Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defensive Mindset

Rich Cannon

If you are watching this game like I am in pure disgust of Tampa 2 zone coverage scheme and how we run it. When is enough enough? We can't possibly expect to win a single game in passive coverage such as this. I hope changes are made and made soon I don't think I can watch this for much longer.

This is just so sorry man someone needs to be fired asap there is no reason for corners to be playing 10-12 yards off the ball every play it has nothing to do with talent at this point this play calling is flawed and someone just needs to be fired

You can't possibly think Cover 2 is our problem. You want our young guy's to start playing these pros man to man? lol Would be a touchdown every play.

Just look at this game, every time it's man to man, they pick up massive yards.

Cover 2 is a great defense for a team that has no talent as you're suppose to have help.

We have no talent.

Edited by GuiltyFan

It's not just the Tampa 2. Polian has managed to put together one of the worst teams I have ever seen in my life. This team is a joke. Where are all of the optimists now? We were only close in those other games because we had not played a high powered offense until now. So many mistakes on the field. This coaching staff is a joke. How can someone considered to be a premier GM put together such a collection bad players on one team and spend almost all of the cap? With or without Peyton this was gonna be a disaster season.

You can't possibly think Cover 2 is our problem. You want our young guy's to start playing these pros man to man? lol Would be a touchdown every play.

Just look at this game, every time it's man to man, they pick up massive yards.

Every time it's Tampa 2 it's game over...so what's the difference?

Every time it's Tampa 2 it's game over...so what's the difference?

Tampa 2 for the most part prevents big plays as you keep everything in front of you.

And we haven't been losing because of the Tampa 2. We've lost because our offense fails and our defense still hasn't learned how to tackle.

Tampa 2 for the most part prevents big plays as you keep everything in front of you.

And we haven't been losing because of the Tampa 2. We've lost because our offense fails and our defense still hasn't learned how to tackle.

It keeps the 10-15 yard completions on every pass in front of you. Doesn't matter if they can tackle or not. If they are getting 2nd and short or an outright first down on every pass play then like I said what's the difference? We very rarely play man and we've been running this cover 2 crap for so long that it's in-grained in our defense. And yes...it doesn't help that our offense can barely even get 1 first down...honestly I really don't see any difference between when Collins was in there and when Painter was in. Neither of them can get ANYTHING going. And our offensive line is truly offensive...injuries once again mount up.

The tampa 2 is killing us because like u said if the defense hasnt learned to tackle then u change the defense up to put them in better position this is just awful there is no reason the middle of the field should be so open and there is no reason that corners should play ten yards off the ball play after play the drive that we held them to the first field goal they actual played man one play and drew brees got sacked they need to try more of that and mix in the tampa 2 there is no reason that year after year we never get interceptions

It keeps the 10-15 yard completions on every pass in front of you. Doesn't matter if they can tackle or not. If they are getting 2nd and short or an outright first down on every pass play then like I said what's the difference? We very rarely play man and we've been running this cover 2 crap for so long that it's in-grained in our defense. And yes...it doesn't help that our offense can barely even get 1 first down...honestly I really don't see any difference between when Collins was in there and when Painter was in. Neither of them can get ANYTHING going. And our offensive line is truly offensive...injuries once again mount up.

Cover 2 or not, no one should be getting that wide open. That's a personnel issue, not a scheme issue.

Collins and Painters? Our line can't block. If Peyton was in there he would be getting hammered.

Garcon can't catch the ball.

Dallas Clark cannot run block.

I don't know whats up with Reggie.

They constantly blitz Painter yet we can't stop it nor can our receivers get open. Not that Collins and Painter are without fault because they are, but this whole offensive failure is a group effort.

Only people playing good are our RBs.

Edited by GuiltyFan