Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Painter Week 7 (Merge)

oldunclemark

Brees has gone over 320yds in every game but one this season. They haven't had less than 80 rushing yards in a game. Sproles has ALWAYS torched us. Now factor in they just lost to TB and are now 2nd in the division. They HAVE to beat us (common opponent). This is an extremely important game to the Saints. Now factor in it's at home, and Payton is coming off a surgery (how will the team respond) this is a perfect storm for a butt kicking.

Saints 45

Colts 10 (17 with garbage time)

Brees 33/39 384yds 3 TDs

Sproles 256 total yards. 2 TDs

Painter 17/44 198yd 1td 2 int

Wayne 6 83 td

Bucs, Chiefs, Bengals pass rush is not that great, and when the Bucs blitzed in the 4th qtr., Painter's completion pct. went down to about 25%.

The fact is, Painter completes less than 30% while facing more than 4 rushers, and that is not good, so terrible matchup vs Nawlins from the get go. Teams take out Garcon and he is the only one they need to worry about since they have enough games to watch film of Painter. Painter has to be reliant on the OC to make checks for him at the LOS, and in the last 15 seconds, there is only so much he is capable of doing by himself with the mike turned off.

Painter isnt a vocal leader.... he played bad, the whole team played bad. except carter.

He's not a vocal anything... His attempt at the no-huddle should never be spoken of, or attempted again...

I mean it was legitimately "Benny Hill" level funny, but if this game had ever been competitive, it wouldn't be so funny.

He's not a vocal anything... His attempt at the no-huddle should never be spoken of, or attempted again...

I mean it was legitimately "Benny Hill" level funny, but if this game had ever been competitive, it wouldn't be so funny.

wth?

He did well with the no huddle up until the fumble.

He played bad but it was more of the offensive line's fault than his fault.

He had 3 chances to make a play this game.

He overthrew a guy, he fumbled, and he hit the guy right in the hands with one pass and the guy dropped the ball.

Every 3rd down play they blitz'd Painter hard. Our line could not stop them and our receivers could not get open. Even in the replays that they showed you could see that no one was open. That isn't Painter's fault. Even our receivers aren't playing with the will to win anymore.

Edited by GuiltyFan

Idk about the no huddle because he did ok at that.. but the colts just looked like a bad team tonight... i guess thats what happens when you play against a team like the saints.

I'll probably get labled as a Painter apologist for this, but we have way more problems than Curtis. Did Curtis have his best game? No, not by any means. Has he played better? Yes. But this loss is not on Curtis Painter, it's on the defense, even if the offense scored 35 points it would not have made a difference.

You need to start looking at the other issues besides QB. If we had a decent defense, we may have beaten KC, Cleveland and Cincy, but we don't.

I'll probably get labled as a Painter apologist for this, but we have way more problems than Curtis. Did Curtis have his best game? No, not by any means. Has he played better? Yes. But this loss is not on Curtis Painter, it's on the defense, even if the offense scored 35 points it would not have made a difference.

You need to start looking at the other issues besides QB. If we had a decent defense, we may have beaten KC, Cleveland and Cincy, but we don't.

Painter is definitely not the reason the colts lost... this team is not a playoff team, the whole team looked bad.. everyone's head down looking like someone took their candy.. the colts need someone that will light a fire under them.

Painter is definitely not the reason the colts lost... this team is not a playoff team, the whole team looked bad.. everyone's head down looking like someone took their candy.. the colts need someone that will light a fire under them.

Exactly. When our team is getting blown out and they walk to the sideline to see a silent statue known as jim caldwell, theres hardly anything going on... the colts need a HC who can yell and show some sort of emotion to light them up. Caldwell just doesnt cut it

Curtis Painter doesn't get my ire for one reason, which is that I have very low expectations of him. He's a 6th round pick who never gets to play or practice.

What does irritate me though, is the complete and total disappearance of guys like Wayne and Clark. I get there is going to be a drop off. But if these guys are who we've thought they were the past 10 years, they need to be the ones stepping up and leading this offense by example.

Reggie Wayne and 36 yards.

Dallas Clark had 0.

Curtis Painter doesn't get my ire for one reason, which is that I have very low expectations of him. He's a 6th round pick who never gets to play or practice.

What does irritate me though, is the complete and total disappearance of guys like Wayne and Clark. I get there is going to be a drop off. But if these guys are who we've thought they were the past 10 years, they need to be the ones stepping up and leading this offense by example.

Dallas Clark had 0.

Wayne didn't disappear. He could be seen sulking multiple times throughout the night! ;)

Dallas Clark had 0.

That is because Painter's completion pct. is not good vs teams that bring in 5 or more pass rushers. He was doing well vs the Bucs till they brought extra rushers in the 4th qtr. and his pct. went down to about 25%. Teams have film on him and know that he is zeroed in on Garcon now, good teams with good coaches will take that away too.

I have said several times, going 3 and out several times cannot be good for our D, Painter did so vs the Bengals and did so here too. It is a copy cat league, other teams are going to do the same thing.

Edited by chad72

Exactly. When our team is getting blown out and they walk to the sideline to see a silent statue known as jim caldwell, theres hardly anything going on... the colts need a HC who can yell and show some sort of emotion to light them up. Caldwell just doesnt cut it

Lol i use to say that the HC not showing alot of emotion on the sideline doesnt matter but the way things are going the colts need a voice in that locker room both player and coahing wise, because they dont have it with the players either. The colts need someone vocal like Ray.. a guy who can talk but back it up..

Right now ppl are calling for Luck, but thats not the way forward. The colts need a defense that can actually stop the other teams QB or at least get them to punt the ball.