tough rugged blue collared working class guys but in reality their lifestyle off the field was no different than Brady's.  And Clemens was possibly using performance enhancement drugs, the jury is still out on that.  I do believe if Brady looked more like Dale Earnhardt and came from the "south" or mid west then sports fans would respect him more or think he's tougher as they can relate to him more.  It's sort of like how Nascar fans for years hated Jeff Gordon and said he was gay.  People are easily tricked into clever marketing.  There's a reason why Marlboro cigarettes are the #1 selling cigarettes and it's not due to their flavor, it's due to their marketing campaign of an image of the tough Marlboro Man.

As a Pats fan I do get frustrated and embarrassed when Brady flips out and throws tantrums at the refs.  He needs to stop that.  There are many Pats fans who agree with me on that.

Yeah, so when the stakes were high in the postseason, Brady put 14 and 17 pts vs them. They did get to him and the offense by disrupting lanes, tipping balls, and pressures (with one even resulting in a critical safety at beginning of SB 46) even if it does not show up in sack statistics.

Now, I am ready for excuses (I know you can't resist :))...(or an admission that the Giants' DL own Brady and his OL  ;)).

Still, doesn't change the main topic, Brady is just as tough as any other elite QB. :)

The Giants do own the Patriots for the time being, just like the Ravens do.  Hopefully for the Patriots they can reverse that.

I thought the MVP of the 2007 Super Bowl was the Giants' defensive line.  The D line was able to pressure and sack Brady and disrupt the most powerful offense of all time and force them into multiple 3 and outs.  To be fair the Patriots' defense couldn't get off the field in that game.  They were out played, that's the bottom line.

I thought the MVP of the 2007 Super Bowl was the Giants' defensive line.  The D line was able to pressure and sack Brady and disrupt the most powerful offense of all time and force them into multiple 3 and outs.  To be fair the Patriots' defense couldn't get off the field in that game.  They were out played, that's the bottom line.

Yeah, it was the same tactic Sean Payton used vs the Colts. He shied away from usual Drew Brees' tendencies to take deep shots but kept moving the chains against the Cover 2 (which we starting playing due to DB injuries more) to get a SB high 82% completion rate dinking and dunking. He stole a possession with the onside kick and shrunk the game to about 7 or 8 meaningful possessions for Peyton. The Giants did the same thing vs the Patriots because they knew it would be a lost cause if they tried to match offensive points vs that offense, they tried and lost 35-38 earlier, and learnt their lesson. Smart teams make elite QBs less of a factor by shrinking the game that way. But I have to give those teams the credit (Giants, Saints), they executed to keep their O on the field, whatever it took.  :)

Brady is tough as I believe he has the 3rd longest streak of consecutive games played ever in the NFL only behind Favre and Manning as Brady's streak ended when Pollard blew out his knee in '08.

Brady is sixth all time

Farve

P Manning

E. Manning

R Jaworski

P Rivers

T Brady

So here are some major kudos from a premiere defensive player in the league that showered some serious praise on Brady and his toughness in this Dan Patrick interview.

http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/12/03/justin-tuck-on-challenges-of-new-rules-bradys-toughness-rgiiis-issues/

At the 4:10 mark, Dan Patrick asks who the toughest QB he has ever played against was and he said Brady and then referenced the 2007 Super Bowl where he said they hit him so many times and so hard that they thought a few times that they were going to knock him out of the game, but instead he just got up and kept going at it.

Michael Strahan shared those sentiments as well and said that they absolutely killed him so many times in that game and he just kept getting back up and running the offense without saying a word to any of the defenders.

Pretty cool stuff, its nice to know that hes not just a pretty boy and actually has some guts and grit about him ;)

Of course, he has nice things to say.

He owned him twice at the biggest stage.

Once again, amazing!

Rodney Harrison makes a statement that indicates that he thinks Peyton is as good as Brady and he is attacked by some Patriot fans.

Justin Tuck praises Brady and he becomes a premier defensive player and his words are a cool read to Patriot fans.

I think that Brady is a very tough QB who took a licking and kept on competing.

But, I can't agree that he is the toughest.

I saw Peyton return after missing only play with a fractured jaw.

I saw Romo play with a punctured lung and a fractured rib.

I saw Brett Favre being brutalized by the Saints, yet he played until the very end. 

And, there are probably more examples that could be given of a QB remaining tough in adverse conditions.  To rank any of them above another is ridiculous to me.

Being tough most consecutive starts staying healthy

I don't think that really represents toughness. Watching the hits that Big Ben takes, and the injuries he plays through puts him above the rest imo.

manning can't take a hit anymore, and he usually never had to because of his quick release. Brady has been an oline baby his entire career, and now recently is being hit. 

I don't think that really represents toughness. Watching the hits that Big Ben takes, and the injuries he plays through puts him above the rest imo.

manning can't take a hit anymore, and he usually never had to because of his quick release. Brady has been an oline baby his entire career, and now recently is being hit.

Peyton has actually been hit quite a bit I agree on Brady he hasn't taken a damn thing